1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help defender ship

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jowiee, 22 May 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Defenders need a huge boost. This won’t do much but still need to be said over and over again until the devs do something about it. Speaking for mk6 and up in Nightmare league and Ace 1.

1.) Face it. A bigger pool of HP does not give any advantage again all the other ships. Shooters will easily kill defenders by out damaging. Enforcers double bubble has much higher damage intake. It takes forever and ever and ever for fixers to heal that pool of HP.
    2.) They are big and it’s a big disadvantage to the ship and the team. The big size does not even defend anything but it makes the splash damage around it bigger causing teammates get hit easier.
    3.) Blue slots are supposed to be defender’s strength. Defenders can’t even farm them from achievements. Shooters red slots and fixers green slots can be achieved but not blues (same as yellows).
    4.) Slow piece of FAT
    5.) High HP shrivles in matter of seconds. It does not truly tank. Enforcers are the true tanks and are twice as agile.
    6.) Speeder vs Defender at the end results in LOSE or at best DRAW even when HP is at full 15k-20k HP.
    7.) Defenders best setup was 2 ex cannon and a flare. Ex cannon cd is so slow now that it’s unbearable.
    8.) Defence is useless. C’mon... 50-60dmg reduction does not even work again fire debuff. What is 50-60dmg reduction going to do against 2k dmgs? Or even a 3k torp? 4k dmg mine? 1% dmg reduction is a JOKE. Defenders defence needs to be by percentage or at least 200+ defence to make sense.
    9.) ONLY 6 blue slots whole shooters have 8 red slots. Defenders should also have 8 blue slots.
    10.) Top 50 global only has 1 defender. Fair much?

Solutions:
    1.) Quit playing defenders. Number one solutions at the moment.

Real solutions:
    2.) Increase defence by x or x%
    3.) 8 blue slots to equip 3 big shields like how shooters can load up 3 two-slot reds. (Points)
    4.) Tank and neutralize AOE. Makes sense of the slow speed and large hit box.
    5.) Add blue items achievements (along with yellows).

Feel free to add any more criticism about defenders on why it needs a big buff.

Last edited: 24 May 2018
  2. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Posted in wrong section. Mods please move to suggestions and ideas section.

3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

like your ideas but I think you meant slot points, not slots
    one idea: make defender capable of equiping one duct tape, it will help you much more than bandage so you might regen your hp faster

SlayerofSergeants and Jowiee like this.
  4. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

If defense improves to 200 carronades can't deal any damage. Also any mortar except berta or standart cannon deal very less damage. Do you have a solution for that?

5. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I posted solution for that weeks ago, just make defence decrease damage by %

6. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

If you do that defense will works like quick repairing HP. Current defense is good, serving different purposes than HP.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  7. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Yes points. I added parentheses for clarification.

8. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

I don’t have the perfect solution. I just know the obvious problems and threw in guesses for solutions. % is probably a better way to go. How many %? I don’t know, I’m not a tester. I guess 15%? Or even a block/deflect perk would help too. I just know there are tons of issues with defenders. Devs should be the ones who test the solutions if they are doing their job. They probably need to hire a new game designer. The current design isn’t optimized.

9. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Get rid of or increase defense cap and add defense to shields

10. SeaNavy

And add default health Regen, highest for defenders, maybe 30 or 25 at max.

11. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Defenders are not that weak you guys keep saying always. Our big blues getting a little problems, yes but it isn't that big. I have a solution: any blue item that using on a defender should have %10-15 more effective. Also defenders should gain %10 more speed while charging forward. That makes rudder useful on defenders and with that defenders wouldn't seems much slow anymore. Maybe a little bit buff for agility and turret turning and it is okay.

Last edited: 23 May 2018
  12. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Defender isn't weak. It's actually pretty strong. MK7 needs small buff that's all.

13. SeaNavy

Why do so little people use it if it's strong?

14. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

IIRC, @Miika told us recently that defender was second on usage :D
    EDIT: he was talking about mk6 (because the original post was refering to that mk)

Last edited: 22 May 2018
  15. Rainbow Warrior

16. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Defenders need a buff that’s obvious enough however small or huge. The point is that it needs to be buffed as you all said.

17. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Yes for mk1. Not for 5,6,7

18. Rainbow Warrior

19. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

You say that against speeders a defender will lose or draw at best, that is flat wrong!!

I have played defender since last August and in recent months I have a very good record against speeders and last week one battle ended up with me against 2 speeders at end(they had nearly full health) and I still Destroyed both of them. Got to admit the could have played it a lot better but it is still very possible to beat speeders if you learn how to.

20. SeaNavy

I've destroyed two speeder 1v2 as a defender as well.