1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply I'm so close to quitting..

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flipscuba, 14 Apr 2018.

1. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Although I found some good info here, I feel coming to this forum was a mistake. I've looked back at all the many posts in various threads talking about how Defender is in a really bad place, about how you could buff it, etc. and it just leads to a sense of despair as it becomes obvious this is a game "run" by a company that doesn't care about it. And sure, you could say switch to a new ship. But I've been focused all these many months on building up a Defender. So, while some of the gear would carry over, I have basically no decent yellow items, or green ones. And I can't just start playing a new ship with extremely subpar gear or I'll quickly drop below the infamy threshold to where I get my match rewards cut severely. I just don't know what to do with myself, having made the grave mistake of thinking Defender was fun at the beginning and too-slowly coming to the realization of how bad it actually is at any reasonably high level of play. What is someone like me supposed to do, other than drop several hundred dollars at LEAST on this game (not possible for me BTW)?

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

What captain level and infamy are you?

3. Flipscuba

Level 39, was hovering around 3.2k until I started switching up weapons to help in guild quests, now I'm down around 2.6k

HARPO! likes this.
  4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Don't listen to all the whiners, you can do fine with a defender. It may be a little weaker than others at some levels but the difference is not as big as some forum people want to make you believe.

If you really want to switch, you can always try shooter. No green or yellow items required.

5. Flipscuba

My first post may not have been clear enough. I was aware of the problems I had with Defender for a while. It wasn't until I came here that I realized that I was not alone, that this had been a topic of discussion for quite some time with no real changes made. This forum didn't convince me Defender was in a bad place, I slowly came to that realization on my own.

xxxBISMARCKxxx and HARPO! like this.
  6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

It is unfortunate that you feel that way because the truth is quite the opposite. Battle Bay is run by people who cares deeply about balance and therefore use actual data and statistics to make sure ships are in balance instead of only relying on individual subjective comments.

For example, looking at mk6 defender statistics for the previous season (26.3. - 8.4.) shows that it had the highest winratio and second highest usage&user count, damage done and contribution/stars. This is hardly what I'd call a "really bad place".

Nikkie!, Nam_Nam, Visout and 30 others like this.
  7. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Uh exciting data! Shooter has to be the most popular right?

Whats the least popular and who has the lowest damage &/or contribution? :)

Everyone loves Miika in his number mode!

8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Yes, shooter has been always the most popular ship. The most logical reason for this is that it is the ship everyone starts with and many people just don't experiment and try new things.

The least used mk6 in the last season was Enforcer. Yep, the totally OP ship which everybody now uses according to some reports. :)
    The lowest damage is naturally Fixer because dealing damage is not their role so it's not really a fair comparison.
    The lowest contribution reward goes to speeder this time. Not by much though.

Fun stat of the day: At mk7 the average distance traveled per battle is 40% higher for Defenders than for Speeders. It's not the speed but to stay alive to actually being able to travel. ;)

Nam_Nam, Visout, Desertwhale and 29 others like this.
  9. Flipscuba

I stand corrected. Apologies for letting my temper make me overdramatic.

10. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Thanks @Miika for letting us know the hard numbers, always great to hear feedbacks from the devs about their point of view instead of thinking our suggestions fall on deaf ears.

@Flipscuba what is yoir defender build? I'm a defender main lvl 40, just switched to mk6 and im rocking an unconventional build

Hokuse and What's Up Player like this.
  11. Flipscuba

Some variation of Sniper/Blast/Explosive/Regular Cannon/Flare gun depending on quests, mood, etc. Two shields (big and regular) turbo and rudder. For the past day or so I've been running Sniper/Flare/Blast with flame perks since I realized that flares pop shields.

Stonebanks and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  12. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Thanks @Miika for the statistics data.
    This should calm down all the people with their crazy "balancing" ideas. :)

13. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Great, sniper flare blast is a good combo, try switching to explosive cannon with fire perks and you'll be dealing tons of damage.

Here's my unconventinal build, I usually prioritize survivability and support and can usually do quite well: Screenshot_20180414-163716.jpg

14. Flipscuba

Huh. Do you find you can deal with Speeders at all? I tried replacing my rudder with a third shield, and I honest to God felt like I could not get any decent Speeder in my sights. I also have only been blessed with a couple rare bandages, so a triple bandage build would be far off for me.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  15. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

wow only 1 shield and 3 bandages?

16. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    Lucky u...i got 2 epic bandages in like 4 months...yesi got 1 spic and i waited for another 1 for like 4 months...and u ask...did u crafted epic blues?yes i did alot,but i get lube or rudder(items ill never use ever again!)so yea...

CoolDownHSNA likes this.
  17. Flipscuba

Eh, I couldn't even fit a bandage into my build anyway tbh. I refuse to give up my rudder, else I can't kill the Cursed Speeder.

18. Capitan Defender

defender's heaven fields
    1k damage crit on him will make that pest swim away(sometimes i get a triple critstreak and i finish it off ezly)

HARPO! and Flipscuba like this.
  19. Flipscuba

Yeeess, the cursed, cowardly Speeder must die.

20. Capitan Defender

defender's heaven fields
    BANANA BOATS AND LEMON BOATS MUST DAI NAO!!!!!1!11!

HARPO!, Mr. Chompers and Flipscuba like this.