1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

way to go with match making

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Sultanma, 29 Oct 2017.

?

Do you want a 5-5 fleet or not

1. yes

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. no

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Sultanma

Sultanma Member

thabk you for balanced match making that no one is complaining our team was really way overpowered :)

i didnt want to bring the names on but well the picture speaks of it self

remind me why are we not supposed to fleet in 5-5 ? wasnt because devs didnt want the game to be unbalanced ?

i think this balance is good right ?

Attached Files:

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

When fleeting matchmaking is always at the higher infamy. I agree that is the correct approach, so the issue lies in the fleeter's choice of teammate.

3. Sultanma

Sultanma Member

but i wasnt fleeting bro :)

4. Zotah

Zotah Member

Not sure about that 5v5 with those OP teams that would rule the Bay, it would need to be a separate league like a guild war system with different match making system hoping that selected team are equal power. However, Sometimes I also wish that I could select my teammates when I sail with players with no team concept and just doing their own thing just to end up dying alone. With this game the first kill is so critical for the win. But in the end it’s 50/50...lol. Maybe that is the reason why Rovio thing the current system is perfect like it is...

Rovio need to work on is at refining the match making engine. See my thread about that: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/match-making-system-improvements-suggestions.13741/. Until then

5. Sultanma

Sultanma Member

i just followed the link u put on and i read it i would say constructive ideas really but heres the facts that ive see through the game play specially after the new patch:

- some players tend to lose to let their friends finish quests so this would destroy game play and ive seen it many times today and even since the start of the patch what happens is two players are in fleet they just stay to the back shooting from a distance and when theres a player near to them they ignore him or her just to pretend playing which really hurts the team

- desconnected players since the start of the game

-un appropriate weapons for the level like using a level 30 weapon in a nightmare game now the question is how did this player joined the nightmare league with those weapons?

- suiciding

and many other reasons that really urge battle bay to let 5-5 fleeting because you are chosing your friends so i dont think you will be having this kinda issue

talking about facing top players on 5-5 well i think you also can actually level up your ship to be as the same level as them and besides that people will learn to play better by default due to the compition of the game besides that i believe those players will earn high points so they supposed to face players their level mostly and if not i dont think they will be against repeatedly all day unless is game is poking us lol like if u were with your group and i was with mine i dont think we both will play against them haha

league name is Nightmare ... well i believe it should be adjusted abit not saying it should be the way as it is people who barely made it to 4k say at level what 38? or 40? cant face people at level 50 ofc that will be hard but say people at level 47+ can actually take them due to smaller level difference

so well i and many many many other players want that kinda match making 5-5 why are the devs not goving us what we want ? i mean it is what we desire and what we think we are missing so please gove it to us and adjust it abit i believe the majority of people really know what they want you cant just take it from them

6. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I don’t want 5 man fleets.

7. Sultanma

Sultanma Member

i believe its your openion please share us why you dont want it

8. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

It would change the whole nature of the game. I like it the way it is. It’s more challenging. it’s more about reaction than preplanned strategies. And the matchmaking is more even than you could get with predetermined 5 person teams.

9. Sultanma

Sultanma Member

i respect your point of view rango but wouldnt even the 5-5 be challenging too ? i mean if it was done correctly like at your lvl folks would be challenging but the higher you go the higher the players you encounter and the garder it is so either way its challenging

the idea of 5-5 is instead of fleeting with only one person you could fleet with more friends, benefits are going to be more social game and more of a team play game instead of miraculasly being in a team where someone is suiciding / someone is disconnected / someone is staying faaaaaaaaar away and hoping to hit while the other team is owning your team / someone in game with rediciously lvl 10 or 20 weapons just to finish a guild quest that will destroy the whole team effort

there are dozens of reasons and advantages of the new system suggested of 5-5 not only one or two reasons actually more than that more challenging and more fun really ive been into similar games and seen how that works and how good the game gets really when you are playing with your friends instead of solo or just 1 person fleet

if it was because of rediculiously damaging people with big berta on frozen targets or torps on frozen targets i believe there are rumors where rovio will fix that

10. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Maybe I’m being paranoid but I’m starting notice a trend with matchmaking. I’m either getting fairly consistent 10 matches with a very weak or very strong teams, often leading to 10 in-a-row win/loss! It’s so consistent it feels like it’s an algorithm which penalizes or rewards a player based on some criteria.

I’m Flyhighone

Attached Files:

11. Zotah

Zotah Member

The only match making factor the system is considering beside the total infamy of the team is insuring that every players stay around 50% win/loss. So as soon as you are getting too much over or below 50% the system apply the correction to make you win or loose with carefully selecting the players based all other factors (team composition, item strength, ship,level, etc...) . I think it the way that Rovio found to keep the player interest in the game...

12. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Every good matchmaker ever will have you at 50 %! Holy crap. All that means is you’re being matched against players that are equal to your ability with your gear.

Kitterini likes this.
  13. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Maybe gear, clearly not ability. As mentioned, when it gets into these approximately 10-strait wins or 10-strait loss scenarios, the majority of the team on the loss side is showing abnormally low inflicted damage compared to their infamy scores. For example 300 for a level 30 with a 2k infamy. When you keep having 10 losses in a row where 3 of your teammates have ridiculously low scores, something seems off. In the alternative, on the 10 wins, it’s the opposite. It’s only the 3rd scenario, where it’s a true mix that these 10 win/loss streaks break and it feels like fair matchmaking.

14. Bo Oetjen

Bo Oetjen Member

Do you want to play 5v5 with Elitist, Orpheus, Christmas, Peelah and YSL on unfriends? I sure as hell don’t. No to the 5 man fleets!

15. Sultanma

Sultanma Member

i see you guys are so concentrated on those 5 guys as if the game was only about them

besides i believe they wont be facing them each match when u play this game cheers

16. Sultanma

Sultanma Member

wait wait so as a nightmare player i am expected to see a mk4 or mk5 ships with people at 2600 infimy in my team now is that right?

17. Sultanma

Sultanma Member

so this kind of match making is satisfying you
    guys ?

Attached Files:

18. Sultanma

Sultanma Member

you guys want more?

19. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

If this or similar is true, it at least makes sense. I don’t like it but st least I get it. It was getting so bizarre that I was starting to come up with conspiracy theories like them handicapping accounts for complaining on the forum lol

20. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this is obviously false (or you understanding things backwards).
    Technically most players end up around 50% yes, but they do that because they are matched solely on infamy. There is not some hidden algoritm on top that draws your winrate down, how would that even work?
    Indirectly it happens because your matchmaking rating (infamy) increases, leading to tougher opponents and consequently a higher chance to lose. But the nonsense argument you post should have had a logic check applied before diverting a poor thread even further.
    ---
    @Spartacus Your 10-10 theory is another that could have used just a hint of consideration before going online :)