1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Match Making System Improvements - Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Zotah, 23 Oct 2017.

1. Zotah

Zotah Member

7C0726E2-B9EC-416A-BB15-BC5048976F45.png 3 weak MK5 fixers on the same team with only big fire power on the other side.... we did not last 20 seconds....

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  2. Zotah

Zotah Member

Rovio devs, any improvement planned on the match making rules component beside just accumulating an equal amount of infamy on both side ?

On a more constructive side:

As of now, I can predict the outcome of a match upfront just at looking at both parties before the battle. It should be the opposite, match making angine should try to balance not only on infamy but also consider the others elements that decide the outcome of a battle:
    - Level of the player
    - Level of the boat
    - League of the player (don’t include a master or low level ace with nightmare or vice versa )
    - The loaded item of the boats (need a point system on the items to compare equipped gear between boats)
    - The talents three advancement (another point system for comparison)
    - The type of boat on each side of the teams (don’t group 3 fixers on one side and none on the other side...)
    - Implement a weight factor for every comparison category so you can tweak it on the server side and have a better balance over time

I do not care if I have to wait 30 to 60 seconds more in order to have better match making so that I will enjoy My 5v5 battle, and this win or lose.

I enjoy all other aspect of the game (good job with the guild quest system), but in the long run I got more and more frustrated because of the only rule of battle system is to keep all players arround 50% win/loss. Eventually many players will loss interest to continue to play the game just because of the bad match making system which is the most important component of this game, a 5v5 pvp system, And the main reason of the existence for this game.

3. Harsh Gupta Hulk

Harsh Gupta Hulk Active Member

I am totally with this Idea, The battle should not be fixed according to the infamy totally, it should consider the Captain's level and the Current League of the player as sometimes the players from lower league raises there infamy due to some luck or the efforts of the others and at the end we suffer because they don't have the game sense for the fights with bigger ship and upper league and they act all according to there wish with sole reason of there higher infamy. Also the same kind of ship on both teams really brings out need of strategy and decision making with the better team and strategy winning the battle.I like those balanced team battle where ship on both sides are of same type, whether we lose or win why because it was a fair match of ships.