1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Ticket timer balancing Q&A

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 8 Jun 2018.

1. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

If someone gotten 5 legendary perks, i would say congrats to them as they either sacrificed their sleep/life or pearls ( kudos more revenue for Rovio).

But then again, what are the statistics/number of players that has gotten more than 2 legendary perk? I would dare say less then 1%.
    Would it be fair to curb the opportunity of the rest of the 99% to achieve a legendary perk?

An analogy would be like applying the same income tax rate across a whole nation irregardless how much they earn.

2. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Well i mean the legendary perk is LEGENDARY. It's meant to be hard to achieve, otherwise the label is useless. The epics are already better than their specific counterparts, but the legendaries are the cherry on the top for the most dedicated players.

3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Rovio is just testing to see what works best, to keep us happy.
    Last event burned players out, so they have given less tickets and reduced stars required to see if players prefer it or not.
    If it is a flop and players hate it, then they can tweak it for the next one as we have seen happen in every event.

4. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Since we're back to stars, this event is most like the first one. And compared to that event:
    • Total Star requirements were reduced (even when factoring in the one less day)
      • This is good for players! (Especially players who cannot play all day.)
    • Ticket timer increased.
      • At 15 min, tickets were refreshing so fast, that there was virtually zero reason to buy ticket refreshes, even for players who play all day. In other words, this had to be done.
      • Since tickets are now more valuable, it means there's a real incentive to buy them now. Good.
      • With reduced requirements, this somewhat balances from a player perspective. But it negatively affects players who play all day to a far greater degree than players who don't.
    Overall, it's better for Rovio.
    It's worse for heavy grinders.
    It's just about break-even for the rest of us.
    Overall, I'm in favor of the change.

But I looked at the math about the total requirements, and honestly, as a working parent, it still seems a bit high to me...

Therefore, as a final tweak, if they don't want to further reduce requirements I would suggest to Rovio that they increase the ticket limit from 5 to 7.

Tickets will still be more valuable and worth purchasing for ppl who want to shoot for multiple legendaries, but it makes the events a little more friendly for those of us without a lot of schedule flexibility.

5. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I find it funny that lots of people are getting so frustrated about something that they have not tried yet and will likely change again next week. I get it is important to speak so devs notice but not until more has been seen on how things will work this time.

Rainbow Warrior and Ash KOT like this.
  6. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Then please do take my suggestion in consideration and limit the amount of Legendary to 2 at max. Since it's LEGENDARY, the amount of perks should be limited.

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  7. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

I would disagree, Rovio has always lack some form of corporate communications , someone winning 5 Legendary Perks is hot news to me. Side note, should Rovio require my services as a mouth piece, i am happy to receive your local intern's pay as my wages . :p

8. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

But under the new reduced ticket regen system, if you lose more than you win u got no chance of getting the leg perk where when it was 15 minute regen u had some chance

Nickboi love u and FataMorgana88 like this.
  9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

you can lose with 2 stars still gained.
    If you play badly, yes you will not earn stars and stand little chance.
    But playing well and managing the ticket flow properly it shouldnt be an issue.

10. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

I’m against limiting the legendary perks you can gain as if some one wants to spend money to buy pearls for tickets then let them as they are keeping this company going, hence keeping the game going for all of us to enjoy ( no sadly I haven’t got a legendary perk yet, my own fault from first event for not playing enough...)

YourDomina likes this.
  11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Yep, there are no limits in place, and no plans to impose any :D

12. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

What?I didn't expect this one.:p:D
    But nice work devs.;););)
    #KEEP ROCKING:cool::cool::cool:

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  13. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Yet there is a limit on the tickets refresh time. Not trying to be salty, but it sounds conflicting.

14. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

No @Silverchris was saying there shouldnt be a limit to number of perks you can obtain if you are willing to pay the pearls for the tickets to win multiple.
    There has to be a limit on the tickets and refresh time, or everyone would have dozens and they wouldnt be very legendary at all.

15. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

30 minute ticket timer? What an awesome idea //sarcasm. I maybe get 2 or 3 times to play per day. Family/work/sleep consume a lot of my day. So now, instead of being able to squeeze 7 or 8 battles into one playing session. I will only get 5. My only LONG playing session is at bedtime, but now I have to wait 30 minutes for another ticket? NO WAY. I'll do something else.
    I'm sure the developers get their feedback from some people. But go into any regular guild(non VIP chat) and ask them why they burned out last week. It had NOTHING to do with the feeling of losing tickets.
    It was either:
    1. The chance of earning a legendary perk was so far out of reach, they just gave up (half my guild).
    2. The matchmaking and streakiness of wins/losses was very discouraging and since earning a legendary was so difficult to begin with, and the perks last week were not for everyone. It felt like a waste playing TDM last week, since you likely aren't going to get the one perk you want and losing 5 or 10 battles in a row due to matchmaking was a downer.

The new MODE this week is FUN as anything. I love playing it. ALL the feedback on the forums last week was that players wanted MORE tickets, lower ticket timer and bigger bank of tickets.
    Going to a 30 minute ticket timer seems like a complete PEARL grab made for the P2W players, I'm sorry, but it's true. If the developers wanted to discourage people from playing TDM, they have certainly done it.

16. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

On the flip side, you get guys on the opposite team with no skill that are easy to take down as well. It's all about stars.

Miathan likes this.
  17. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Based on that post:
    The limit of stars during the event is 21016 :p:p:p

Last edited: 8 Jun 2018
  18. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/event-3-reward-requirements-and-tips.19993/#post-147712

19. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

I feel you, man. My time restrictions are just as bad.

However, I'm not really upset, because I understand why Rovio had to change the timer to 30. To compensate us, they lowered the requirement to complete the board.

Not quite enough imo, or at least I would also ask to store up to 7 tickets... But it's not so bad...

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  20. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Looking back at the current feedback , since its quite 50-50 on the ticket refresh time, why don't you assign a lump sum of daily tickets for each player.

a) Empower us to decide when we can partake in the event. Those gunning for more than 1 legendary perk can buy additional tickets , and the tickets wouldnt go to waste for those who wish to purchase additional but at the sudden moment couldn't commit to play.
    The amount of tickets can be lets say , 32 tickets a day (16 hours x 2 ticket per hour). This would serve to cut out the grind, or the fear of losing out when the tickets are refreshed.

I believe it's a win win scenario , where lets say on the last day of Event, some players are lacking maybe 20-30 stars for leg perk , they would be encouraged to spend on raffle tickets.

b) Rework the tier after obtaining the first leg perks. Just like how guild rivalry is , the 2nd board gets harder. Gives incentives for 2nd board, such as Rare piece or Epic piece.

Spinners71 and SlayerofSergeants like this.