1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for EVENTS and NEW GAMEPLAY MODES

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HAPPY SITHSHA, 25 Feb 2018.

1. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Game Mode- Kill Them All
    This will be last man standing match.
    No team. All players will be placed in map with equal separation.
    Time will be 5-7min.
    Also there will be a poisoning gas cloud extending from map boundaries, Making map smaller per sec. Some Damage will be dealt per sec if you touch gas.
    Note: Mines will be ban in this mode.

Last edited: 27 Feb 2018
  2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Allow mines. You can't camp the outside because of the gas, and camping the middle will catch everyone's attention. They're fair lol.

3. DragonLegend

Yeah but since area will get smaller. And Small area+ mines= OP

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  4. PastelPiku

Security
    True. But then you have less weapons on you. Just watch out for mines?

NeptuneGaming and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  5. DragonLegend

Well lets give mine a chance.:)

Neptune_Gaming and PastelPiku like this.
  6. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    How about one that spawns mines in at random that never blow up, so at the end of five min, the are 50 mines.

7. DragonLegend

There is several things worth mentioning in this format..
    1. Fixers won't do any good since everyone is enemy.
    2.Close Range, High damage weapons will be dominant.
    3. Yellow ships will have a advantage so it will be tactical to destroy them first.

Last edited: 28 Feb 2018
  8. PastelPiku

Security
    Duct Tape would shine here.

9. Cryix

Cryix Well-Known Member

The Otherguy and The Grim Repair like this.
  10. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

My guess is that there aren't enough players to segregate the base this way. The game relies on a robust pool of players to select from to do matchmaking. Every time you make a "new mode" or anything like that you are segregating the player base meaning the pool of players to draw from is smaller. You can already see Battle Bay struggling to do matches at certain times of the day. This is when you get those "I phoned it home" matches from the matchmaking system.

I've thought about this same thing with questing. If questing were it's own mode I could afford to drag out my alternate ships and experiment with other weapons, etc. But again, the size of the player base argues against that.

Sachin Shekhar likes this.
  11. DragonLegend

I get that..but sooner than later devs have to find a way otherwise it will only lose player base.
    They have to take some risks. Offer better deal and incentives to lure players and keep them playing for starters.

WestKach1p and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Why not make it so that the game modes are random?

To @Snapshot's point, the devs already took a risk with the Custom Battle feature, it didn't have such a big impact. I think that the diverse game modes would work even if they weren't random.

Nikkie! and Sachin Shekhar like this.
  13. DragonLegend

Idea- how about if devs can add filters to normal match making. When we hit battle it will show normal match or add filters
    Filter example : all yellow - in this we will be matched in a all yellow match.
    Non-yellow match, anti-fixer , all torp user , anti long range , only long range.

14. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I would wonder how popular those custom matches are. I shun them like the plague unless I'm using one to capture video for a shot I want. Heck, I shun everything that doesn't involve using my speeder, as designed. If other people think as I do then that explains why the impact of custom matches is negligible. A more popular mode (like questing) would show the problem more dramatically.

15. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    How about capture the flag? 2 bases guarded by ai turrets(mortars or cannons,ect:) and you have to go to the other base and capture the flag and bring it back with u,(note:infinite respawns)this would be cool...also survival mode against MORE INTELIGENT ai ships,or something like that would be verry cool.thx for reading

16. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

The name "EVENTS" is common.But Battle Bay should be unique.So,what about the name "BAY SPORTS",in spite of the name EVENTS?:):):)

Nikkie! likes this.
  17. PastelPiku

Security
    I think another cool event would be some kind of global guild event. For 1 week, the rivalry will be replaced with the event, which has some different quests (ie Christmas would tell you to ring jingle bells X number of times). There could also be event gamemodes that are just small alterations from normal battles. They could be simple, but it'd liven up the game a bit to have things like these once in a while. Throw in a little reward at the end and everyone will always be excited for the next event.

18. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Dude yes

PastelPiku likes this.
  19. k406k

k406k Active Member

I posted this elsewhere, but thought this would be a better spot to share:

I would love to see a rotating 'map of the month' type scenario. Each month has a special map, but only for that month. As time goes by these maps can be tweaked until the Devs are happy with them, at which point they become a permanent addition to the bay.

20. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Look here guys.I found a new thread about a new gameplay mode today.Tell your suggestions.I have told about this new game mode in that thread.It is the one called "NIGHT TIME BATTLES".:):):)https://forum.battlebay.net/posts/110232/

Nikkie! and PastelPiku like this.