1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please stop the Events already

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by envylife, 30 Nov 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Back when @The Otherguy was in full form he used to get like 67 alerts when he woke up. I once got like 80 because percy jackson likespammed me

2. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    I like to spam, is that person alive somewhere?
    Or I just go and like all the 8,200+ messages you sent here :D
    *My reflection: Hopefully he doesn’t have the MVP powers (whatever it may be, it sounded like something to look out for) back already*

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

You can find him on Discord, I don't see him on the forums these days tho, unless he has a sneaky account hidden away somewhere

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Nikkie!

What do your MVP powers include btw? You told me that I shouldn’t make it too furry:) (the spam at the 13th of December)

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

Basically everything a dev can do except a couple of things. We "manage" the forum to a tiny extent, though we very, VERY rarely use our powers. And most of them are potent enough to require dev permission to use them :D
    Here's the thread announcing MVPs(@CaffeinatedChris and @The Otherguy were the first MVPs):
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/mvp-program-most-valuable-posters.14825/

RACK STAR and The Otherguy like this.
  6. Nikkie!

Ohhh... Another MVP post!
    Thanks for the link :D
    I found the MVP FAQ, but it didn’t explain what you can do with your powers :)

Does @CaffeinatedChris have more names than this ones?:
    CaffeeinatedChris
    CaffeinatedChris
    CeffeinatedChris

3C697B13-2FE1-4DB4-B9CD-7183B8104EEF.jpeg 5F0B1FB2-FD48-43D6-90B7-92A3526D8824.jpeg

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Lol I just noticed that

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Thank you for getting back on topic. What you say is all accurate except for one point: the reason players are in Events are *not* for the Perks and Pieces.

Most players are playing events for two reasons:
    1. They are a fun change of pace from ranked
    2. Events contribute more to Guild Quests than ranked
    #2 is very important. Guild Quests, being the only source of real progression left, and Events are a perfect match. You can take out 5 Swift Torpedoes and hope that you can log a win and a big contribution toward your Swift Torp quest, and if you lose, oh well, keep grinding, no ill effects because your poor choice of loadout won't affect your Infamy and thus your battle rewards. What it does affect is your teammates, who get a lesser chance to win because you are not playing the game properly, just playing to quests. This was a big debate when Guilds were introduced and players brought poor loadouts to ranked matches and it affected their teammate's Infamy.

In other words, the poor Event reward system and continuous Events make it the obvious choice for rewards over ranked matches, not Event rewards, for Guild Quest rewards. Infamy is now left out in the cold, and the League system based on Infamy has lost its meaning. Infamy dropping penalty makes even less sense than before, as does NML Reset. Core components of the game are now major issues affecting battle rewards, which affect Event rewards.

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/dropping-infamy-punishment-length.23143/
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/when-will-the-nightmare-reset-issue-be-addressed.20353/

Rovio has created this issue of conflicting ranking and reward systems, and it is their obligation to fix it if they want their own game to survive. Infamy needs input from every player in the game... that's not what we have with continuous events.

Ability6, Fiorell, xArrogance and 3 others like this.
  9. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    And grim once got +9k because she was sick for a week.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

It all sounds good in theory but practically people have their own choices like they want ship pieces or perks or wanna contribute towards guild or personal achievement.
    One proof of that is Matchmaking time in ranked.
    You can still do guild n personal achievement in ranked but ship pieces n perks are negative for ranked. Thats the real unbalance.
    There are many player who will get bored of non-serious event gameplay and head to ranked where skills matters. But Event Rewards increase patience of everyone to tolerate event. Proof of that is numerous threads about grinding (which they don't wanna do but still do for the leg perk).
    Also In Events we can try different setups freely, if infamy is added, people won't try new stuff that often.
    Infamy in Event will ruin the essence of event.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2018
    Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

My Suggestion to Make Event and Ranked Rewards Same is
    1.Remove Stars from Ranked and Add Battle Coins.
    2. Star Storage will become Battle Coin Storage.
    3. New Boxes in Shop- Ship Pieces Box, Parts Box, Perk Box (Perks changes Every two days).
    Event will still count for leg perk per event but it won't be coins spent but Coins Earned through Per Event.

12. envylife

Excellent suggestion!

DragonLegend likes this.
  13. Ability6

Ability6 Member

I also like these suggestions. I realize that Rovio is trying to do what they can to make this game profitable and that may tend to rub some players the wrong way for a variety of reasons. I believe that will only benefit the player base in the long run. If we want the devs to pay proper attention to our game then profit is perhaps the best motivator. It is not in their best interests to run players off from a profitable game, regardless of whether those players are FTP or PTP, so assuming they don’t care about the FTP concerns seems illogical. That being said, my personal belief is that the events and new ships are the path they have chosen to focus on for increasing profits (maybe this is obvious) in order to try to strike a balance between appealing to both FTP and PTP groups. My only complaint with the current system is combining the grinding aspect with the RNG as it relates to perk rewards. I don’t mind grinding but it seems as though the current requirements for a legendary perk are purposefully designed to require a purchase at some point, as even those most determined FTP individuals will likely tire of the intense and loooooong grind required for a CHANCE at a helpful legendary perk, or they will probably run out of time and then not want to “waste” their progress/coins earned up to that point on ship parts they don’t really want. Even grinding for 100 coins only to receive a worthless (for me) green perk is very frustrating, I can’t imagine that feeling when a legendary perk I have no use for appears.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  14. Ability6

Ability6 Member

Guess I spoke too soon :p 60 coins for a perk feels much better!

15. envylife

Oh I can imagine it... half my legendary perks are useless to me, either repair perks, or items I never used and don't have leveled up.

16. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

My heals were compete trash but thanks anyways :)