1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

My fire nerf idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by What's Up Player, 14 Aug 2018.

1. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Speeder comes, flares you, shoots explosive for 1500+1000 and goes away.
    Defender comes, flares you, shoots two explosive cannons for 1500+1000 and 1500+1000.

One flare can store up to something over 2k bonus damage. If you're using combo properly, it's not a nerf.

Edit: that second number after plus is the fire bonus damage.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2018
  2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I'm not trolling, are you gonna try to understand what I'm saying?

I'm simply expressing my dislike of people trying to nerf fire, especially you, as you you don't realize that you're removing bonus damage. That's literally the whole point of the combo. Have you also not though about the effect it will have on speeders and defenders?

And again, people will have to spend pearls to remove their fire perks.

People will probably remove the perks on their fire weapons as well, so..

25x4= 100
    100[leggy perk. Fire has leggy perks. If there are two, then just add 100 to max value]+ ( 25x3)=175

So maximum pearls someone will be spending is 275 pearls. ( if there's two leggy fire perks it's possible that someone will spend 375, however I highly doubt somebody would have both perks)

Even without the leggy perk, people will still spend a maximum of 200 pearls to remove perks on fire weapons and fire damage perks on cannons. Sure, they get a LOT of gold in return, but higher league players have pretty much no use for gold. And then they will have to build ANOTHER weapon ( likely a blast or ex cannon), which will cost A LOT of time, parts, power cells, and maybe pearls. You see the effect a fire nerf will have on players?

3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I never fully understood one thing
    frost is gone after one shot but fire would be here even after 1000000000000 shots landed on that poor target (of course he would need to survive that and the fire would need really long duration)
    so frost+torp/mortar combo can be ruined by anything and you can boost damage of only one weapon with one frost, why is fire that different, it's boosting ability is almost limitless (except for the duration of the fire and durability of the target) and you can boost as many shots as you want

What's Up Player likes this.
  4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I don't think you're understanding the proposed nerf, or you missed his post with the updated suggestion that doesn't reduce the base damage of the flare. See this post here with a more detailed explanation. When I get a chance to hop in game I'll try to figure out the peak "bonus burning damage" and calculate a variety of scenarios, but it isn't as harsh of a nerf as you seem to think it is (nor is it as overreaching as the initial proposal!)

5. What's Up Player

Yes haha, I realised later that my first idea would almost completely erase all the possible fire damage.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  6. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Wait, WHAAAAAAT? Where did they say this?! Also, did they actually mean all fire weapons? Did they specify?

7. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Also, they'll have to wait for several months to get the damage perks when they become available in store or in guild raffle. Can't just flip over at the drop of the hat.

8. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Note the absence of mention of double bubble abuse.

9. Flipscuba

If people want the bonus fire damage nerfed why not pick something simple, like tweaking the bonus damage perks? Like, I think it's BS that just because a combo is popular means it needs to be nerfed, but if we really gotta do it lets just keep it simple. Knock some percentage points of the perks.

10. Flipscuba

One is CC, one is a DoT. They're two entirely different mechanics. I mean you can definitely make a thread about frost persisting for multiple shots, but this is like comparing apples and mushrooms. Not even in the same family.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  11. SupremeCalamitas

Oh, ok. So basically it just nerfs shooters a bit ( that massive array of weapons won't be overly boosted).

So basically nothing happens to fire as long as people don't spam shots at it? Fine with me, I'll just have to learn a speeder strategy where there's virtually no teammates shooting my target.

@What's Up Player, I apologize for my misunderstanding.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  12. ShipCrusherCz

:rolleyes:
    we have (or rather had) two (or three, depends on whether you count frost variants as one or not) combos: fire+cannons and frost+torps/mortars
    one (two) combo(s) got nerfed so much, that it's dead now so only one combo is reasonable to use
    people want adjustment of that combo because it's just too strong now (it's dominating the bay) but some other people are against it, why? the idea suggested here would just require strategical use of the fire+cannons combo, it can be spammed now without any consequences
    all combos/setups should have "flaws", fire+cannons is so strong because it has no counters (except for the tesshield, especially double bubble), adding some sort of limit to this combo is imho only logical solution here

and some of those who are against this adjustment want to nerf double bubble so hard, that it would make it useless (and some even want to forbid this setup), one word: WHY
    if you are against adjustmemt of universal combo which is dominating the way now, why do you want to kill whole setup (one of three possible setups for ship-replacements of the second shield are tesla bolt and nitro, other yellow items would not be that effective)

13. SupremeCalamitas

Hey I just missed the OP's revised post.

Just give Tesla shield a break. 5 seconds between using another Tesla shield. Problem solved.

14. ShipCrusherCz

posted that before I saw your comment, sorry:) (but still, you were not the only one against adjustment of fire)
    and that could work, much better than those ideas like 10 second or even forbiding DB

15. What's Up Player

@What's Up Player, I apologize for my misunderstanding.[/QUOTE]

No worries bud, it's my fault to edit my post later in comments. I'm sorry also, i expected people to read whole thread, which is never the case. Learnt my lesson.
    It's all good to disagree, that's why these posts are made, to discuss things :)

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

This actually sounds like a good nerf, if a little complex.
    • Encourages skillshots and accuracy
    • Discourages troll loadouts with low damage flares that are pure spam
    • Encourages more diversity, since dual flare loadouts make much more sense

17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Cool, thanks!

18. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

We could ask the same thing right back to you guys. It's end of the world if bubble nerf affects rare tesla shield but it's ok sh!t on low level flare guns. If my flare does around 700 damage and I have one ex cannon with all epic perks. I should only get one bonus out of it?

19. ShipCrusherCz

this adjustment would affect me really hard, I have only epic lvl 10 flare (and it's damage is only 401)
    this might be bad for me but I think that this is exactly what fire needs

20. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Blast cannon charge shot? Case closed?