1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

missile launchers or not?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Bepster10, 2 Aug 2018.

1. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

i was alluding to Bill Nye who is a science guy on a science show and i was just comparing you to him since your english is very formal

2. Zeek433

Zeek433 New Member

i am a big fan of missiles. i main fixer as nightmare,with my primary weapon being missiles. on my shooter i run two missiles. i think they are awesome weapons, but they definently have their shortcomings. if you run missiles, scrap all mortars and plan to have a good bit of cannons on board. i currently run (on shooter) 2 missiles, a sniper, ec, and flare

envylife likes this.
  3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That pretty much sums it up. Missiles have such a random spread that there's a negligible chance you'll issue full damage with them. I see missiles fully converge once every several hundred matches, and the odds of them being on target at that time is super slim, meaning I think I've seen it twice in 8 months! While my missiles are 5x500 (max 2500), my canons crit every match for 2350. In other words from a net output perspective I don't think Missiles hold a candle to canons.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Stop by you shoot your missles . They don't spread near as bad . It's takes getting used too but makes a world of difference

5. envylife

Maybe a little... I've tried enough times that I don't even bother to stop anymore.

6. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

its fine
    not everyone has english as their native language
    even i dont but.....

7. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

8. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

With all due respect, I think this is a major distortion of the stats. My ML does about 5 x 500 too, and while it is true I practically never get full damage, I get a *pretty good share* of the maximum quite often — except at long range, of course. As much as a like my sniper (perked with crit % twice and crit dmg once), I get high damage (in the 1500-2000 range) out of my ML much more reliably than with my sniper (1400 dmg about 25-30 % of the time). And that's saying nothing of the other cannons (which I also like, by the way), which crit much more rarely.
    Obviously, there IS a random part in the missiles spread, and I understand it can be frustrating at times. But when you accept it and use the ML to its strengths, it's one heck of a weapon.

9. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I have on and off days with the missiles. They are forgiving if you are off on the left/right axis, but if you are off by a hair on the distance access, consider the shot a complete loss. It's incredibly frustrating to have all 5 missiles overshoot or undershoot by just a smidgen and get 0 damage.
    When they hit and you chunk the enemy for 600+ per missile, it's very satisfying :p

Last edited: 30 Aug 2018
  10. envylife

I'm pretty good with Missiles, and mine are strong, and they are my favorite weapon, but I rarely use them because my other weapons are so much more effective (canons, fire bombs, flare).

Missiles are flat out difficult to hit. the AOE is tiny, the missiles are NEVER on the same target, and boats move quick. I was running 3 missiles tonight for a quest, before I started I imagined all the havoc I could cause, but in reality while I could hammer them over and over, almost every projectile was missing the boats, and when I did get the target right , the randomizer usually spread the missiles to miss anyhow. The end result is my overall damage was cut in half. So I finished the quest and put them down again.

Missiles need a Crit perk to get the projectiles closer together, more so than the damage perk.