1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this to be expected?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by RaistAMG, 10 Aug 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Oh I get it now lol, it's a first-to-four point TDM. So numbers like these are commonplace on a defeat against a pair of sealclubbers.

Well, at least they didn't have legendaries this time. Still, rough.

Either way, I think power level needs to account for training, though I have no idea how it'll evaluate sniper crits and stuff like that.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. RaistAMG

RaistAMG Member

Well I reported this particular match because I think that they are"exploiting mechanics" and this is specific against the fair play rules in site.

Moreso, they both had the same username. It strongly suggest a single person made the account and gave it to another. So they are together, sitting at the same room, using boats and weapons they specifically left low grade just to beat newbies, and teaming up to do so.

I strongly doubt rovio will do anything about it, however, due to what I have read so far here, and their position pro seal clubbing, in the guise of "experimenting"

Thanks for the clarification, btw, and sorry for the accusing.

3. TheAntiSnipe

Oh np I get accused a LOT. You see, English is not my first language, so it's easy to misunderstand me, and I know it. No offence taken.

Either way, as someone who once took out his mk3 fixer in the first TDM, I can tell you this. Some of them are genuinely experimenting. Because, if you are F2P, it is tough to decide whether you want to build another ship without even getting to livetest it. The fact that it is tough to distinguish between tankers and genuine players, coupled with the truly vast difference in experience, makes it tough to implement a fix, if we see the matter through a dev's perspective.

Let's take the example of considering powerlevel based off of training as well. Now, if you consider the complete power possessed by an item, training included, it is difficult to account for two things: RNG(crits) and actual skill level. Now, for example, if we give the same GS to crit chance and damage trainings as their perk counterparts, people using snipers will end up being ridiculously overmatched. And if we consider actual skill, how do you calculate it while ensuring that the player has no way to manipulate it?

4. RaistAMG

RaistAMG Member

Now I need an honest answer.

Is it worthy? To keep playing? I'd rather stop now before I invest time, if things only get worse, add they seem.

I am searching for a replace for clash Royale (4300 points there) and I had high hopes with battle Bay....

Ultrah likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

I'll say this much. If you have the skill and the patience, you can do ANYTHING in this game. Which is why I've been playing for the past year. You can be a top 50 player, heck, you can be #1 in the world, without paying a cent. So yes it's worth it.

However, I appreciate that most lack the patience necessary to become an OP player. This game isn't for everyone. So that's my opinion on this.

Nicolas likes this.
  6. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Yes, there are many f2p player in nightmare.

@TheAntiSnipe
    This is what I was talking about in this thread: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/event-perks-pieces-and-guild-tokens-rewards.21076/
    "Newbies will become sealclubbers"
    This is just the beginning.
    @TheAntiSnipe Check the comments in the 4th and 5th page.

Last edited: 12 Aug 2018
    Mr. Joseph likes this.
  7. RaistAMG

RaistAMG Member

O k got to level ten.

Found out there is no respawn, so the matches are much more careful and calculated than the chaos before.

Now, last piece of advice: when should I thick about upgrading my ship to mk 2? I don't want to rush upgrade just to be reduced to cinders in every match.

8. TheAntiSnipe

For now, upgrade whenever you can. The first major upgrade decision you will have to take it's at mk5. Mk5s are expensive, so you'll have to choose which ship(s) you will be playing for most of the game.

SykleDrop and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  9. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

Unfortunately bro, it’s just a bad pull. My infamy is mid 2500s and I was matched against many teams that were 4400 infamy and had double my health. It’s just a rough match pull. There will be some where you’re on the low, underdog side and others where you’re the head hunter crew.
    Main thing is to just keep plugging along. My advice; pick a setup that you like and can work with and focus ALL attn to leveling up those weapons. Once you get a healthy weapon setup; then you can start branching out and building other weapons.

Also - make sure you ALWAYS keep a crew member training; pick the right skills; get your daily red boxes and free crates. Time will resolve a good chunk of the frustration but not all. I still have matches where I’m HEAVILY out-gunned; but in those slaughters, I learn defensive tactics and skills I wouldn’t learn if I was always the dominant force.
    Just my opinion...

TheAntiSnipe and Ash KOT like this.
  10. SykleDrop

SykleDrop Member

Yes... upgrade upgrade upgrade.
    But do so thoughtfully. Don’t do like many and upgrade everything one level at a time. Upgrade your preferred ship every chance you get; and only upgrade your primary weapon setup at first. Build secondary weapons later after you have a robust primary.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head, dude. I see too many people upgrade stuff they don't even want to play with. To people who like holding on to epics saying that RNGesus might make them a different class altogether, I want to say this: Try out the weapon. You have events, play extensively with that weapon. If you don't like it, scrapscrapscrap.

SykleDrop and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  12. Zviki_SLO

Zviki_SLO Member

I wasn't talking about level but about infamy

13. TheAntiSnipe

Infamy is not considered in the matchmaking for the events. I found myself duelling lv46 people at 1.4k infamy in the 1v1 event, my own infamy was 3700+ at the time I believe.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  14. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Unfortunately, the gear score matchmaking currently can't do shit to defend against seal clubbers. Perhaps add a penalty for dropping more than 500 gear score?

15. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

This is the most likely solution they will implement, similar to the infamy drop solution