1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Perks-Pieces and Guild Tokens-Rewards

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Nicolas, 24 Jul 2018.

1. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Hello,
    In each update, devs do awesome job to improve Battle Bay. However, there are always few things that devs ignored.
    First, update 2.5 was one of the best updates ever. New guild rivalry was added. Players now have easier way to collect parts, pieces, perks, and weapons.
    Guilds rewards should be nerfed: It's not fair that one of the best guilds in the bay get similar tokens and raffles after completing 72+ (sometimes 84+) quests to a guild ranked 1000+ after completing 24– quests. Both guilds will get 42k tokens, and both guilds will have similar chances to get epic parts, pieces, perks, and weapons. In other words, guild tokens should be based on the number of cleared boards. Also, parts-pieces-perks-weapons quantities should be based on guild global rank too:
    • Rank 1-10: rewards quantities should be increased by 100%.
    • Rank 11-50: rewards quantities should be increased by 50%.
    • Rank 51-100: rewards quantities should be increased by 20%.
    This is my guild raffle after clearing 83 quests.
    _20180724_183110.JPG
    As shown above this is my guild raffle. Im a nightmare player my infamy now is 5k+. The best rewards are epic yellow piece and (useless) epic Rudder perk. These rewards are totally a waste of tokens and time for me. This is my bonus raffle: _20180724_183041.JPG
    It's called legendary raffle, but i don't consider these legendary rewards. We should at least get a chance for x5 epic pieces - one legendary or epic event perk - 15 legendary parts - 100 epic parts - 200 pearls...
    (btw remove power cells and replace them with boosts :rolleyes:)

Secondly, update 3.0 is one of the major updates so far. Events were added to the game. After collecting 900 coins, all players will get one legendary perk. My point is: as I mentioned before my current infamy is around 5k, and I consider it unfair to have similar chances - rewards to ppl in ace and below leagues. (Can u imagine how I feel when I see a 500 infamy player who has one legendary perk that I want, but I got two legendary rudder perks instead of it). I remember that when I was in his level Perks-Pieces were very hard to collect.
    Solution1:
    The number of coins per each box should differ from a league to another:
    _20180724_192449.JPG

• Nightmare: 25 box per 900 coins
    • Ace: 20~22 boxes per 900 coins
    • Master: 16~18 boxes per 900 coins
    • Warrior: 13~15 boxes per 900 coins
    • Challenger: 10~12 boxes per 900 coins

In other words, the only difference between nightmare league and other leagues is in battle rewards and season rewards. Rewards should be different in both events and guild raffle too.

Solution2:
    Since events are based on gear score, rewards should be based on gear score too.
    Let's divide gear score:

GS < 2000 x of out of 5 coins
    2000-3500 x of out of 6 coins
    3500-5000 x of out of 7 coins
    5000-6500 x of out of 8 coins
    7000-8500 x of out of 9 coins
    GS < 8500 x of out of 10 coins​

+ Gear score should affect rewards chances

........< GS < 1000 —> 90% R 9% E 1% L
    1001< GS < 2000 —> 87% R 12% E 2% L
    2001< GS < 3000 —> 84% R 15% E 3% L
    3001< GS < 4000 —> 81% R 18% E 4% L
    4001< GS < 5000 —> 78% R 21% E 5% L
    5001< GS < 6000 —> 75% R 24% E 6% L
    6001< GS < 7000 —> 72% R 27% E 7% L
    7001< GS < 8000 —> 69% R 30% E 8% L
    8001< GS < 9000 —> 66% R 33% E 9% L
    9001< GS < ......... —> 63% R 36% E 10% L​

Thank you.
    • WarHawk •

Last edited: 7 Aug 2018
  2. Nicolas

3. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Personally I'm not in favour of these proposals. They would slow progression for newer players. They're like tax proposals which keep the rich 'rich' and the poor 'poor' .

I am in favour of speeding up progression for players. That would mean that a bigger pool of players would be available for the nightmare players to compete against rather than the facing the same old players all the time.

I do believe that something new is needed to keep nightmare players interested and give them some incentive to compete once they're comfortably over the 4k barrier .

Anyway, that's just my opinion . I'm sure you'll find lots of people who agree with you and disagree with me.

4. Nicolas

Im just saying that when I started playing this game, It was so hard to find and collect parts-pieces-perks. Now, It's so easy to collect parts-pieces-perks. ppl around 500 infamy can build a legendary weapon in three weeks. It's not fair that all leagues have the same rewards system in events and guild raffle.

5. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Why isn't it fair? Because you're NML and better than everyone else, so deserve to be treated differently?!

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes it was much harder before guild raffles and events . But the genie is out of the bottle now, it'd be very difficult (and unpopular with many) to revert back, plus an absolute killer for any brand new players who'd just get wrecked by everyone else .

HumpD 414, Hazimi and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  7. Nicolas

There should be a different in rewards to all leagues. Nightmare - Ace - Warrior - Challenger.
    No It won't make it harder for new players. It's just about fairness. New players will get rewards based on their level. Each player should get rewards based on his level and league.
    Fairness=all new players should have same rewards.
    I don't want to see a challenger player who is suffering from enemies op weapons who joined a the game a week earlier. (op weapons= epic with legendary perk while he did just join with his uncommon stuff)...

8. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

You know you really should just ask them to increase drop rate of legend parts/cells or make it available in shop for NML players..

Ask for incentive, I dont mind..but dont also include things that hinder progress of new/mid players :/

HumpD 414 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  9. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

Also about new player getting good perks well try again next time and hope for better luck..us new player get good perk but no good gears to equip it on k thats fair enough imo i have to put my leggy railgun perk on a t1 rail and need 100 pearls to remove it..god knows when will get a dupe for it!

10. Nicolas

This is why u should have lower chances to get a legendary perk. u don't know how to use it and u don't have powerful weapons to equip it.

11. <<ĎôňĎîêğô>>

<<ĎôňĎîêğô>> New Member

I started playing Battle Bay 9 months ago. I'm in Ace I league. Perks and Pieces were very rare. We used to become so happy when we scrap an uncommon weapon and we get a rare or epic piece. Perks were only available in shop. It used to take around two weeks to get a useful epic perk from the shop. Event rewards and guild rewards should be based on the level and league of players.
    Rovio shouldn't give a new player these op perks and pieces easily.

12. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

Game is two years old, its only natural to speed up progress for new players otherwise you're just pushing them away and kill the game..this is a policy for majority of game developer because its the logical thing to do..

13. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

Thats fcked up, why would you suggest making progress harder for new players instead of making it easier FOR EVERYONE..

ShipCrusherCz and Aether_Zero like this.
  14. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

End of the day its crew training and captain level that count the most and these two things are not easily accessible..

New player is still a new player even with a leggy weapon or perk..their leggy ex cannon still do 650-800 damage, not 2000..they still die after 3 shot against level 40+ seal clubber :)

Its not easy at all

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  15. Transformers

Transformers New Member

I totally agree with Nicolas. I'm in Ace I league too. It's unfair that all players get the same chances and rewards in both event and guild raffle. It has to be based level and league.
    It's just too easy to collect pieces and perks now. It should be nerfed in low leagues.

16. Nicolas

Exactly! Im just saying that event rewards and guild rewards should be adjusted based on player level and infamy.
    Event rewards will stay so good for them. Rovio should had adjusted rewards based on leagues before adding them to the game.
    It is just like putting a new born baby who doesn't know how to drive in a super car. Give them a bicycle.

17. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Just to clarify --- I'm going to guess that you're getting around 231,000 tokens per rivalry plus your finishing reward of 21 to 42k .. or 252,000 - 273,000 tokens .. compared to 93,000 for doing 24 quests and winning. So, to be fair, you're getting 3 times the amount of tokens in your example.

But point taken - you are putting in a lot more work.

And, I agree that the 12th spin rewards are very weak - especially since I hit every power cell on the board without fail.

But, I'm not sure that I want infamy leagues and events connected .. because I want a larger to pool of people than the same nightmare players I see on a daily basis.

Although ... I think it would encourage people to use their best ship if the coins rewards increased as the ship tier increased.

So, Mk7s would earn more coins per match .. which would make sense since they typically have more items ready to use or a greater need for that one perk in the highest level of competition.

18. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Yeah. For a F2P to get a legendary , it used to take months. Now a new player just has to grind and can get one in a few weeks.:eek:

19. Nicolas

I totally agree with you.
    It's really a hard work to finish 7 boards. A large amount of effort per each member. Real money spent on boosts. Then we end up on rare power cells in guild raffle.
    Nice point of view: we have 8 weapons, so we need more chances to get a useful perk. New players have same chances and rewards while they don't have op weapons to use perks on and they only have four weapons. Devs should improve rewards for high players and nerf it for low players.

Last edited: 25 Jul 2018
  20. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

If the lower players get their rewards nerfed, there will be no more new players, no more fresh new players = dead game.

Hazimi and ShipCrusherCz like this.