1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How many people think Battlebay is a joke?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bennie1120, 20 Jul 2018.

?

Battlebay has hit an all time low player activity.

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Exactly what happened to the guild rivalry...

What makes you so certain that "so many players left" because of how horrible the game is?

Matchmaking is definitely not the best, but at least it's less screwed up as when events were first added...

What kind of miraculous, bright ideas do you have that would have absolutely saved this game when it had one foot in the grave? Devs do read the forums too, and they know good ideas when they see them.
    (For example, @Help I Cant Swim's idea of Tavern Brawls, now known as events.
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/battle-bay-needs-tavern-brawls.17156/) Instead of blatantly complaining that it's all the devs' fault that they didn't listen to you, look at your ideas and see if they are really as good as you think.

Also there was another thread about this:
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/is-the-game-dead.20681/

2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

This guy's few friends left. So he thought all are leaving game. I still meet lots of unknown players every day on bay in matches. So there are enough players in game, with time number will increase. People will come and go, its true about every game.
    Battle Bay is only game that has managed to stay on phone for longer than 6 months. Its already 14 months and 14 days.

Last edited: 22 Jul 2018
  3. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I can see why you think BB is dying. There's 10 million people playing it dude. That's around 1/730 of the world. Sure, people are leaving. Sure the matchmaking supposedly sucks. But just because a few friends and guild members left doesn't mean everyone is leaving. I'm only quitting because of a bug that makes the game crash after every single battle. But that ain't rovio's fault, that's just the game being an asshole. Yes, games are sentient inside :p

Don't blame the Devs.

Blame the bugs.

4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Did you search for that update I told you about? It doesn’t appear in the updates page.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Game is losing Players Just Cause Event After Playing for Months or 2 people are still in same league just cause players are getting legs from Achievement and many Powerful weapons but NO SKILLS AT ALL!
    Because of this Skilled players are leaving the Game!! and Noobs are Increasing Day by Day

Riddlerpaji and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  6. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I didn't see the update

7. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Oh never mind idk

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's pretty simple: advertising. I see ads for PUBG. I see ads for Fortnite. I see ads for World of Tanks. I never see no ads for Battle Bay. The only reason I know about BB is the advertising campaign at global launch. I haven't a clue how people are finding it now outside of word of mouth.

TheAntiSnipe and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  9. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

In the USA googleplay store over the last 90 days Battle Bay has been hovering around the 500 spot in the Free Games>Action Category until the last 30 days where it has shot up the low 200s. This is probably due to the events. But how do people find the game I hear your ask. Hopefully below provides you with an answer.

Obviously searching Battle Bay brings up the game, but in the USA store, "Capture the Flag" is the next highest keyword people have downloaded from in the USA in the last 30 days. 3rd is MOBA. It's probably safe to assume the usual rovio/angry bird searches will bring the game up fairly high on the result list too. The top 5 referring apps over the last 12 months have been OK Golf, Angry Bird Evolution, Minion Rush, Angry Birds Classic and Tap Titans 2. However the games highest traffic comes directly by Instore searches, followed by being featured by the appstore itself. Looking outside the Store, Rovio.com is the site which results in the most downloads for the game.

As a side note, Battle Bay over the last 90 days in the USA playstore has never once dropped out of the top 500 highest grossing apps (not just games but all apps). However even though the game has experienced more downloads over the past month, the game is currently on a downswing in revenue (it has hit some of its lowest points this month when compared to the last 90 days). This probably means even though people are downloading the game more, less are sticking around and paying. It will be interesting to see July's DAU once that info becomes avaliable.

With Regards to PUBG Mobile. It gets alot of traffic just by being high up in the charts. This creates somewhat of a feedback loop. The more people download the game, the higher up the charts it gets, so even more people download it. PUBG also gets a lot of downloads via social media as well as having a lot more websites link to the game. For example Polygon, The verge and Forbes sites the top sites where people have downloaded the game through, not to mention PUBG overall is one of the most played games in the world, so it has that going for it as well. Lets not forget that mobile version is being run by Tencent the biggest gaming company in the world with near limitless resources. It's in the public mind, so people will know about it without ever playing it before.

Last edited: 23 Jul 2018
  10. envylife

It takes advertising to get high into the charts to get to that feedback loop. I hadn't actually heard of PUBG until I saw it advertised in Battle Bay :) Fortnight's success has brought up PUBG because of the success of the format, and Fortnight's feedback loop is in a class all by itself!

It's also important to note that both PUBG and Fortnite are available cross-platform. I'd love to be able to play Battle Bay with higher resolution and a real controller on a console, but there's no activity in that direction either. I put my 4 year old tablet at half resolution to make it playable... but it would be perfectly fine on my 12 year old PS3 or my 1 year old Switch, as most any console is cheaper than a new tablet. There is a reason games get ported to other platforms... more players.

11. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

I wouldn't say thats necessarily true. PUBG (PC) created its original feedback loop by being streamed a lot on twitch. People bought it and it became the most played game on Steam. Once you throw in all the youtube content people made for the game and all people talking about it on social media, it was huge. Sure some of those streamers were sponsored and i guess you could call that a form of advertising. But not traditional advertising.

Fortnite was a dead game until they added their own Battle Royale mode which was popularized by PUBG. Add in all the things PUBG were doing and be Free as well, then it's easy to see how that also became an even bigger game.

I don't think for either developer originally spent a whole lot on traditional advertising to get their games up and running.

Also if anything, Fortnites rise has been to the overall determent of PUBG. PUBG concurrent players have been steadily falling since Fortnite got big.

Now when you say Cross-platform, i assume you mean multiplatform, since PUBG doesn't have crossplay, and Fortnite has crossplay but only under group modes when you team up with someone on a differing device i believe. Both PUBG and Fortnite were both huge games on PC before they even came to console and mobile. And interest in them on other platforms would have been high even without advertising. Obviously the extra advertising they have been doing doesn't hurt.

12. envylife

Point is, even with successful feedback loops in play, both PUBG and Fortnite are still advertising.

13. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

It took me a while to vote, but considering that it makes me laugh everytime my team is stupid, and since I’m laughing almost everygame...

TheAntiSnipe and ShipCrusherCz like this.