1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Bay needs "Tavern Brawls"

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 27 Feb 2018.

1. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

If anybody has ever played Hearthstone, they know what I am talking about..

If you haven't played Hearthstone....
    Basically, every week there is a special, fun game mode in Hearthstone (Blizzard card game) that gives a great reward and an amazing break from the norm with playing. Some of these are absolutely ridiculous that they give you a full deck of the same card that has an ability that doesn't otherwise exist in the game. But they are hilarious and so much fun. I've quit playing Hearthstone now, but for awhile these Tavern Brawls were my favorite part of the game.

What I want in Battle Bay is a weekly/bi-weekly rotating game mode that will allow a break from the normal grind. I'd love for it to have a decent one-time reward (like the card pack in Hearthstone), but that can be decided later. The real beauty of this game mode is the devs could implement whatever wacky rules they wanted for an entire week of just fun. If they wanted to allow for stars/gold/sugar to be earned like normal, that would be a huge bonus and the community would love them for it (even if at a reduced rate). ;) <3

I know that the community would love to have some input on the upcoming Bay Brawls. Some ideas might be too difficult for the devs to implement, but I'm sure there are plenty of ideas that could be implemented without major in-game changes.

My first suggestion would be the "Sticky-Mine Speeders"
    Everybody gets in a decked out MK6 speeder with their own sticky mines. These mines can act like normal mines, but they can also be stuck to objects, teammates and even enemies. They do bonus damage if stuck to an enemy or half damage if stuck to a friend. How many mines can you stick to your buddy before he makes a mad dash at the enemy?

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That would add to the wacky and comical aspect of BB, nice!

Nikkie!, PastelPiku, Rivet and 3 others like this.
  3. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Haha. Great idea.

How about... everyone gets to be MK6 Defender. Turbo is not allowed. Only Big Torp and Carronade is allowed as weapon :D would be hilarious dodging the big torps :p

4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Haha that would be great. See... even simple ideas like this wouldn't change anything in-game and would be a ton of fun to play. Imagine a 5v5 of all napalm + flare + duct tape fixers. There are thousands of different combos that would seriously breathe life into Battle Bay. Maybe even allow custom battles to be set with the current (or past) Bay Brawls rules.

Nikkie!, NeptuneGaming and Kalbs like this.
  5. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Can't do that. Rovio needs to focus on maintaining 48626 angry birds games they have.

6. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

How about a one day Free for all every 2 weeks?
    And add a new arena from custom battles for this into regular rotation. Ballpark brawl.
    Every tme you enter the battle mode switches to everybody against everybody.
    Devs can determine how it works towards infamy.

But an entire 10 player battle would be great.

7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Not totally sure what you mean, but a free-for-all could be another great Bay Brawl. Imagine a 5-10 person free for all on the bay. It would be awesome. no fleets allowed

8. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Ooouuuu a Battle Royale/PUBG-like last man standing brawl mode ... support!
    This could be a way for Rovio to tease players to upgrade (aka "accumulate and spend" their precious pearls/sugar/gold) if all players were given the same ships and loadouts and we can gauge for ourselves the viability of a high-level ship/weapons.

9. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    I love this idea. I would like to see something like tag, capture the flag, etc. Prizes could be a one time thing

Blood Raven likes this.
  10. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

That would be new and fun experience, i like it. We start boring with same maps, same mods and same games... Game needs various game mods. Devs please hear us!

11. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Would be fun if devs give us those weapons they are gonna introduce in future to play with, like beta testing during bay brawls.The weapon can be improved , and Introduced as a balanced official weapon based on feed back

A lot of things can be done,implementing this would be a good change!

Flint and FearsomeChicken like this.
  12. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
  13. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

A dev agreed!! :)

anchorman.gif

14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Bump for the weekend crowd.

Nikkie! and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  15. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Will devs add this in the game?Just asking:rolleyes::rolleyes:;););)

16. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

One more month. They've got to be working on something big for the anniversary.

17. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Bump in hopes of a big update on Bay Day 2018.

18. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Thanks devs! :)

Nikkie! and Hokuse like this.
  19. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

YES!

Nikkie! and Hokuse like this.
  20. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    +2! Awesome idea