1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

General Questions Guide (players / admins) - Answers Appreciated

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tommy1UP, 10 May 2017.

1. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

Correct me if I'm wrong. So when you scrap common level 1 you receive common scrap. You also have a possibility to get a part too which can be higher than the current rarity of the part. In addition to increase chances of getting rarer parts I could scrap my higher level parts ?

2. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

tell me about it lol :D

3. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Sorry, I messed up with the parts thing, I always ment scrap. If you scrap a common weapon you'll get common scrap, but the amount of scrap you receive and the possibility of also getting uncommon or even rare scrap from it go up with the level of the weapon.

Edit: ment, not mentioned

4. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

Ohh okay but I looked at stats wise and big berth caught my eye too. So I invested my money into one I'll tell you how it goes for me : D

Thanks again you have been a good help :)

5. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

1a). What features are there in guilds ?
    1b). How do they help / what do you get out of them ?
    1c). How do you join guilds (even though it's broke right now) ?
    1d). Can you team up with guild mates ?
    Yes
    1e). (it's a features question sort of but I'm curious) Are there clan battles ? Will we see in the future if not ?
    1f). Can you battle members with in your clan ?

2a). How do you add personal friends ?
    Through seeing them in the ocean or in chat, tapping on them and pressing add friend
    2b). Can you play with your friends ?
    Yes
    2c). How to you search for particular players?
    You can't
    2d). Like question "1f" can you battle friends ?
    No
    2e). Dose friend chat work or is that still broke too ?
    Broken right now

3a). Will global chat be fixed soon ?
    Hopefully
    3b). Will it be more player friendly as it was a wreck ?
    Uhhh...Maybe?
    3c). Will there be a recent battle feature ?
    3d). Will there frequent battle changes e.g. nerfs and buffs in order to make players test different set ups ?

4a). When you upgrade to Mk2 why dose basically every stat decrease (apart from health) ?
    Well in higher level play all your training and blue items stack together to make you a lot faster. I think it's to make sure everyone isn't zooming around at the speed of sound
    4b). Good boat set ups. Your personal favourites ?
    I like enforcer with cannon, mortar, overboost, And shield for what slots I have available
    4c). Kinda like "4b" Good weapons to use / level up ?
    Whatever you like really, nothing is bad
    4d). Any real difference in part scrapping ? e.g. Sniper yields more scrap then a cannon
    No
    4e). Similar to "4d" best ways to obtain scrap e.g. from the shop or actually scrapping parts ?
    Both are good
    4f). Best items to use and level up ? e.g. shields over turbo ?
    Depends on your ship
    4g). Best crew members to train up first ? e.g. Who offers the most to benefit your boat ?
    4h). What dose retraining do and is it worth it ?
    Let's you pick the other skill INSTEAD of the one you chose in case you don't like the skill you picked previously
    4i). Best way to obtain sugar (as I found this to be the thing I run out of the most) ?
    Just battle a lot

5a). Can you change camera sensitivity ?
    5b). Most helpful tips when in a battle ?
    Keep moving and don't run away from your team mates
    5c). Battle tactics - Play defensive and play for picks or team rush and chase kills ?
    5d). Will my team mates get better as I progress through my season rank as right now they are trash ? (and they are not longer bots as they lose points)
    5e). Do you think matchmaking needs to be changed or adjusted at certain leagues e.g. Skill/Power based system ?

Answeres I knew and felt like answering under your questions. I didn't get them all but I got some haha. Cheers buddy

6. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

ohhhhh makes sense !
    Thank you for clearing it up.

7. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Oh, also although you can't search for people now the devs said somewhere that they plan to add that in the future. I can't remember if it was here or in Reddit that I read that, I should probably search and link the sources of some of my answers.

8. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

HaHhaha. But No thank you mate appreciate it. I'll be adding more questions as a progress. But thanks again :)

9. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

There's a Reddit page too hmmm interesting but I'll look into it thanks :D

10. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Np, I'm pretty new as well. Just wanna spread what little knowledge I know to others hahaha :p

11. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

Yeah I've only been playing for about 2 days or so. But sometimes a little goes a long way plus it's good to give back and it can be helpful. In my case it has been. So again thanks :)

P.S how new is new ?

12. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

There's also the trick of leveling an uncommon item up to tier 2 before scrapping. There's a thread on this somewhere.. it , I believe gives you a much higher chance of epic drops.. bit you would have to double check the thread. I believe it's a pinned post by SirCornedBeef

13. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

I'm 4 months in and still consider myself fairly new.. obviously a 'little' more experiencedin the mechanics, but I also have the luxury of playing almost as much as I like, as I cannot work due to a disability. So I guess I have a bit of an advantage over most, lol

14. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Hey no worries man :)

Since global launch which was...6 days ago? I saw the game on App Store trending and thought it looked pretty fun. Been hooked ever since hehe :p;)

Edit: fixed some errors

Last edited: 10 May 2017
  15. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Soft launch was about a year ago, global launch was 6 days ago.

16. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Sorry wrong word. I mean global launch :p:p
    I'll edit my post

17. Gh0S7

Gh0S7 Member

I thought you said lunch o_O

18. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

So many questions here but luckily I have some time to answer :) Background information: I have played the game for some 10-11 months now (captain lvl 36, current infamy 3432) and followed the developer announcements closely. So at least I should know what I'm talking about :D

1a). What features are there in guilds?
    - Currently only chatting and competing in guild leaderboards. More features are likely to be added in the future.

1b). How do they help / what do you get out of them?
    - Right now you get really nothing out of them, except good friends to chat and fleet with. But of course you can still make friends and form fleets without ever joining a guild.

1c). How do you join guilds (even though it's broke right now)?
    - Two ways: 1) receive guild invitation from somebody, or 2) click guild icon from main game screen and search guilds by name. Enter the guild's page where you see their member list and description - a join button will appear. However, some guilds can be closed and accessible only by invitation.

1d). Can you team up with guild mates?
    - Not really, but if you add them as a friend, you can then form a fleet with one person at a time.

1e). (it's a features question sort of but I'm curious) Are there clan battles ? Will we see in the future if not?
    - Right now there are no guild battles in the game. But it is a very commonly asked feature and the developers have stated that something like that could possibly be added later in the future. But a feature like this could also be something slightly different than normal real-time battles, who knows what they come up with.

1f). Can you battle members with in your clan?
    - Not directly, but it is possible to be in the same battle in different teams if you are both within the same infamy range (approximately +/- 500 from each other) and press the Battle button at the same time. But it's still not guaranteed that you would be placed to the same battle.

1g). Can you request for stuff in clans?
    - Not at the moment.

2a). How do you add personal friends?
    - Currently the only way to add friends is to find their profile somehow (from lobby, chat, guild page or leaderboards) and click the Add Friend button at the bottom right.

2b). Can you play with your friends?
    - Yes, to form a fleet with your friend first open the friend chat and click their name. Fleet Up button will appear at the bottom right of the chat window.

2c). How to you search for particular players?
    - Unfortunately you can't do that at the moment. However, developers have stated that search feature is likely to be added soon.

2d). Like question "1f" can you battle friends?
    - Not directly, but it is possible to be in the same battle in different teams if you are both within the same infamy range (approximately +/- 500 from each other) and press the Battle button at the same time. But it's still not guaranteed that you would be placed to the same battle.

2e). Dose friend chat work or is that still broke too?
    - Right now it's working.

3a). Will global chat be fixed soon?
    - Hopefully, I'd say it's a good sign that friend chat already started working. But no official information here.

3b). Will it be more player friendly as it was a wreck (in the sense of a spam fest)?
    - Again no official information, but I guess it would be reasonable to do this now at the same time.

3c). Will there be a recent battle feature?
    - Developers never said anything about that, but who knows. If we, the players, send them feedback and suggestions for long enough, they could listen and add this feature. They have done the same thing before ;)

3d). Will there frequent battle changes e.g. nerfs and buffs in order to make players test different set ups?
    - Can't tell about the future, but in the past there has been numerous nerfs and buffs in order to balance the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue this in the future. But the changes are usually done to balance the game, not to make players test different set ups.

4a). When you upgrade to Mk2 why dose basically every stat decrease (apart from health)?
    - Not exactly sure about the logic behind this, but there are many crew talents (and items) that should cover the difference later.

4b). Good boat set ups. Your personal favourites?
    - Speeder is my favourite boat and my current Mk5 speeder set up is Epic Sniper Cannon (IV), Epic Railgun (IV), Rare Tesla Bolt (IV), Epic Frost Blaster (III), Rare Overboost (III), Epic Bandage (III) and Rare Big Shield (IV). This gives my ship the following attributes: Health 4435, Defence 5, Speed 1.13, Ship Agility 40.2°, Turret Agility 28.9°. It has worked well for me for the last 4 months or so. Sadly I can't tell much about other set ups, but you can always check this thread for more information: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/whats-your-favourite-setup.99/

4c). Kinda like "4b" Good weapons to use / level up?
    - Any weapon can be good if used well, I suggest you try everything and find your personal favourites that match your playing style.

4d). Any real difference in part scrapping ? e.g. Sniper yields more scrap then a cannon
    -
    I think this has been answered above already. But yes, there is no difference between different items, only the level and rarity of the item affect the outcome. On average, all items give the same amount of parts, but there is a certain random factor included in the process so the scrapping outcome is not always the same.

4e). Similar to "4d" best ways to obtain scrap e.g. from the shop or actually scrapping parts?
    -
    I assume you mean the best ways to obtain parts (the items used in levelling)? Well, there is only two ways to get them anyway, you can buy them directly from the shop, or then you can scrap your unwanted items to get them. Doesn't really matter how you do it. I sometimes buy parts from the shop if I happen to have enough gold, but usually item pieces and/or perks are higher priority for me.

4f). Best items to use and level up ? e.g. shields over turbo?
    -
    Again, any item can be good, it depends heavily on your playing style. Try everything and find your own favourites.

4g). Best crew members to train up first ? e.g. Who offers the most to benefit your boat?
    -
    Depends on the items you use; each crew member have their "own" items that they have talents for. For example, if you like to use torpedos, then you better train up Sinklair. Or if you are shooter that uses many mortars, then train Mortimer. Brock is always beneficial for ship hitpoints whether you have shields or not, and Swift is good for speed.

4h). What does retraining do and is it worth it?
    -
    It just lets you change your mind on talents in cases where there are two options. For example, Bhurt has lvl 3 talent where you can choose between 10 % damage boost for all cannons or +50 hitpoints to all ships. If you first use cannons you might want to pick the cannon damage boost, but if you later switch into different weapons, then you might need the extra hitpoints more. Then you can retrain this talent so that it better matches your current needs. It is absolutely worth it, as long as there are some obvious benefits you get from it.

4i). Best way to obtain sugar (as I found this to be the thing I run out of the most)?
    - You can only get sugar from battles and quests. Quests can definitely be a fast way to get it, since battle rewards can be quite low sometimes. Remember that you can always re-roll quests once if you first get a gold rewarded quest. Re-rolling might change it into sugar.

REACHED THE CHARACTER LIMIT, WILL CONTINUE IN NEXT POST [1/2]

KURNI and Tommy1UP like this.
  19. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

5a). Can you change camera sensitivity?
    - Checked the in-game options and looks like you cannot.

5b). Most helpful tips when in a battle?
    -
    Well, eh... Just sink them all and you will win! No seriously, just few main things come into my mind; teams should try to concentrate their fire on a single target, especially if there are fixers on the enemy team. The first kill is extremely important because it's very hard to catch up 4 vs 5 after that. Also if you haven't noticed already, it is important to lead your shots against fast moving targets. Read more: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/i-just-learned-how-to-shoot-a-speeder.173/

5c). Battle tactics - Play defensive and play for picks or team rush and chase kills?
    - Your personal tactics depend on your playing style and ship class. Of course everything you do should still somehow support your team.

5d). Will my team mates get better as I progress through my season rank as right now they are trash? (and they are not longer bots as they lose points)
    - Trust me, once you reach a little higher infamy (Ace- or Nightmare league) your team mates will get much better (and so will the enemy). No bots and hardly any afk there.

5e). Do you think matchmaking needs to be changed or adjusted at certain leagues e.g. Skill/Power based system?
    -
    From my perspective the matchmaking works well as it is now. I wouldn't change anything.

5f). Last few relating to the battle system is the "point range" dose this range increase and decrease as you progress?
    - Do you mean the +/- 24 infamy you get from winning or losing? It always stays the same as you progress.

5g). Do you think there should be a wider point range? (That way it's more forgiving for the lower players and beneficial for high players)
    - Actually there used to be a system that higher infamy teammates gained or lost more infamy than lower infamy teammates (for example, high infamy player could gain +24 infamy while a low infamy player in the same winning team would only gain +11 or something). However, this was changed because people were complaining that it was unfair for lower infamy players who could perform well, even better than a high infamy player, and still gain less infamy.

5h). If you lose however you still perform well should you still lose -24?
    - Yes I think so. Obviously you didn't perform well enough if you couldn't prevent your team from losing ;)

6a). What do power cells do are they useful?
    -
    They are required to complete item evolution steps after you have maxed the level for certain tier. This is why they are very useful and important for your progress.

6b). Are Parts helpful are they worth keeping?
    - Parts are always needed to level up your items. So yes, they are very helpful and absolutely worth keeping (obviously you really can't even get rid of them in any other way).

6c). Carry on - if parts are worth keeping how long roughly does it take to get 10?
    - It depends on what rarity parts we are talking about. 10 legendary parts can take weeks (if not months) to get, while hundreds of common parts can be acquired in less than a minute. However, I have a feeling that you might have actually meant Item Pieces instead of parts with this question; if so, yes item pieces are also very useful and worth keeping. Getting 10 rare item pieces can take something between one day to one week, and getting 10 epic item pieces can take something between one week to a month or even two. 10 legendary item pieces (if not purchased with real money from epic container) can take something between 3 months up to several years :D

6d). Quickest way to level up?
    -
    Buy all parts from the shop and eventually you will get things done.

6e). What are badges in game?
    -
    It is just a cosmetic feature that has no connection to anything else in the game, nor does it affect your battle strength in any way. If you would like to see all available badges and know the requirements for each of them, see this thread: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/captain-points.176/#post-1901

6f). Carry On - What do they do?
    -
    Same answer with 6e.

THE END [2/2] Huh, I thought this would never end :p

Last edited: 10 May 2017
    KURNI, Tommy1UP and Mr squiqqle like this.
  20. Tommy1UP

Tommy1UP Member

Oooo that seems interesting. Do you mind if you link me the thread ? Or tell me where to find it exactly. :D