1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I just learned how to shoot a speeder.

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Echo, 30 Apr 2017.

1. Echo

Echo New Member

Not really a strategy and some of you might have already known it but if if you manually move your targeting scope slightly to the direction your target is moving to then you can snipe even a speeder from afar!

Speeder players are usually carefree and be like "I'm moving this fast at this range your cannons are useless because you will never be able to hit me", except I can now. I have killed so many careless speeders (and other ships too) using this trick. Usually, there's a certain range beyond which you know by experience your bullet will have 0% chance of actually hitting a moving target. By taking the speed, distance, and direction of travel into account and making slight adjustment you makes the chance 50% or better even with a point-damage weapon like a cannon or sniper.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2017
    Oldmandragon and P0rthos like this.
  2. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Yup, it's called leading your shots, and it's a requirement to hit almost anything at distance. Nothing quite like leading a sniper shot and taking down a speeder running away at full speed in one hit. Get good at leading your shots, and you will be on your way to nightmare league. ;)

Mr squiqqle and Echo like this.
  3. Echo

Echo New Member

Yeah, it seems like such an obvious thing to do and I have always been doing it with mortars but haven't been confident enough with point-damage weapons until recently.

4. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Agree! You will find yourself using this strategy a lot later, especially when you are shooting a zooming speeder with a clumsy flare gun!
    Remember, try and aim forward depending on how quick are ships (aim the most forward for speeders, just shoot for *defenders)
    *Haha... Sorry P0rthos
    Still, don't ever blindly aim forward when you see moving ships. Notice the situation and what's going on, for example:
    An enforcer or speeder might move backwards when they realise they screwed up -- aim backwards for retreat direction
    Torpedoes or mines in front of a ship -- aim less forward or backwards depending on situation (catch em off guard when dodging)

5. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Gamers instinct xD

6. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

@Captain_Perry my defender goes 1.29 right now. You better lead your shots with me bro! I'm faster than a fat man in free donut day! :p

7. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Haha impressive speed @P0rthos! Really gotta try hard and aim for you... Sneaky defender :p

8. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

May I ask you pros if you have to change the way you lead shots with the direction of travel you're in? Say both of you are traveling parrallel to each other and in the same direction, leading shots would be per normal. However if both of you are parallel and traveling in opposite directions, would you have to extend/shorten your lead shots?