1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event CTF Round 2 - Info and Tips - Race to the Flag

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 2 Aug 2018.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Hey devs. When it's overtime it should turn into boosted ctf for that 1 minute. Just to spice things up

2. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

So what can non yellow boats do in this event? Just defend? I can imagine speeders on both sides rushing, ending the game in 30 seconds, so they had better make defending the flag (not just returning it) worth more coins, otherwise non yellows lose out a whole lot.

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Like x1000. I’m a yellow boat main, but I greatly prefer to defend the flag. I will be in the same boat as you with coin disparity.

4. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

Ok, the standard coin distribution is better, but I killed the flag carrier and returned the flag which resulted in us winning as we had their flag in our area yet I still finished bottom and only 7 voins like everyone that didn't attached the enemy flag carrier or return the flag. Still gotta grab the flag for max coins, OMG. I'm can't go yellow boat, so I can't get 10 coins in most matches, thanks Rovio for predetermining that I'll still get mediocre returns.

VantaBlack likes this.
  5. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Played a few matches, basically what I feared was true, only speeders can on both sides get to touch the enemy flag, everyone else has to defend. Whichever way the game ends, speeders always get the most coins. Bring back the unlimited flag captures, but reduce the match duration to 3 minutes, please. This event is literally biased to speeders!

Riddlerpaji and Stalie like this.
  6. Stalie

Stalie Member

Devs, I asked to reduce the minutes and the capture amount to 3 each. You only changed the 3 min, don't make this a yellow boat event. Allow other ships to be part of this event and make it to first team to capture 3 times wins :)

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

infamy.PNG

8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Definitely Speeder-biased so far. Hard not to make a speed-based event Speeder-biased though. Maybe a further reduction in flag carrier speed is necessary.

9. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Reducing time will not help. Most people will not paly this event. TBH.

10. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

It ain't that bad :)
    Sure, speed can be an advantage, but game ain't unplayable using other boats.
    IMG_8453.PNG
    I don't know if I'm having a lucky start, but my first two games were won by me capturing in a shooter.
    Besides, shooter has completely ruled some of the other events, It won't be fair every time. Balancing is a big job.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

2018-08-03 18.03.41.png

Just in case you missed it the first time ;)

12. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

13. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Speeder Bay

14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

15. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Rovio. You found a way to make last weeks poop-movie even more hostile to anything other than yellow boats and shooters. Loonies.

Last edited by a moderator: 6 Aug 2018
  16. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

/Gripe

I've been enjoying the events a lot, but am I the only one that keeps getting cheated in the Perk rewards? Seriously Rovio, how many time are you going to give me the mortar perk? So far I'm on 6 epic and 2 legendary. I have one lrm that I don't use. Now I have a nice shiny legendary rudder perk. You know, that item that NOBODY uses? I seriously have only received two perks that I can use regularly in all of the events thus far. And no, I'm not keeping rare and uncommon perks that don't out perform my epics. Certainly frustrating...

/End gripe.

17. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

E8D08607-5D3F-4541-82DA-20CF3245A39B.jpeg
    Ask @Nicolas if there’s anything worse than getting one leg rudder perk :)

18. LotharusMaximus

I wish I could like this post more than once.

19. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Last two weeks, two legendary perks. BOTH rudder perks. Seriously?
    I'd be happy with any of the other perks this week, but something tells me RNGesus has another Rudder perk in my future.

20. LotharusMaximus

Pretty lame man. This is a primo example of how 'RNG' isn't working properly. I used quotes because it doesn't seem random to me. The odds of getting the same thing over an over are nearly impossible. And yet, here it is happening. Seriously though, aren't you going to scrap those? How many rudders can you have? I have a legendary that collects dust.