1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Events, Events & More Events....

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Jamel H., 30 Nov 2018.

1. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Since the new ships were released, it's been non-stop events with only a few hours of regular match play. Do you even realize how different the game is during events? Do you realize that events weren't around when you grew your Battle Bay community? Now, the very aspects of the game that I once enjoyed are no longer available because it's one event after the other. Make all the freaking ships available through gold and let's move on. Rovio, you guys can screw up peanut butter sandwich I swear. I've noticed that some big time Battle Bay users have quit playing all together and if I notice then I'm sure..... nah nevermind because I doubt you guys even review this forum. One more event without a few days of regular matches and you will lose another dedicated daily player. It is absolutely stupid to think that you can avoid regular matches for so long. And moderators, don't be ridiculous and try to point out the fact that regular matches are still available. The regular matches always suck during events. Another event before Wednesday and I'll be uninstalling Battle Bay altogether. I've never seen something with so much potential be ruined due to greed and just down right stupid decisions.

2. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

These ship pieces have changed the game completely. Sure the Devs wanted to make extra money off the new premium ships. Why not just charge a large amount of gold or pearls to unlock them and then make their gold upgrade costs double what it costs to upgrade normal ships. This gives people a choice. Grind a TON of gold in regular infamy battles, or break out the credit card. At least grinding gold, you are guaranteed a certain result. Grinding ship pieces in non-stop events has become stale and basically works like a slot machine

If they had chosen the GOLD route, infamy battles would be packed with people grinding(which ranked battles are the backbone of the game). Reserve events for 2 or 3 days on weekends. Sure they could offer extra gold crates in the events, so that way people can upgrade their ships faster.

If somebody asked, what is the WORST possible way to debut new content in a mobile game that is going to alienate the player base and burn them out, our BatteBay team has found that answer.

3. Napolike1926

Napolike1926 Active Member

Guys you all should reply and like if agreed, or they will never read a not populated topic.
    Rovio, please really, reset weekend events and leave us rank in peace. If you won't fix these event's rewards, at least put it just during the weekends :/

4. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

You're absolutely right. I did another thread that got way more attention than I expected. Now I know I am not the only one that's disappointed with these stupid events. Here's the other thread....

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/another-event-this-is-getting-old-fast.23452/

Last edited: 1 Dec 2018
  5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

6. MiracleMax

MiracleMax Member

I wish these stupid events just end, but they never end. This game is dead!!!!

Jamel H. likes this.
  7. envylife

I like the events, usually more than ranked matches. What I don't like the way they are implemented, with near worthless rewards for the effort AND conflicts with the concept of Infamy, which needs constant input from the the entire player base.

It's the common gripe by players with Battle Bay product management... we love the content they are introducing, but the way they are rolling it out is bad for the health of the game.

8. liveinGod

liveinGod New Member

I Love the events... Most ctf. They bring a lot of variety and you have the chance to get bonuses or ship parts. I can understand you too. but I think you are the exception. even if there are several threads. most complain about it but the events are visited diligently.

9. envylife

No one disagrees with this....everyone likes events and everyone plays them significantly more than ranked matches. There is, however, adverse side effects to continuous events as I explained here https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/please-stop-the-events-already.23512/page-3#post-190521

Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    What sort of events do we have?

TDM
    CTF
    1V1
    2V2
    TDM X4 (with item/ship boost)

We need more variety. Like FFA. 10 ships, no team, winner gets 10 coins, 2nd gets 9 and so on. Floaters won't be a problem because they actually help you to win. It probaly won't take that long to code. (3-6 months.)

That suggestion was a bit offtopic but having a wider variety will naturally space out the events.

Skirra08 and Sidd gamer like this.