1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Event.... This Is Getting Old Fast!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jamel H., 26 Nov 2018.

1. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

What the hell happened to Battle Bay? Every other day marks the start of a new event. This is not the game that everyone fell for. It's absolutely stupid to change the game all because you want to be stingy with ship pieces. If I see some of your major players leaving the game, I'm sure you do too. For the umpteenth time.... Great game but extremely terrible management.

2. Rishi6793

Rishi6793 New Member

I don't what's happening in the game but after reading this one .. sure it's not going well I guess
    I left the game the game after serious play of 7 month... It's been a month now.. and never got feeling of returning Yet looks like it won't come for a long I was level 40 (battle 5800) 2444 infamy .... ....

Sidd gamer and Jamel H. like this.
  3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

If you step back and look at it the developers are actually giving us what we asked for. They just did it in a manner we weren't expecting.

The community asked for ship pieces to have higher availability. That's exactly what we got with continuous events. Now you can log on anytime of day, play a couple event battles an get some pieces. Why they did it like this instead of using one of the more practical suggestions from the community we will never know lol.

4. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

True. 80% of the events are damn boring to play, big reward is impossible to get without playing whole 4 or 5 hours a day and ranked matches have an estimated wait time of over 30 seconds... they're definitely killing the game because of a bad choice introducing the new ships.

Why don't they put ship pieces in star boxes and increase star limit per day?? It's such an obvious solution without affecting their stinginess. Events 24/7 suck because the playerbase is low and because buffing a different weapon in the same 3 rotating events doesn't make them interesting at all.

Brawl Stars is coming global in December and i'm sure Battle Bay will be seriously injured if devs don't make several good decisions. BB is a great game and I love it but I sincerely can't see how we could manage to survive next year.

RACK STAR, Reorge, Sidd gamer and 6 others like this.
  5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Same as always, skewing everything into that which was never asked for. There's entire threads devoted to players asking for improvements, and 99% of them are ignored. More Events doesn't reduce the hundreds of hours of grinding it takes to level up a ship. Now that ship pieces are split amongst two ships, it's 2x as much grinding. RIP.

6. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Exactly!

7. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

ranked matches are crap now. everybody's mind-set is respawn.

all brawns and no brain

goodluck with the climb

Last edited: 27 Nov 2018
  8. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Newer events would be nice.

9. Fixer sa Recto

fixes to old issues would be better

10. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    You're right. Most of these bugs are the Devs rushing to get thr update out.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Here is a screen grab from the Reaper Teaser:
    8E86FDBC-C79E-4055-84D4-9D749161C0E9.jpeg

What a joke! It’s now a month since release, and I still don’t have my Reaper. Even when I do unlock it, it won’t be playable for about a year. So much for ‘new’ content.

The new ships should have been used to market and rejuvenate interest in the game, get old players interested again, give current players something new to think about. Instead, they just ended up being a BS cash grab, that reminded everyone exactly why they’re better off playing something else.

It is such a shame, this is a great game, great idea, beautiful style and artwork, so much potential... the only thing that’s missing is a dev team who are willing to make progress actually be fun.

RACK STAR, Jamel H., Elyport and 16 others like this.
  12. Fixer sa Recto

Amen

13. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I rather like the idea of regularly having a different game mode to chose from

Jamel H. likes this.
  14. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Wish they would tell us what the goal is here..

15. SWAT0013

SWAT0013 Member

Maybe it is just my feeling, but right now I would say it is to try to milk some money while they still can...

What's Up Player likes this.
  16. Fixer sa Recto

they can just make the legendary items and duplicates for sale..

easy $$

17. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

Also the harsh expectations of gathering 900 coins to get a legendary perk is putting of the players.
    I'd actually play more if I could obtain a legendary perk, for lets say 500/600 coins ... or I had something to look forward to in terms of a guaranteed reward like they did with the every 10th box thing. But right now there's poor balance with the amount of effort you're putting in and the reward.

I say this because I went for 900 coins in the last event, I got a nice perk but I was really underwhelmed after all that grinding. There was no excitement from the boxes. After that 10-12 hours of grinding I've hardly played since, once you realise that grinding for coins doesn't give much reward you'll value your time more.

18. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

I guess the goal is to get players back on the bay and increase daily game time but it's a failing strategy in my opinion.

It's just that they've given players a huge rush of excitement with the old set-up where lots of game time meant lots of reward, you could really see the impact of the reward system in your inventory and it kinda felt good that the grind was producing some serious returns. You could rollover coins which gave players more incentive to grind cos if you didn't hit the 900 reward one event, you could do it the next, but within that journey to 900 coin reward you had that chance to obtain powerful perks and legendary pieces.

Now you actually have less incentive to grind cos if you can't see yourself reaching 900, you just give, and the journey is less exciting with only being able to obtain ship pieces. The perk box is clearly a joke!

19. SWAT0013

SWAT0013 Member

If their goal was to make players return / play more, they are failing miserably...

I used to play quite a lot but now I play pretty much just to finish quests. Ships are really expensive (finally got Interceptor yesterday, but did I feel any excitement? No as I had unlocked level 1 ship, that is totally unusable without weakening your team, and it will literally only take me eternity to get it to some useful level...), perks suck and you cannot even roll over coins in order to get one legendary perk from more consecutive events because reasons?...

Half of me really hopes devs will finally announce that the game is closing, half of me hopes they will realise what is wrong and make it better as it was previously - but honestly I am not sure what option I would prefer more at this moment...

20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Exactly this. Neither ranked matches or Events provide anything of value at this point.

Jamel H. likes this.