1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Competition Design the next game event!

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by The Grim Repair, 28 Feb 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Well, when this competition ends, I will share my other event ideas ;)

Nicolas likes this.
  2. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    Name: Kheers and tag is #SHTMJQKG.
    The goal of this gamemode will require a bit of extra work but I think it will be extremely enjoyable and relaxing. The goal of this gamemode is the team with the most overall damage/healing wins. Another way to win is by capturing. Anyways, it will be very important to maintain a stable equilibrium and maintain formation so as not to lose damage output for even a second or two. Or just go crazy and blow everything up. NOTE: Destroying the enemy team does not necessarily mean winning. If the enemy team is destroyed 5-0, they can still win if they have more damage or healing. This will also place pressure on staying close to your fixer so they can contribute.
    • Basic game mode (choose 1)
      • Team Elimination
    • Allow fleeting? (yes/no)
    • Team size 4
    • Kill limit- 5, destroying the entire other team and ending the game.
    • Time limit- 5:00
    • Capture area? (yes)
      • If yes:
        • Reset capture on damage? (yes)
        • Max capturers (5)
    • Global Effects
    • +500% health to all ships
    • All weapon damage is increased by 100%. For mines, only 50%.
    • Allow progress on
      • Daily Quests Yes
      • Guild Quests Yes
      • Achievements (no, reason being insane damage will be cranked out in this event.)
      • Infamy (no)
    • Maps
      • Every single big map that you'd find normally. No beginner maps.
    • Resource rewards
      • Gold (yes)
        • Multiplier (same as your league)
      • Sugar (yes)
        • Multiplier (same as your league)

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

... And week OVER!

Nikkie! and Alpakaa like this.
  4. Djradnad

Nah we still have over 18hrs to go!

Clearly I’m very anxious to know which submission wins :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Honestly, most suggestions are extreme and too demanding..
    Usually when no one reach the minimum requirements..
    I'm a little bit negative.. Just to make competitors nervous

Djradnad likes this.
  6. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    You mean until results are in?

(Note to people replying below this if you didn't see upper notice: contest is OVER)

7. Subbie the Blaster

Subbie the Blaster Well-Known Member

Fixing all day all idiots
    Well just make something I can get reaper parts with lol

8. Djradnad

The OP said they would choose after 7days.. and that was posted Thursday at 3:51 (my time).. Anyways it’s still not that time yet this week.. 13hrs from now it will have been 7full days.

9. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

• Basic game mode:
      • Team Deathmatch
    • Allow fleeting? Yes
    • Team size: 4
    • Respawn:
      • Respawn time: 5 seconds
      • Respawn Speedboost time: 5 seconds
      • Respawn Invulnerability time: 3 seconds
    • Kill limit: 8
    • Time limit: 3 minutes
    • Capture area? Yes
      • If yes:
        • Reset capture on damage? No
        • Max capturers: 1
    • Global Effects
      • As follows
        • [Rotating] +50% damage/effectiveness to Two Items
        • [Rotating] +2500 HPs to One Ship Category: Red (shooter, interceptor), Yellow (speeder, interceptor), Green (fixer, guardian), or Blue (defender, guardian)
        • [All] Player items still on the water expire upon that user's respawn (mines, napalm, repair plasma, repair boxes, etc.)
        • [All] 1 second global cooldown
    • Allow progress on
      • Daily Quests: Yes
      • Guild Quests: Yes
      • Achievements: Yes
      • Infamy: No
    • Maps
      • Only Small Maps
    • Resource rewards
      • Gold: Yes
        • 3x Multiplier
      • Sugar: yes
        • 1x Multiplier

Why?
    I honestly appreciate the thought and effort behind this thread .. and think several of the ideas would be fun formats. But, it's important to use your limited resources wisely at this stage in the game.

1) Player Retention
    • Events that require 10+ hours of grinding for the small chance of one useful event perk has burned players out - and will continue to do so.
    • The format above should keep matches shorter (and coins earned per minute at a reasonable rate).
    2) Excitement
    • Most others have made suggestions that would be fun .. for a few dozen matches.
    • But .. no format is still going to be exciting after grinding it for 10+ hours in a 48 hour period (for the small possibility of earning one useful perk).
    • So .. why spend a significant amount of time coding something new when it could have the inverse effect on retaining daily active users long-term?

Leg Perk.png
    *"Home Screen to Home Screen" meaning the time it takes to enter the queue, find a match, load the map, sit through the match start countdown, play the match, exit the match, and reload the home screen ... In other words, add about 30-45 seconds to each match*
    *Calcs assuming a 6 coin average per match*

Obviously, they could adjust the coin rewards based on each event's match duration, reduce the price of perk boxes, or add a "next" button, but it's important to keep match duration as low as possible otherwise (to avoid burning players out).

3) Damage Multiplier
    • The current 30% CD reduction isn't much of an incentive to use those items.
    • A +50% increase should be more of an incentive.
    • This would also allow players with lower level items to use those items competitively.
    4) Gold Multiplier
    • The current gold rewards are about 3-5 times too low .. but I'll explain the reasons why in another thread.

If I were to invest limited resources in coding something new ...
    1) I would focus on a creating a tournament standard (i.e., every player has access to the same ship and item levels with pre-loaded perks).

This standard could be used for certain events, for custom matches, or even 1-day tournaments where everyone starts with 0 infamy and prizes are handed out based on tournament ranking.
    • It would give players that are frustrated with item level disparities an outlet as well as keeping them interested in the game.
    • It would give developers better data on what's OP and what's underpowered - since players would have access to every item.
    • It would be a boost for streamers (assuming they had the ability to create tournaments) and possibly bring in new players.

2) Or, I would create a "flex ship" (i.e., a ship with set stats and all flex slots).
    • This would create a greater level of variety.
    • It would allow players to equip any combination of the items they've built to one ship.
    • It would be an interesting twist for events.

3) Or, I would do both.
    • A flex ship with a tournament standard for item/perks would be a true test of skill.

10. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Thank you everyone for submitting your design ideas - super excited to see who will win!!!
    Closing this thread now for submissions. :)
    We will announce a winner by Monday 11th! Remember to give some time until we can actually implement the idea.

Big thanks again to our creative captains! :D

11. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

NathanaelK, Djradnad, Alpakaa and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.