1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be more chances for Interceptor ship pieces?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheRadKnight1, 19 Oct 2018.

1. TheRadKnight1

TheRadKnight1 New Member

This is the first event to ever unlock new ships.. If I only get 500 pieces this week will there be more opportunities to get more? Will there be similar events that let you get interceptor pieces? Or is this a one shot kinda deal where we only get this week to get the Interceptor? Thanks for reading my thoughts!

Regards,
    TheRadKnight

2. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Quite certain there will be more opportunities, they said in the video that there may be other ships coming in the future also, so shipcoins and ship pieces are bound to keep coming our way. Keep in mind though that the shipcoins expire at the end of the week and the events are always subject to change so they may become harder or easier to get, I think the ship pieces are permanent though

3. TheRadKnight1

TheRadKnight1 New Member

Thanks for the advice and info! Much appreciated!

Regards,
    TheRadKnight

4. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    The fact that the ship pieces expire means we're screwed.

5. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

Ship pieces don’t expire ship coins do. So that means you have to pull the coins you earn by the end of the event.
    On a side note the fact that you need so many coins to get the new ship is a little crazy. In order to get 2000 coins you need to earn over 333 a day. If you average 5 coins a match that’s 66 matches a day. That is s lot of battles for a week to try and unlock the new ship. It’s like here is a new toy but we are not going to let you play with your toy.

Reorge, k406k, RACK STAR and 8 others like this.
  6. TheRadKnight1

TheRadKnight1 New Member

Yeah this is why I asked because I don’t want to waste my week for this toy if it’s not even worth the hours/time.. just make there more chances for us to earn our toy ;):p

Regards,
    TheRadKnight

RACK STAR likes this.
  7. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

I hope they also add other ways to gain ship pieces. I HATE the events. In fact, forced to be playing these events absolutely ruined the otherwise good update for me.

Carnistix likes this.
  8. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I'm slightly disappointed that they went with a CTF event for this one, as are quite a few other players I've spoken too... Fingers crossed that the next event is either deathmatch or 2v2/3v3

RACK STAR, Carnistix, JoshW and 3 others like this.
  9. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I've a feeling they chose it as I think it's a good event for interceptor

FirnenAhead and Aether_Zero like this.
  10. Aether_Zero

Maybe so, but does anyone actually have the Interceptor yet? I mean, yeah sure it may be the best event for that boat, but not everyone is gonna stump up the £50 to buy the ship straight away

11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

seen a level 42 one already :D

JoshW, benguin8, Aether_Zero and 2 others like this.
  12. Aether_Zero

Yikes. Hate to wonder how much that cost in real cash.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  13. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Saw 2 guys playing today both around lvl124-26

Aether_Zero likes this.
  14. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

You reminds me of someone.... o_O... Nevermind....

TheRadKnight1 likes this.
  15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The reward in the event is the Interceptor... designing an event that favors the end reward *during* the event is contradictory at best. They learned nothing from the failed Gatling Gun Event.

Reorge, RACK STAR, Carnistix and 4 others like this.
  16. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I have guild mates who haven't spent a penny, but have played hard and already have one. And they're loving the new ship now they have it. They're telling the rest of the guild how good it is .
    Now imagine that instead that we got an event which doesn't favour Interceptor. Players initially graft hard to get ship, but it's results are terrible. They tell the guild that the new ship's not much good, and the rest of the guild gives up on event and write new ship off as weak. The new ship is dead before it's given a chance. Does that sound preferable to you?

17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The scenario you mention would happen regardless of an Event... the first people who use it would talk about how much they like it and we would take those opinions with a grain of salt.

That would be better handled by holding an Interceptor event where everyone gets to try one out rather than listening to someone else's opinion that you may or may not trust.

The other problem with this event design is the 1000 HP buff isn't a true representation of the boat's capability, so the feedback from playing it in the event is skewed from reality, and being a lower level ship it's also not quite ready for ranked matchmaking.

That being said I did see a lower level Interceptor in ranked matches with mixed results... one match he died early, the other he was there at the end with me. To be clear everything points towards positivity about the boat design itself, and I don't even think that was ever at question. My only concern is how to upgrade it...how many pieces required to get it to L50? Where do we get them post-event?

18. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Since coins don't carry over I really hope that our progress towards the Gold Box does.
    2000 in a week would be fine if everyone could play normally. All the bugs and issues from the update are leaving a lot of us behind.

19. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

It's different than the Gatling Gun event. In this event you can directly purchase the ship with the currency awarded in the event. It's actually the same system rovio uses in Angry Birds Evolution and it is just fine. It's not bad that P2W players feel the rush and pay for the ship, the game needs more money to keep working... it benefits F2P as well

Sidd gamer likes this.
  20. Kaletheshavage

Kaletheshavage Member

Thank god its CTF and not deathmatch. In CTF just grind coins by going speeder. Ive averaged 7-10 coins for a lot of my games and deathmatch depends on teammates more than CTF does.

NeptuneGaming likes this.