1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

wildfire perk

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kurd1stan., 29 Jul 2018.

1. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Just some facts.

event Perks are meant to be very powerful, but also wildfire has max chance of 20% wheras the grenade fire has up to 88%chance.

The 3.5radius on BT is definitely nice though compared to the 2.2radius on my grenade ;)

2. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    I notice that you just ran straight into a wall there. Well done!:D

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I need to look for my replay. But I'm convinced now lol. I don't think it's OP tho

4. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

yeah i know
    and you are comparing 1 perk to a n entire talent and 4 epic perks of grenade

and iam not saying that it is OP generally or compared to other event perks ,iam saying it doesn't make sense that it burn a player with full of its damage no matter how far he is inside its radius , so like i said why? because it is not what normally happens .

FirnenAhead and What's Up Player like this.
  5. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

The best cases for it are the cases when an enemy doesn't die from torpedo shot, but burns to death in a few seconds =)
    Because it doesn't matter which weapon you use, but when enemy survives your shot with 100-300 hp, it is real annoying. And sometimes can cost you life also. So I'm actually happy with that perk =)

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  6. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

100% agree.

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  7. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

It must be a bug. Altough the perk is already OP if it worked the way it's supposed to work :confused:

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  8. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    Hey! For me, it's a necessity for when I'm serving hot and ready torpedo sandwiches!

ShipCrusherCz and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  9. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

I went on to capture from there , and we won 1 -0 lol. And I got 10 coins in the end. That torp hit helped me to destroy the enemy carrying the flag and aslo inturn helping me to capture. Lol:D:cool:

Da Carronade King and Kurd1stan. like this.
  10. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna add to the salt mound...
    Screenshot_2018-07-27-08-51-59.png
    Boom!
    Y'all in trouble now...

11. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

I have 2 legendary and 1 epic wild fire perk. Lol:p

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  12. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Then that makes 2 of us!
    tumblr_m5jonjf9J51r325xuo1_500.gif

13. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

At this point, anyone who joins us will probably be Meowth...

14. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Torps deserve this improvement. Without wildfire perk torps can do dmg similar to explosive cannon. In addition, torps are so hard to aim, and they have a slow projectile which is so easy to avoid (specially if ur a yellow or a pro).
    It's kinda weird that a cannon and a torp have similar dps. Rovio already nerfed explosive cannon, but it's still so op.
    Torps improvement was expected.
    I totally agree that wildfire perk is op, but it's a deserved improvement.

We should talk about useless event perks:
    Chill cannon perk is so useless. It doesn't give any extra frost torp dmg or frost mortar dmg. It just annoy ur enemy which is not much helpful in Battle. This perk deserves improvement: add extra frost dmg to it, or make it more powerful (longer duration or stronger frost)

maybe we should talk about dbl bubbles and extra cannon fire dmg which are soo op.
    btw I have three legendary wildfire perks.

Kurd1stan. and What's Up Player like this.
  15. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Man, a big torp doesn't deal same damage with an explosive cannon. An epic t5 big torp can deal over 3k damage and with wildfire perk(+%40) its damage is very very high. Almost 4,5k damage! That is so much damage. Of course wildfire perks is OP without a doubt. Torps doesn't deserved to be OP. They was already popular weapons.

16. Kurd1stan.

It is 50% , 10% for 5s

Hokuse likes this.
  17. Kurd1stan.

Iam not saying it is OP or it isnt iam just saying it should deal 10% of the damage it dealt for 5s

And don't forget that exc is a 2 slot item;)

Last edited: 30 Jul 2018
    ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  18. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

yes, it's "still so op", but it's one of the few weps that can break tesshields, others are flare, railgun and big berta (with direct hit) and maybe t5L std mortar with full training and damage perks (against t5E or weaker tesshield)
    so imo nerfing ex cannom is not good idea, at least untill something is done with the double bubble BS, single tesshields are not that big problem, but double bubble are op
    torps have huge damage and can easily destroy whole team in just one shot (only in case that the whole team is in radius of big torp's explosion and they have low enough hp), they would be better with slight buff, but it's meant to be high risk-high rewards weapon, that's imo the current state, you can (ofc with some skill) land devastating torp shots on your enemies but many players use torps for spamming, so buffing damage of torps is not that good idea, because it would make spamming even worse problem
    chill cannon perk is imo not useless, it may change the outcome of the battle, because it's easier to hit slower target, it's also good counter to speeders/enforcers which are easy to kill, when slowed down

19. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    .... Ok lol.

20. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

No torps aren't much popular in high levels.
    A minority of ppl use torps (above 4500+ infamy) because it's useless against all yellows (most of 4500+ infamy are yellow users)
    It deserves this improvement simply because in my level it's normal to get hitted by a 3000+ dmg explosive cannon. Torps are much more hard to aim so they should have higher dmg
    Chill cannon is useless.
    Reason: If u frosted someone with a chill cannon
    Frost duration = 5 seconds
    – 2.5 seconds global cooldown
    – 0.5 seconds aiming
    – projectile duration
    < 1.0 seconds

If ur projectile is so slow torps/mortars it's totally useless
    If ur projectile has medium speed explosive cannon/blast cannon/grenade u will probably miss the frost duration, u will hit the target. Wait, tesla shield is up u won't hit the target. It's useless against yellows useful against all other ships.
    If ur projectile is fast sniper/rail gun/std cannon, u will probably hit the target. (unless ur a noob, and u will miss that easy shot) anyway u will probably end up hitting a tesla shield. It's somehow useless against yellows and useful against all other ships.

Just make sure the use the right weapon.
    Don't miss that easy shot "noob".

It's useless specially because it doesn't give any extra frost dmg. (Maybe it should slow down enemy turret for 5 seconds too)

btw ur not allowed to eat more torps today, and don't share torps with ur teammates.
    stay safe, avoid torps, dodge that incoming op blast, and follow ur teammates.

• WarHawk •