1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the f*%# do I run straight into the enemy?!

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by SteelGeneral, 22 May 2017.

1. SteelGeneral

SteelGeneral New Member

First off, I only do this under specific circumstances, but there is a method to my madness, and if you've been on either side, you know it works!
    When my Defender is buffed up w weapons totaling 1100 points of damage per volley, and I'm running 4800 hitpoints, I'll occasionally drive through the enemy fleet and get them to hammer on me. This only works if my fleet is behind me, and ready for the move.
    I run through, enemy fleet attacks, I do serious damage, usually kill 1. Then I die.
    What I see next is 4 fleetmates, facing the backside of the enemy, whom they proceed to slaughter.
    When I did this the first time, it was on impulse, and it worked.
    Then it worked 6 more times in a row.

The key things are:
    1. You have to be tough enough to get the whole fleet to focus on you, and turn their backs to your whole fleet. If you're in a speeder, don't try it!
    2. Your fleet has to cooperate. If they just stand around watching you, saying 'what a dumbshit' until you die, then run and hide, then it's a complete waste.
    Read your fleet on start, and make your best judgement.
    Usually, you should pass on this tactic, but once in a while it's the perfect tactic.

2. Xilly

Xilly Member

I like to do this too. Although I am still a bit low level, the idea of going in first drawing all the shots on you and tanking it for a moment while your teamates focus fire on the enemy is awesome. Sadly it doesn't work every time since not everyone know whats happening. I wish there was a better way to communicate so that we can use some good strategies instead of just spamming together together together :p

SteelGeneral likes this.
  3. SteelGeneral

SteelGeneral New Member

Exactly.

4. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

exactly same tactics but problem is some shooters were fuk!n afraid to charge in

i remember have another defender on a team do this and its a quick battle shooters popping enemies afar while 2 defenders hammer their formation and keeping them busy

5. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Battle Bay Bullies - Offensive Coordinator
    I love and do the exact same MO. I wound or take out as many as I can or if there is a fixer, just solely annihilate Him or Her.
    This helps, lol
    [​IMG]

6. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I often see defenders do this though when their fleet is not in position to support...as you know theire is a difference betweeen tanking and going kamikaze. I like the suggestion to read your team first...but pay attention to the map and positioning as well. Don't just charge because you see 5 enemies in front of you.

7. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

^ yeah sh!t happens men i also encounter that the 5 enemy ships were all together camping together wtf @ the very beginning of the game

8. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

The short answer is "retardation" is why the noobs rush in and die for some quick damage. Imagine how much more dmg youd do if you werent dead after your first volley. Corpses dont need cooldowns.