1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the drop always happened after upgrading Mk ship?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by V__, 26 Aug 2018.

1. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Not just me but many i believe have experience this, you upgrade to another Mk ship, stronger, better but still losing much more. I have this at Mk5,6 and now 7.

[​IMG]
    I could easily get to 4500 at season end, now a single win is just out of reach. I still played the same way, only different is the Ship’s Mk.​

And i also found out that, i met the peeps who are losing much frequent than before the upgrade. Seems like the game put you on those losing-streak-like-buddy after you upgrade. That’s make you lose even more. It is not like im at 5 or 6K so the pool is small, im at 4k and on my team most of the time are losing buddy. Any explain?

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That's odd, considering you upgraded from mk6 to mk7, because there's absolutely no difference other than stats between the two. Maybe because you're running fixer? It's a rather team dependent ship.

I upgraded speeder to mk6 first, and I have to say, I really bumped up in infamy, that "guaranteed drop" I'd feared did not happen to me.
    It is, however, my opinion that the mk5-mk6 upgrade lowers one's infamy because of the time that's needed to adapt to the new loadout you have to use at that point. About mk7 I have no idea, however.

I think mk7 is what people should check for this "guaranteed drop" theory, since nearly nothing changes for the worse from mk6 to mk7.

V__ likes this.
  3. Peasant ignore me

Peasant ignore me New Member

start winning
    Stop complaning

Shooter~McGavin likes this.
  4. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Bro when u upgrade ur ship, ur gear score becomes higher/ ur ship is more powerful. This will affect matching. In other words, u will get matched with new opponents who has higher gear score/higher ship level/...
    More powerful opponents mean harder matches which ur not used to. u will keep dropping infamy until u get used to ur new ships/ new opponents....

xBonk and Mr. Joseph like this.
  5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The original poster expressed their opinion in a reasonable manner .
    Telling them to stop complaining is not respectful . Please do not repeat this behaviour.

XQT, GGodHand, Fish and 6 others like this.
  6. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Ur too strict

7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

But matchmaking changes for them. A mk4 at 1500 will have fairer matches than a mk7 at 1500 and potencially win more than the mk7. That is why there are so many mk6s and 7s under 2000 infamy.

8. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

But i thought regular infamy match making is still the same? I still in the same boat, same skill and even some same mates i played with before. The problem is they are on their losing streak, most of my team. Im not getting the winning mates, like the unfriends that won, i didnt get match with them but still with the same dudes on my losing team.

Lol, asked the guild, im not the only one, same thing happened when i got my Mk6 long b4, maybe it will take me a few weeks so i can get to my normal infamy. Wanna fleet for some game? I can be your personal fixer for cheap lol.

9. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    This happened to me when I upgraded to mk 6 as well.
    Also, why do you use reload perks on healing items? Are they better than heal boost perk? Just asking, thanks :)

V__ likes this.
  10. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

I dont have the other one lol, if i had them i would use them for sure

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  11. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Yeah they're hard to come by :(

12. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

I got 10 epic healing boost perks,u need some?

13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Incorrect. Ranked Matchmaker(tm) is largely based on Infamy, while EventMatchmaker(tm) is largely based on Gear Score.

In other words, normal Ranked matches should never include Gear Score in its component, or else the concept of Infamy is tainted as a skill rating system.
    Unfortunately Ranked Matchmaker(tm) does use MK level (amongst countless other inputs) that taint the purity of Infamy as a measure of relative effectiveness.

Conclusion: Infamy doesn't mean what everyone thinks it does. Rovio will not disclose to players what the inputs are, which is contrary to the spirit of well established skill rating systems like Elo and Glicko.

14. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

I dropped to 3k8 lol, after like 6 month in NML, this is the 1st time i have dropped below 4k, coincidence? i think not.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  15. Peasant ignore me

Peasant ignore me New Member

I also expressed my opinion in reasonable manner

16. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

I'm fine with whatever you said, how about give me your IGN and help me get some win?

17. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Took my Enfo to Mk6 a couple of weeks ago now... Within days, I'd hit a new personal highest infamy.. I think it's more to do with adapting to the new layout and stats, and making sure all items are levelled enough to fill the slots.

18. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The process pre-game is made up of two processes.
    The first process selects who is in the match. I believe this is purely based upon infamy.
    The second process tries to balance the teams. This mainly is based upon infamy but also uses ship level and other factors (it used to be purely infamy, but players complained when the number of each ship mark on each team was not close to even -personally I would not have these other balancing factors and would prefer that it was purely based upon infamy only).
    So increasing ship level does not affect which ships are in your match, but it does affect which team you end up upon.
    So when you increase your ship level, you gain some extra hp (and some other stats if it’s mk6 to mk7) but do suffer slightly in the balancing process.
    I think that this is part of the reason why some players lose infamy upon upgrading their ship.

I’d advise any player upgrading their ship play slightly more conservatively after upgrading their ship for a short period of time to avoid any negative experiences.

19. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

This bit is truly great advice!
    I mean, yeah I've got a shiny new mk6- I'm gonna wreck so many fools!... 5 games later... Wtf!?! Why did I lose?!
    Because you went Rambo.
    More health does not make you a God all of a sudden. The trade offs are sketchy!

20. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Fixer cant go rambo mode lol, as i told before, i still played the same way, the only thing changed was MM, i got matched with the losing guys. Not saying they r bad or anything, they r respectfully player with good skill and equipments, just on their bad day and they dragged me and the team down. I'm coming back now, so dumb that i didn't even realize that i can fleet to change things abit, duh, all good now. Thanks for all the info, specially YerJokin, very informative, thanks alot.