1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why so many AI bots???

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by HungryMan, 5 May 2017.

1. Miika

Miika Game Lead

The game has tutorial bots at the beginning to get players familiar with the game. We learned from the soft launch that throwing people immediately into 5vs5 battles with real human players can be really brutal experience before you learn to drive and shoot, so they are there just to soften the learning curve.

Win few matches to get a bit of infamy, and you'll never see them again. This game is purely about people versus people and there are never bots in the game for any other purpose than tutoring the players to play.

What is said about the names is true also. The AdjectiveAnimal123 name is the default name suggestion for new players and majority of players don't change that initially. So, if you see players with those names it does not mean they are bots. There are actually players with those names even quite high up in the leaderboards.

dikshift likes this.
  2. clubsoda

clubsoda New Member

Miika, thanks for clearing that up, the bots are definitely appreciated in the lower tiers. I just want to clarify though, are these bots the reason why there are characters with low HP ships and static infamy as well? Because I was running into them for some time until I got to around 300 infamy. (Images from same battle--I'm using ElectrisIbis497 as an example because his shooter only had 250 HP) low_health.PNG static_infamy.PNG

3. clubsoda

clubsoda New Member

Just for further clarification, I took a pre and post battle screenshot for static infamy, these chars have around the same infamy as everyone else going in-- it's FriendlyDeer614 and MellowChicken215-- they have the highest infamy going in but walk out with zero infamy loss, even though they performed worse than someone with lower infamy (who did get a -24 infamy penalty after the battle). IMG_0015.PNG IMG_0016.PNG

4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Yes, that is correct, the bots currently does not show infamy gain or loss. In your example battle there was clearly only 2 bots on the both sides, and they actually played pretty well on the red side too. :)

Our bots don't have feeling, so they don't care if they get any infamy or not, so I think it's ok. ;)

5. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

There are bots and their names are autogenerated, there are also players with autogenerated names, you can see one of them in the enemy team of that post's image. The first few matches will be mostly with and against bots and they will stop to appear gradually as you progress, a guess that came up on the game's Discord is that they are there to ease new players into the game.

P0rthos and mammoth1946 like this.