1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why people hate Selfish fixer?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aswin, 21 May 2018.

1. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

Dude I hate that kind of teammate. They go into what I prefer to call the "Danger Zone". They after they get hit by the enemy team really bad because of their own stupid mistake, they start spamming for help.

TheAntiSnipe and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

@Aswin I think that majority of people hate only ultimately selfish fixers (3 tapes) because they think (my opinion) that you can equip whatever you want unless it totaly ruins other's game and triple tape definitely ruins your team when they excpect you to heal them

TheAntiSnipe and TonyStar123 like this.
  3. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

I know for sure, people quit the game entirely because of this meta.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I think the devs should make it so that quickly given pings give custom commands. Such as, destroy negative in rapid succession means don't destroy, and the symbol on to of the target shows the tag +/(you get the idea)

ShipCrusherCz and Aswin like this.
  5. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I actually haven’t seen any selfish fixers at my infamy for a long time now, not sure what that’s about. Also, I just accidentally scrapped my only tape :( it was unleveled

6. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I played my mk6 double tape loadout to 4995 infamy. Suppose it depends on what you define as viable.

7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Ehh.

8. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    selfish fixer is good.Being a friendly fixer is headache.Even after saying together,defender goes one way,shooters go another way.No one helps a fixer when they shout help.but will shout if they need urgent repair pulse.Im waiting to get epic/legendary repair pulse.i will change into selfish fixer

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  9. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

i don't hate selfish fixer, you can equip whatever item you want, but if you're one, at least make 6500+ dmg per battle, is just ridiculous how some selfish fixers deals 2000-4000 gearing up a flare+ec combo.

10. ShipCrusherCz

their damage also depends on their teammates (some people are idiotic enough to intentionaly splash kill their own teammate just because he's using something they don't like) and enemies (you can't expect big damage at end of the battle next to your teammates' names when your enemies have low hp);)
    but I agree that some selfish fixers don't know what to do (maybe because they don't have forum accounts so they can't find how to play this setup correctly) so they aren't pushing enemies enough, selfish fixers are also awesome tanks so they do better when they activate their tapes instead of firing weapons sometimes

11. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

It’s not all about damage though. If an enemy can see a fixer it’s normally targeted first. Without seeing the self healing you have no idea how much damage the rest of the team avoided by the focusing on the fixer. They may have done little damage but the distraction they caused to the other team could be worth more than damage.
    You don’t see many of them but the main issue is people expect to be healed when they see a fixer. They get angry when they don’t get healed.
    I am sure the defenders team I fought the other day were just annoyed when I parked my fixer beside him when I realised he only had mortars. I was sat right beside him and there was nothing he could do to hit me with the constant annoyance of a carro in his side every so often to make sure he didn’t go far.

12. youhatemetoo

youhatemetoo Member

More people will die trying to protect you thinking you can help them...when a team sees a fixer their mentality is to stick together so mortars and fire is going to do more damage to your team before they realize you can't help them.

13. ShipCrusherCz

your infamy?
    I was in master (now a little bit under it:() and noone ever protected me or any other fixer (except me, I protect them if it's woth at all cost)

14. youhatemetoo

youhatemetoo Member

3300ish depending on the day. As a fixer you have to realize yellow boats especially will run to you for a heal so they can go back and distract the enemy. If you can't heal them they will die just staring at you.

15. ShipCrusherCz

reason I started with selfish fixer is that noone ever helped me, never protected me from yellow boats (and I asked for help every time I needed it, still no one helped) so selfish fixer was creative way of "revenge" (they didn't help me so I don't help them), it's funny and I can reckt yellow boats which try to rush and kill me thinking that I won't kill them and that I will die quickly because of 0 self-healing ability:)

16. youhatemetoo

youhatemetoo Member

I run box, bolt, pulse on my fixer which allows me to heal myself if needed. I feel as a fixer I need to take my sniper shots or control the enemy with napalm while I heal others. I tend to try not and take damage....of course that is normally my mentality on all my ships. I watch some youtube staring bittersteel when I'm playing like crap, and it reminds me how to stay hidden.

17. GingerXP

GingerXP New Member

another reason to have in game voice chat