1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why people hate Selfish fixer?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aswin, 21 May 2018.

1. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

what's better perk for duct tape? I have epic cooldown and healing boost but can equip only of them

2. lakehucbu

lakehucbu New Member

I think the tape is designed for use with another healing item, because playing fixer as well as shooter, it is sometimes difficult to regain your own hp. Although, the tape cannot be used, in any circumstances, with other tapes, and every single game I have played with a 3 tape fixer on my team has resulted in a thrashing defeat, even if my fleet mate and I carry, because the only real use is measly one extra gun and a mortar magnet(which is annoying if you are staying close for heals that will
    Never come)

3. ShipCrusherCz

if the devs did not want selfish fixers they would not implemetn things like only 50% self healing from pulse, duct tapes, ability to equip only duct tapes etc.

envylife and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. ShipCrusherCz

so you want devs to remove tapes or what?

5. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

6. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

I have won next to ultimate selfish fixers cos them being the unfriend target is what they are meant to do. And knowing that unfriends will prioritize the fixer first leaves them open.

When i realised the fixer on my team was selfish that made me look for cover asap after chasing the flanker away. If I had stuck around and hoped for heals I would have sunk in seconds. Awareness of who is using what and what your team is doing is what helps you win. If I had sunk in that game (shared in earlier post), it would have been my mistake for not realizing my fixer doesn't have any heals to help with rather than blaming it on the fixer.

7. ShipCrusherCz

it's your opinion

I think that there is no point for fixers to save people like full mortar or torpedo shooter or mine spamming ship

and that's the BIGGEST PROBLEM! everyone expects fixer to wear his a$$ off but no says 'thanks' when you win the battle by keeping your teammates alive, everyone expects fixers to be slaves who have to do what others expect, they can't use anything they want, they have to be there for teammates who go mad and blindly rush expecting their fixer to save them in every situation but they almost never come back (except speeders) to protect the fixer when he asks for help because someone is trying to kill him but they blame the fixer when he doesn't do what they expected, it looks like majority of players don't even know how hard is it to play fixer when they are primar target for most players, their teammates expect them to stay right behind them to heal them every time they get hit during suicide rush, you need your teammates because you have only one weapon (until mk6) so you do your best when it comes to saving some foolish shooter who was too rushy but almost everyone blames you when you don't follow meta

are you blind (no ofense), defenders are the easiest targets in the game, they are incredibly slow, big and have slow turret and you want them to go for bandages when main advantage of defender is having higher hp and defence points? selfish fixers have the highest self-healing ability and they are fast and somehow durable

speeder has greater health!? and speeder is also probably the hardest ship to master and utilise it's full potential and it's really vulnerable to hard hitting weapons when he isn't skilled enough to dodge these shots

it's your opinion but please think about it, being fixer is hard and you have only few setups to use so why not to use duct tapes when you know how to use them

Sewah and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. ShipCrusherCz

https://replay.battlebay.net/YQBYBLWD#PKLMHXMH
    may be non-selfish fixer has bigger team healing ability but I would be dead if I run my classical double bolt one bandage setup because I couldn't regen from the big torp hit until recieving next damage so I can say that duct tape saved my live and also win

9. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

I hate teaming with selfish fixers less than selfish repair box users. At least they declare their selfishness.

Nothing more infuriating than us both getting hit (torp/Mortar/whatever). Whilst I’m sitting using pulse/bolt combo to heal the other fixer, he goes into self-box heal mode to get that last 100hp back!

“Hey dipsh!t, I need that!”

:mad:Rage:mad:

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This, exactly. Fixers use DT because they can't even equip a big shield. If the devs wanted Fixers to fix 100% of the time, they would have added a blue slot point and not added DT.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

Well I don't see the pointing of fixing if you're don't even have a single team healing item. Besides selfish fixer just ruins everything. Every time there is a fixer on the enemy team my team never targets it until its the last one remaining. But if there is a selfish fixer on the enemy team and the team don't realize it they wouldn't leave the selfish fixer alone. I saying negative because I know that fixer has triple duct tape and is pretty much unkillable unless everyone tries to burst him. I suggest there should be a like a button called dont destroy or target that certain enemy.

12. ShipCrusherCz

you can tell that by saying destroy XY and negative
    I think that good tape fixer can work as tank better than anything because people tend to target fixers first, he can has high hp and his regen rate is insane but I think that selfish fixers should run one pulse or box if they don't want to "sacrifice" the slot for team heal only or bolt when they want ability to heal at bigger distances

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. TonyStar123

I would do that, but I stop doing it because my team never listens.

14. ShipCrusherCz

I try to show and tell my teammates that I have only one bolt and one duct tape but they still do these typical "we have fixer" rushes:mad:

15. TonyStar123

I tried everything, they are just annoying and don't listen to a fixer. Ironic because they are alive due to the fixers.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  16. lakehucbu

lakehucbu New Member

No, the tape, used with other items, is a good green item, but used with other tapes the selfish fixer can never be a viable loadout. Playing speeder, with two red slots and good speed, enforcer, with 3 red slots and speed/control or defender with 3 red slots and health will always be better than 1 or 2 red slots, a ton of self healing and the words ‘SHOOT ME BECAUSE IM A FIXER’ stuck on your side. I do like playing against them for the extra damage though.

17. TonyStar123

They should make it so you can only equip two tapes. Three is overkill and just straight up useless. If you gonna use triple duct tape, you might as well play some other ship.

18. ShipCrusherCz

I get you and I think that ultimate selfish fixers (3 tapes) are not that good, they can tank a lot but they can do nothing (except taking few shots) for their dying teammates, two tapes and any other green item is ok for me

19. ShipCrusherCz

why not to restrict using three mortars, cannons, repair bolts, pulses, boxes, torpedoes, nitros, two tesla shields, three shields and bandages?

20. ShipCrusherCz

I started using tape just because my teammates are usualy stupid and don't help me when I ask for it but they keep spamming help me whenever I focus on other teammate who needs the healing right at the moment

TonyStar123 likes this.