1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why people hate Selfish fixer?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aswin, 21 May 2018.

1. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

I don't know why people always hate Selfish fixer, most of the people say that don't use it, it will let to loose of your team and so on ...
    What's your opinion on this? I do really contribute in battles
    Here is one of battle

After some match people add me to scold me here is one example
    Screenshot_Battle_Bay_20180521-200936.png
    I seriously need your opinion about this.

2. Swaf

Swaf Member

I would say most cases they don't do enough damage to out weigh them doing 0 heals for their team. Maybe if a team could see your load out before hand and see you have all tape then it would be different. Or maybe change your name to I have all tape or something like that

3. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Usually when seeing fixers in their team, other players would think that you would fix them when they are damaged so they take more risks and die without you fixing them. While you might survive longer and do more damage, that really wouldn’t matter if you were the only player alive on your team. Playing with a selfish fixer is more like playing with an enfo or defender instead of like playing with a fixer.
    It looks fun though, I wanna try selfish out to but I only have 1 duct tape :p

4. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

I always says "Help" "Negative" so people can understand, but still they smash that "SoS" button , what can I do....

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Honestly, a mk5 selfish fixer is ALWAYS, or almost always, a team liability. You have only one gun slot, you should be more healcentric if you want to win, at mk5.

Mk6 selfish fixers, again, I personally don't like them on my team or even on the enemy team. I've protected fixers only to find I sacrificed myself for nothing. I've focused them only to find, too late, that they were selfish and my team got flanked.

I believe, if you are a selfish fixer, and you want to be a career selfish fixer, you cannot expect love from your teammates. But then again, I think fixing has always been a thankless job, and selfish fixers serve to heighten the respect we have for non-selfish ones.

6. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

Try it if you have enough duct tape , it is really fun:p:D:rolleyes:;)

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  7. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I’m only mk 5 :( maybe at mk 6 if I get another tape...

8. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

That's up to the RNG Gods :D

9. Swaf

Swaf Member

I would like to try it but never played fixer and I'm above 4k infamy so I would get roasted with weak gear

Aswin likes this.
  10. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I don’t think everyone can see all of the messages (I don’t see a lot of mine because I play on a phone and they show up under my thumb because my joystick is so close). On top of that combining the limited message options to mean something else may not be universally understood to mean what you intend (like I might understand your message to be directed to a player who is moving away from the group and mean “I help - dont leave”).

I do appreciate that you try to communicate your set up to your team though - most selfish fixers are ... selfish

Last edited: 21 May 2018
    Aswin likes this.
  11. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

Oh! That's the problem, when we try new ship / weapon you always get roasted :rolleyes:

12. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

In the few seconds before a battle you look at your team and the opposition, you form and opinion of what you think will happen in the battle and you come up with a strategy accordingly.

But a selfish fixer who doesn’t announce they are selfish, throws all those plans out the window. The team operate the wrong strategy and are more likely to lose.

Other ships can similarly disrupt the strategy, but aren’t as noticeable (like a defender who doesn’t charge, a speeder who doesn’t buzz about and cause a distraction, an enforcer who doesn’t protect flanks, a ship which has all mines etc)

13. Swaf

Swaf Member

No I literally have a mk4 fixer with zero gear . Do you want me to put all t1 rares on and play? You do know your playing with minnows at your level. The end game is nothing like what your playing.

TheAntiSnipe and Aswin like this.
  14. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

I mean, I supported your opinion

15. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Qn:Why people hate Selfish Fixer?

Ans:Because they use 3 duct tapes for their own comfort and they forgot their main role(I.e fixing):cool::cool::cool:

TheAntiSnipe and Aswin like this.
  16. Swaf

Swaf Member

Im one leg piece from a green legendary. I'm hoping it's tape or pulse

Aswin likes this.
  17. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I really enjoy playing alongside selfish fixers, because they often play like the Defender that you always wanted on your team (instead of the Tri-Torp spamming camper that you often get).

However, if you don’t realise in time then it’s confusing, and then annoying, to think you’ve got a Fixer, but you don’t.

Vile Kyle, TheAntiSnipe and Aswin like this.
  18. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

So my question is should I continue play as a Selfish fixer? I mean if it spoils the entire teams plan :oops: , I don't know , I just playing selfish Fixer just 2 weeks or so

vis1234567899 likes this.
  19. Swaf

Swaf Member

Maybe abandon till mk6 and work on two weapons. Some of the most efficient healing I've seen comes from a pulse, tape, bolt combo. Keeps yourself and your team reasonably alive. But if your having fun now then keep doing it that's all that matters.

Rokstrmahesh, TheAntiSnipe and Aswin like this.
  20. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

I have two pulses with me ( One T3 rare and other T2 Epic ) by the way, I play all boats except shooter. For shooter I don't have much firepower :(
    Here is my inventory
    PicsArt_05-21-09.22.16.jpg