1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why nerf to the ground?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zusay, 14 Dec 2017.

1. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I just stopped using the combo a few days ago. Still was able to reach nightmare in mk5 with it, but it's just no longer any fun. I would just cruise around the map laying out torps and rarely going in to kill someone 1v1, maybe once every game or two. The frost was practically useless so I may of well have used nitro but I didn't have one at the time. Now I use explosive + blast until I can level a flare up, sad days :(. I liked the way it was before the patch to fix/buff frost, nobody complained about my torps then!

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  2. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

I don't see your point of view, why is nerfing a weapon to the ground satisfying? What's the sense of a combo when you can't use it at all? I surely was one of the people who thought frost torp was too overpowered, still i dont see any balance in this case. Why do they need to force players to use another setup after you have worked hard to get a high level torp/frost blaster? Why not nerf frost torp to a point where torps are still dodgeable? If it's for me at the current situation all those frozen damage crew trainings are useless as the combo is trash. Ofc the problem isnt the torp, it's the frost. I would not recommend nor use either frost blaster nor frost launcher atm!

3. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    My answer to the question: because of whining, at least partly. The ”nerf frosttorp” thread had over 12 pages, and 3-4 active members on each side. Most of the whiners wanted an absolutely ridiculous nerf, and compared to them, the nerf is just a little unjust. But why it was nerfed so much, was really (i think) because no non- frosttorp user knew how much skill it required to run. If you looked just the data, it seemed way too op. And this is what devs failed to look at when they nerfed the combo imo.
    Edit: This is what you need to do if you want to run the combo now
    https://replay.battlebay.net/LCGLLZCJ#SKWKTJZM

Last edited: 14 Dec 2017
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

No

TheAntiSnipe, The Otherguy and Ian like this.
  5. Dvd2812

Dvd2812 Member

Lol, I scrapped my tier 4 rare frost launcher and a tier 2 epic big berta because of this nerf. Now I still run torp frost but that is the only set up I can use. Barely survived over 3k. I just hate people who whining about stuff that they never actually tried. I make my mini use what I hate (sniper cannon) and it worked so damn fine good that I wanted to scrap my blast cannon on my main. Never have a duplicate epic sniper. RNG just wanted me to use blast.

6. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Aaaaaaand, that's why everyone hates sniper over here but that's for another thread.

7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Satisfying a request is not the same as a satisfying feeling. Let’s not get into equivocation.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘my point of view’? Just to be clear, I never wanted frost nerfed in the first place (and I was never even a frost user).

All I’m saying is that had the devs done exactly what you’re suggesting, and brought in a version of frost that was 100% balanced, then people would have continued to whine about frost being OP, and claimed the devs were incompetent, salt, more salt, etc...

Hopefully, they’ll buff frost next update to make it usable again, and then no one will be able to complain about it needing more nerfing, because we’ve already seen ‘more nerfing’ (as in now) and it’s evidently too much.

8. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Hmm i see, well I have never asked for a frost nerf, still we all knew it was much needed (at least many of us thought like this) i just think the nerf was too harsh but if it's alright for players i don't mind it staying the way it is, i got another loadout which i already used whole frost torp was op, just wanted to collect opinions wheter it's just me feeling that the nerf was a bit harsh or others feel that way too.

9. ViscountSniffit

I agree, it was way too harsh, and made frost useless. It needs more balancing.

TheAntiSnipe, *JAWS* and The Otherguy like this.
  10. Olibooger

Olibooger Active Member

Freelance Bum
    That is absolutely ridiculous.

11. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I think he means with speeder, which to some extent is true but I still don't fully agree with.

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

He uses torps on a speeder himself, I respect his opinion in the matter. Torps without frost on a speeder=very low firepower. Fact. But I'll still do it.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

When I ran torps on my speeder, I found I did quite good damage, but it was much harder to get kills. Sometimes you just need 100hp damage to finish of another speeder, and torps just make it way more difficult that it ought to be.

At higher infamy when you’re meeting a lot more speeders, I can definetly understand why you wouldn’t want to run torps without frost.

14. TheAntiSnipe

There's other ways to take out a speeder. Kiting, for example, or even alternating torps with a heavy blast cannon(which I already have at hand), no probs, m8!

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  15. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    @Eeyore

16. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    Them calculating devs!

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

Well, if you consider everything, evry time they handled game misuse and unbalanced weps, they did it long-term.

Pretty smart bunch of coders they are.

18. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Soon. Very soon or coming soon or might be soon all yellow ship will be diminish. There will be only shooter and defender. Fixer will stay somehow.
    As u can see most player are already leaving. ( Just my opinion)

19. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Oh yeah because that's how the devs envisioned the game, shooters and defenders ruling the game and picking off useless yellow boats for some reason. This is just their perfect vision right? Wrong lol they wouldn't let any boat die, that's not what their looking for so dw.

20. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Ok

Ian likes this.