1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why nerf to the ground?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zusay, 14 Dec 2017.

1. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

I guess there have already been some threads about it, still I don‘t get why devs nerfed frost torp till it‘s pretty much not useable anymore! My favourite setup has always been (and still is) flare, double blast on enforcer which works well, but the frost torp nerf was way too much. Just check the top players, no one is running that combo these days (beside smileshark who uses it from the start hehe). All we asked for was a chance to dodge a big torp, so either reduce the frost impact or increase the arming range. What you did is just ridicolous, basically the only way to use a frost torp combo is in 1 vs 1, which means you can‘t use that combo to support ur teammates. From my own experience, whenever i freeze an enemy and any of my teammates is around 99% of the time the frost will be removed before i can even launch my torp. Furthermore i have no idea who should use tritorps, id rather run a standard mortar in nightmare league than that. Things aren‘t balanced at all! Frost being removed immediatly by getting hit is just ridicolous, I 100% agree that frost torp combo needed a nerf, but why do you have to nerf it, till it‘s not useable anymore? Lemme know if I am the only one with that opinion, happy to see all your opinions on that :)

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You're not the only one. Hopefully, the devs will bring back the good days where each of these items was fair and balanced.

Fair winds!

3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I think there are a lot of threads about it,all of them had positive reviews.Lets see how they improve frost...

4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I used to use frost in my mk4 days around 1400 1500 infamy and with doing 1300-1500 damage I would sometimes get 3 stars for support.
    Now frost is nothing neither usable nor support. And frost torp damage was never a problem in eternity of game.
    Frost received buff in its slowing effect so all were glued to the water. Get that damage back and take that gluing effect away. Even if they reroll the frost break there will still be havoc as the main issue is untouched.

• Percy • likes this.
  5. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Aren't you late to the party :p. It's over. Frost Torp users have gone home already.

• Percy •, Earel and The Otherguy like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

I vow to use frost torp all the way to Nightmare if they bring it back to pre-buff status. See? Not all of us. I spent most of my time on the forums while learning, and took P0rthos' advice. I know how to run every setup on the bay. I never run fixer, since I like guns more. But I play every ship and setup better than a noob:p. So, IF the devs bring frost back, and buff tritorps, I'm using frost blaster+swift torp+tritorp.

AND nobody who ever runs a setup because they like it should quit it if it becomes unusable. Keep backup plans ready, but use it if you REALLY have the skills and are not just a wannabe following a "meta". Tell me, if you were an ex+flare defender, would you quit it just because "it got nerfed, boo hoo"?

And. To all those who tell me frost is really broken, devs won't unnerf it, blah, blah, you never use it, you would know, etc, etc, I say this. If I was a frost + torp user, I would switch to a second loadout sloooowwwwwly. I know my torps and how to use them, with or without frost. Also, I'm a BIG fan of torps. So I would have hardly lost a few hundred infamy and stayed there.

7. Shadow Moon!

You can not use torp without frost above 3k that is fact doesn't matter how well you know your torps.

• Percy • likes this.
  8. Shadow Moon!

And about building a second loadout you need to be incredibly lucky to get dupes. I was lucky that I got dupes of sniper and explosive cannon if not I would have just left the game because the setup I was building took more than 3 months, which nerfed to the ground just because some players were whining infinitely and I tried using it. It works but its reliable at all. And now I don't see those players who were crying say that frost is never used buff it etc.

• Percy • likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

I don't get it. One of three rares I combine is something that I need. Is RNG that bad? I mean, I have the luck of the devil when it comes to random loot that ISN'T RIGGED.

• Percy • and The Otherguy like this.
  10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    The last 4 epics I got were 3 swift torps and a blast cannon. I'm an enfo.
    Please don't change RNG. :D:p (Not kidding tho)

• Percy • likes this.
  11. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Out of 225+ Epics i have barely kept 20,Mistakenly scrapped 2-3 uselful.Other 200 epics are B.S.

Sorry offtopic!

12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

proof that mvp's have better rng. rovio, please nerf.

13. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I also got 3 epic tesla shields... ;)

/end:eek:fftopic
    ;)
    Frost blaster is about right I think, but launcher needs a buff. :(

• Percy • and Babablacksheep like this.
  14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I often use a grenade + big torp/tritorp combo well above 4k on my speeder, always without frost.
    I'd better stop I guess, don't want to go against the facts..

15. TheAntiSnipe

Blaster is definately NOT right. It's really. REALLY bad. Nobody runs it for it's main purpose anymore-- As the slowdown tool. I had a good buff in mind. Frost blaster is a glue gun until the first shot is fired, after that it doen't break but goes back to untrained levels(pre-halloween). IMO the reason it got nerfed that hard is because of WP which was sooo torpedo centric. Both the map release and frost bugfix came up at around the same time, thus causing a hard, quick nerrrfffff!

16. TheAntiSnipe

I KNOW my torps. In a (fair) duel, I doubt that even @Eeyore could best me if I was firing. My vector prediction is perfectly on point, and I know how to grab blind spots and exploit them. If I don't have to shoot a firearm, I am an expert torpedoman. Ask the smoking wrecks of anyone who ever duelled me when I used that combo lol.

17. djsurfzz

djsurfzz New Member

instead of labelling the issue as frost torp being useless shouldn't you be blaming your incompetent teammates?

• Percy • likes this.
  18. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

I was not a lover of that, but I did maximize my items to play that combo, which was more fun than I thought. Now it's no use, if I had known that they would have made it totally useless I would never have spent my money on that, and removed other weapons for parts for that ... basically they sell you one thing and when everyone has paid, they take all their utility.
    It's like you buy a Ferrari and then they put you another engine one month later because they ran too much but they do not return your money or apologize ... and that's why players who have spent a fortune here have left. Because it is something that is not fair.
    I love this game and spent a lot of money, and I keep playing and I will. But I do not like this lack of respect for their own community of players who pay their salaries. I still think that this game needs a boost in they devs infrastructure, or more people, or another director, or more money I do not know ... but a game with so much potential always working in this ineffective way is rare.
    I suggest ...Marauder you can buy the game and add director to yellow ocean! o_O:):p

and now lets see if this get closed, deleted, or edited...as usual

• Percy • and Shadow Moon! like this.
  19. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think nerfing frost into the ground might actually have been a smart move by the Devs, and the best thing for frost users in the long run.

There was a lot of vitriol being directed towards frost. If they’d only nerfed it a bit, then all the people who had migrated to frost would still be using it, and all the crying about frost would have continued (even if it were perfectly balanced).

By nerfing frost hard, they silenced all the complaining, satisfied all the whiners, and forced many new ‘converts’ to go back to thier old builds.

I think everyone now agrees that frost is underpowered, which has paved the way to buff it back to ‘balanced’ in the next update, with less resistance from players, and fewer people running it.

20. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

frost-torp is really powerfull but (big torp stun frost ) need 4 slots and putting your self in real dangerous bcuz you should be near to the one you wanna shoot so probablly you will be when the unfriend is , so that damage isnt overpowered

Last edited: 14 Dec 2017
    Ian likes this.