1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why level 5 epic turbo

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Radar O Reilly, 8 Dec 2018.

1. Radar O Reilly

Radar O Reilly Active Member

i want to know what value there is to a level V epic turbo. If the speed of my boats is maxed with an epic level IV why bother evolving it to level V?

Help I Cant Swim and Sidd gamer like this.
  2. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

The only added value you get is that you don't need to add as many turbo perks to get speed maxed. This opens chance to use other perks such as ship HP and have little extra HP compared to lower level turbo.

3. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Before 4.0 it had value, but now there is absolutely no point.

If they aren’t going to make changes to the existing ships for it, then maybe they could create a ship with low base speed/high max speed.. sure would be cool if a ship could be fitted with strong turbo and become like a constant overboost speed!

4. Radar O Reilly

I wish it would help speeder go faster in CTF when dragging the flag.

5. Radar O Reilly

I’m going to keep those parts and wait for an update that makes the level V turbo meaningful

6. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

I have a post in suggestions and ideas for getting rid of the turbo and just giving all ships max speed without turbo. I have a poll so feel free to check it out and vot

7. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

Unless they add new blue items this would mean are down to 3, 2 shields and a bandage. Pretty boring really.

The benefit of maxing an epic turbo is fitting HP perks on it instead of speed perks and hence being harder to kill

8. Djradnad

You can just fill it with hp perks at t4

9. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Not sure about other ships but I still have to use two speed perks on my level 40 epic turbo to max my shooter speed. So definitely can't use all HP perks yet.

Djradnad likes this.
  10. Djradnad

Max training on your turbo I assume? And ya shooter requires the most out of your turbo (although I haven’t compared it to interceptor, looks like that may require a strong one too.)

11. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Yup my training obviously maxed.

Djradnad likes this.
  12. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

There’s absolutely no value.

By the time you’re getting your epic Turbo maxed out, every single weapon that’s used against you will make those extra 60 hp perks invisible. I mean, what’s 240 extra hp gonna do?

You’re better off using those 1,000+ epic parts to max out a weapon than to baby boost your hp.

13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

How many "One Off Lethal" achievements do you have?

Just wondering. ;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Only 2.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 11 Dec 2018
  15. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20181211-190052.jpg
    Every bit of hp helps :)
    (He says using a T4 turbo after having had the duplicates to finish it for a year)

16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

That screenshot says 13, @Stelmo there has 80

Why?

Because that's 93 more ships that would've sunk if they had 1 less HP. ;)

Every little bit of HP, or damage, or seconds of duration or cooldown, helps.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

No doubt it does, but if I had the choice to upgrade any epic item to lvl 50, I think the last thing I’d upgrade would be the turbo.

Stronger weapons, harder shields, better healing items, faster speed items and more seconds of frost or stun for my other yellow items are much more appealing to me than saying I won a few games out of the thousands that I play with just 1 hp.

Or maybe it’s because I main Fixer so I’m usually not the last one standing.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Agreed; there's many other options, but at a certain point you might be short on duplicates to evolve, or there's just no other way to further grow your HP /damage pool (those 1.5% Weapon Damage ones fit on turbos too ... ;) ) and therefore that's why you'd grow it.

But I've already made my thought's clear in @Hellcat_17 's thread - a maxed Turbo is now a relic of a time past. There's no point in having a speed boost beyond 63.7% as that's sufficient to max all ships. If you only play the yellow boats, you don't even need 50%.

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/send-the-turbo-the-way-of-the-rudder-and-gear-lube.23624/

Last edited: 11 Dec 2018
    Nikkie! and Hellcat_17 like this.
  19. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

1,5 % damage perks only fit weapons, not possible to place them on blue/yellow/green/teal items. Just tested it and the description says it too:

IMG_20181211_204416.jpg

Stelmo likes this.
  20. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

But if you grind all day for a week you might just get really lucky and land a brutal turbo event perk ;)

Sifa likes this.