1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Why is the sniper cannon balanced?!?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by kurdish bndo, 1 Apr 2018.

?

Should sniper cannon be nerfed ?

1. No

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. No, and stop making threads about it

59 vote(s)
    58.4%
  3. Yes

24 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Yes, but just reduce its range

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. No, because I use it and other players don't want it to be nerfed, but it is OP

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. I'm a troll and just wanna have fun, you guys go on

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

I love crunching numbers for this game. It’s so fun. One of my favorites is finding the the max damage for any weapons through very exact situations that would probably never happen in really life.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yes, there is still a problem (you and I have discussed this before). That is the risk vs reward. I think it’s safe to say that Miika has now confirmed Sniper is performing ‘on a par’ with EC and BC in terms of damage. So the rewards are similar, but Sniper is much less risky.

Secondly, there is the point of meta adaptation. People have already had lots of time to adapt to Sniper, and play in a way that reduces its damage as much as possible.

You can think of it as being similar to the advent of the machine gun before WW1. Prior to machine gun, cavalry charges were still a thing. By the middle of WW1 cavalry had disappeared, and the only strategy left was trenches and more trenches.

Once tranches we’re established, I imagine far fewer people were being ‘damaged’ by machine guns (as they were keeping thier heads down). But machine guns were still incredibly OP and completely changed the face of war.

I believe Sniper does a similar thing in Battle Bay, it’s a meta defining weapon.

The important question is, does it make the game more varied and fun? This is subjective, but I would argue ‘no’: trench warfare is stale and horrible.

Ultrah and What's Up Player like this.
  3. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

Oh I'm sure Nightmare League people really need a weapon hitting 2000+ damage at almost any range with little aim.

4. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    ok. That's it. Another chart going here.

Uncommon BC has mire damage than an epic SC. That is, if BC talents are used
    BC and SC has same cool down
    SC has high crit chance
    SC has longer range
    EC is at the top of cannon damage tree
    EC has splash damage
    EC has slowest cool down of all cannons
    EC and BC have slow projectile, EC having slowest.
    STC has really low CD

Overall, sniper cannon seems to be the beat at the moment. We would either have to ( toxic item alert) nerf sniper, or buff other cannons

5. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

You can't judge the weapons by that. Some traits are more important than others.

6. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

I’m not sure how much better a comparison can be :eek: this has to be one of the best we have had in this thread

7. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

The riskiness you mentioned in your first point, yes, no doubt sniper is safe when used from great distance. But I would argue that, at mid to close range, sniper can put you in more risk than when you are using a blast/ex cannon due to its RNG-based damage output. At close range it’s good if it crits, but if it doesn’t, you’re actually having a standard cannon with more than double the cooldown. Notice the two “ifs” from the above sentence, “if” it crits & “if” it doesn’t? That’s the uncertainty (which increases risk) sniper users have to deal with, and I’m sure all sniper users have experienced many “if only my sniper crit just now to kill that enemy off” moments.

And, you’re contradicting what you have been saying in this thread with your second point here. You’ve been saying:
    1. Sniper is the most accurate weapon and almost never missed, both at long and short range;
    2. It hits you from across the map when you can’t even see the unfriends;
    3. You get shot by snipers when you’re approaching the unfriends.

Now, suddenly “people have already had lots of time to adapt to Sniper, and play in a way that reduces its damage as much as possible”? I believe blast cannon is as old a weapon as sniper is and blast cannon has been widely used so we can also say “people have already had lots of time to adapt to Blast, and play in a way that reduces its damage as much as possible”, not to mention blast only has half the range and projectile speed of sniper.

Neptune_Gaming and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

1. warfare is never meant to be fun, it's effing war, people die, it's not a game.

2. If you are going to take into account the risks of blast and it's range/projectile speed, do take into account the risks of the sniper too. It's useless if it doesn't crit and it crits 9 times out of 20 shots. And as a guy who runs 2 snipers and 3 mortars, I can't deal more than 4 shots from a safe range. I'm within enemy firing range after a max of 5 shots.

Neptune_Gaming and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

Kurdish bndo has abandoned the thread
    unnamed (23).gif

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Lol wut?

11. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

haha then why are we fighting?:eek::eek::p:p

Nikkie! and kurdish bndo like this.
  12. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

That's as inaccurate as possible, the decreasing of "damaged" people on the front lines was a consequence of the endurance of the conflict that made the soldiers realize they didn't want to kill each other, just to go home. They even created ways to comunicate to their enemies in order to reduce losts on both sides without letting their stupid lazy bosses to know. That was way offtopic
    That makes no sense, I play against blast cannon users since day one. And I main speeder, it's safe to say that I faced a lot of blast cannons on enemies yellow boats.
    You're just making up stuff to win an argument, right? Every weapon has its own risks, no cannon is much more risky than another.

Lil_Torta and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  13. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

Exactly, this thread has served its purpose.

@TheAntiSnipe I believe a "lock" is in commencee:D

14. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

Let's play... Who's gonna lock that thread??

Nikkie! and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  15. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Think everything has been discussed here that needs to be.
    @Miika has confirmed the hard stats and we are now going off at a tangent, so will lock this up before it spirals :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.