1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why I cancelled my subscription...for unfair game procedures.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Dez, 29 Jan 2019.

1. Dez

Dez New Member

Hi developers and community.

There are a few unfair things happening in this game now with the main one being perks.
    Do the developers not realise they are favouring the unemployed, retired and the people with more time on their hands over hard working people.
    In the events now you can not carry over coins like we did when it first started. This means earning 800 coins is not really possible for a lot of hard working people with jobs and who pay subscriptions.
    Great for free to play players who do not work and have all the time in the world to do events.
    This is now very unfair to those of us who support the game makers. So for this reason i have cancelled my subscription until such times as the injustice of the developers is corrected.
    Shame Rovio can not see their blind mistakes and what really annoy people is the ability to never achieve something in the game.

Poor job Rovio.
    Keep up the poor design...
    Either that or hire someone who can foresee the issues you create.

Camo2000

Yomama!, RACK STAR, R4Z0R and 2 others like this.
  2. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Think it this way: life probably isn't so easy for those unemployed people either, they probably suffer from poor financial condition and grinding is the only way they can earn the perks. No doubt they would also like to work hard if they could get a job. I'm quite sure they would even trade some of those legendary perks for that.

However, those who are fortunate enough to have a job, probably have higher income than those unemployed people. So they have less time but more money. If those perks are important for you, you could easily compensate the lack of time with money. What's the difference if you think about it..?

Actually the event coins are surprisingly cheap compared to many other things in this game, it costs approximately 45 $/€ to buy 800 coins (2x 360 coins and 1x 80 coins packages). However, if you're able to grind even 400 coins yourself, that already cuts the price in half. Now how many hours do you have to work to earn that? It takes some 8-10 hours to grind that through gameplay but working for 45 bucks should take much less than that (depending on the country of course).

Lastly I want to say that my intention is not to criticise the OP, I actually hope the event coins would carry over too. But just wanted to post this because in my opinion the events still aren't nearly as bad cash grab as some other parts of this game.

R4Z0R and benguin8 like this.
  3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This opinion is reflected by a large portion of the player base. Think of this: you can grind for 600 coins every event yet never achieve a Legendary Perk. Every other aspect of this game has carryover/progression outside of coins.

RACK STAR likes this.
  4. Dez

Dez New Member

Absolutely rubbish, if you have a subscription there should be no advantages or reasons to pay to complete something that other people who do not have a subscription and have more time to play should get the items. Money should not be required to complete and event if you are already paying.
    Get real and understand the argument..

Yomama! likes this.
  5. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Don't assume F2Ps have all the time in the world on their hands. I'm F2P... I have a job and a family. I have no chance of achieving a leggy perk since they removed carryover, and I have less grinding time than others.

This isn't just a P2W problem... it affects all of us.

6. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I assume with subscription you mean VIP and it should be pretty clear what benefits it gives you - they are all listed in-game:
    IMG_20190129_231941.jpg

Weird logic to think that VIP, with relatively low monthly payment, should give you benefits in event rewards. When you buy VIP, pretty much all it means is that you're paying to remove ads. So don't expect to become a "premium customer" over the f2p. As you probably have noticed already, Rovio has set the per player sales goals little higher than 10 bucks a month - they more likely want to satisfy people who pay 100 times that.

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  7. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

True... as far as paid services go, pearl diver actually goes more towards progression because you can use it to get crates and stuff from the shop, as well as speed training and acquire resources. VIP just lets you quest faster and boosts the natural rate of trainings and materials, rather than a drastic reduction like the use of pearls gives you.

R4Z0R likes this.
  8. envylife

Let's not diminish the money here.. VIP is still a chunk of money, typically 1/4 the cost of an entire AAA console game. Studios seem to have no issue recouping their millions of [U.S.] dollars spent on producing an AAA console game at $30/customer yet a $10/month should be shunned off as not much in Battle Bay terms?

RecklessPie and RACK STAR like this.
  9. RecklessPie

RecklessPie Member

I have also just canceled my VIP membership. I’ve paid for this game for about a year now and I’ve seen it just get worse and worse as time goes on. The coin based events that don’t carry over are a big issue but not the only one. This game is plagued by poor design, bad coding, and a dev team that ignores its community. The disappearing ships, shots connecting but registering no damage, unbalanced weapons, hitboxes on mortars and firebombs that don’t actually work, extremely poor matchmaking, the LONG grind it takes to feel like you’ve achieved anything, and an infamy system that should probably be reset for all players. I’ve climbed to nightmare but I’m still experiencing these game breaking problems. When the devs are confronted about it they ignore it and continue to take money. Doesn’t seem like much will get done to improve the game but rather just adding things to increase revenue. It’s sad really. It’s a wonderful game but unfortunately has too many problems in its current state.

10. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

Canceled VIP too. Matchmaking is completely broken and people are losing patience. All improvements have been targeted to new players. Experienced guilds are crumbling...

11. envylife

Why not go to Discord and offer solutions to the complaints you have? It is the only formal suggestion system Rovio makes available to us.