1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do speeders have to suffer at every single major update?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Blitz, 20 Oct 2018.

1. fR0x

fR0x New Member

Thank you for understanding :)

I would love some changes on Speeder as well, maybe make them a bit more faster, why not?

2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

This is what I find so frustrating about Speeder now. I think this game illustrates it pretty well.

That guy, has our flag, I have so much time, where I’m just floating next to him, and yet I’m not able to shoot or do any damage. And then we just lose.

Yellow items are even worse. 16 second cooldown for Tesla Bolt, 20 seconds for Tesla Shield. I’m just constantly being tortured with huge cooldown gaps, while other ships like Shooter, Enforcer, and now Interceptor are only really waiting on GCD.

3. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Just use carronade or took the flag asap in ctf events as a speeder.In my opinion,speeders should take the flag b4 the enemies return it instead of trying to kill the enemy and return the flag.
    If yellow items are used correctly,cool down for ts and Tesla bolt shouldn’t rly be a problem.
    I think that devs should slightly reduce the cool down for tesla items though,as low lvl Tesla items rly sucked so bad now

fR0x likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Basically, I play a very different speeder compared to many. People treat it as a hit-and-run assassin. I have always been, well, a duelist. I like fast cooldowns and charging down enemies, bearing down on them with the full might of my ability. Speeder as it has become now... Is a fullblown duelist. You can rip into a formation whilst racing your own torpedo, walk in, hit people with splash while they can't see your torpedo(since it is under your hitbox), hit blast at the same time, needle out, and needle back in from a different direction afterward. I think the biggest mistake I see torp speeders make is sticking to their targets. If you find yourself fixated on one target in a situation where another could die in one shot, you're probably making a very big mistake, as well as making life harder for your team. Don't be that guy, would be my advice.

But take it with a grain of salt, I'm not really what people consider a "pureblood" speeder. I belong much more to the enforcer community with my driftshotting playstyle.

But, remember. Hit-and-run and dueling both share one thing. Unpredictability. You need to folllow what I call a "flexible offensive". With a torpedo, you can strike like lightning, and with the beautiful speed update(you know, OB and nitro can be used at their full power now), you are just as fast. Try to strike in what appears to be a random fashion, but is cold and mechanical. I could drop you more tips in PM if you want. Just hit me up in a convo.

5. TheAntiSnipe

Man, I know that feeling. And trust me, I'm only not feeling it when I run dual nade blast on my enfo. My nitro kinda lags behind these days, I gotta train it.

I highly recommend using carro excannon, carro just does SO MUCH damage these days. Add to that the ability to slow down ship and turret speed, and you're GOLDEN.

6. "har"Smash until the end

Maybe blast+carronade works fine too! :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

It probably does, but the reasons I recommended ex carro to @ViscountSniffit are:
    1. He has a highly developed exc but idk about blast.
    2. He's been playing exc a long time, so it's better that he uses at least one wep he's comfy with.
    3. Exc is really good at close combat. The reason for this is that exc's main disadvantage(the speed of the shot, and hits not registering) fades away at close range. The high CD also gets offset by the carro.

P.S. I am building a carro and currently run double blast, I think I'll be playing a lot of carro blast on the speeder.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  8. "har"Smash until the end

Yeah carronade blast has eventually become a lot more effective,before the update I used to stick with bc and flare gun on my speeder,glad I didn’t scrap my epic t5 carronade poor shooters got bullied by me XD

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

This guy says that speeders suffer in this update? An update where defenders and shooters lose their defense? An update where weapons do more damage so those defenders and speeders that are huge slow targets are taking MORE certain damage? An update where your yellow items are better than ever without clashing training and you are the fastest boat on the bay to dodge these VERY deadly cannonballs flying through the air? Ha you sir are something else.

Aether_Zero and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  10. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

I'm a speeder and I'm doing just fine at 2300 infamy. I'm running a t5 rare ex cannon, and a t1 leggy grenade. I'm using TS, OB, and Nitro. Lots of fun, and my infamy is increasing.

11. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

The update actually made the gap between players smaller, not bigger. But I can understand your frustration, it sucks to be a speeder on a bad team where the shooters don't do the damage and stuff

12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think it would really help if different coloured items had their own GCD. Or at least remove GCD for Nitro, like with Gatling Gun.

Shooters and Defenders don’t have to wait to defend themselves, their extra hp is there all the time, protecting them.

Speeders rely on yellow items for their defense, but you can’t access them when you need them most. Nitro requires exact timing. If you can see a Torp, or a big EC shot is about to hit you, then you should be able to react. Not have to sit there and eat it because 2.4 seconds ago it looked safe to drop a mine.

13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

That would definitely help! So often I can see a shooter fire before he does (by predicting gcd) and nitro is never available.
    I basically end up spamming the nitro button hoping it will cool down in time but that is never the case and I end up nitroing to late. This then throws off my whole rythm for the duel causing me to retreat and take more damage while doing so.
    Timing is everything for a speeders survivability and having nitro available when you need it would be a game changer.

TheAntiSnipe and ViscountSniffit like this.