1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do so many people think i am a mortar spammer player just by looking at my ship setup

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by THE ONE (sniper), 21 Nov 2017.

1. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

I agree but disagree. There are a tonne of ace 1 noobs out there. With mk6 ships doing nothing but camping and shooting torps all day

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  2. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

Cant wait to bring out mk6. Trip fb and that will push me into nightmares. I dont know if i should be excited about that lol

3. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

You are lacking an ex cannon. If u had that instead of the flare.
    It would be perfect.
    You already have enough fire from the other weapons.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  4. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

I just read a post recently about flare being an underrated weapon. And a lot of nightmare guys use it.

My flare doest about 620 per shot every 11secs. But duration is 13 secs. So im able to stack the shots.

And flare untimate benefit is it cuts down 30% healing effect with anyone shot. Which is a hige plus when battling team with fixer. 30% will amount to more dmg then an exp would on top of flare dmg.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

There's a feature. You can type http://replay.battlebay.net/(match code)/player tag(optional). Then you can see any replay. There was a thread about you which showed certain match results. I simply copied the match tags over.

THE ONE (sniper) likes this.
  6. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

A thread about me? Hope it wasnt something bad haha

So you guys can view my battles now awesome!

https://replay.battlebay.net/NRDGRSNT

Chk that one out. Kept up with the big man @BITTERSTEEL. Though he lead most of the shots lol

7. TheAntiSnipe

Basically, a new dude was asking about you. You were judged to have legit lit skillz.

8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

@THE ONE (sniper) just play however you want to play. Your setup has it's weaknesses, but it is also very strong at damage dealing. As a speeder that specializes in localized burst damage with Sniper and Explosive Cannons, I love playing with shooters like you that can do a majority of the damage while I clean up kills. Keep killing it man. Anybody hating is just jealous.

9. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

Thanks bro i appreciate it. Youre the speeder stealing all my kills!!! Hahah as long as we win. Im not a murder hungry player. If i get enemy down to a shot or 2 away from death and my teams on him too. Ill usually switch targets and start burning the next victim. And yea i find most haters cant back up their own words. ;)

10. TheAntiSnipe

Hey, man, same combo! I love pyro shooters too!

11. Morning_Sword

Morning_Sword New Member

In ur first battle picture against healer with 2 repair pulses. Believe it or not. Your both firebombs became useless against that fixer healing them overtime..So the damage u did is not passive damage. Ur canon works only at short range and it needs a lot of window to even make it useful. So don't just compare the DPS and say this is the most useful canon u can have.
    People hate ur setup. Coz u can't lead the team with this setup. U are playing just the support role,And nobody really needs that until someone leads the team.
    HODGES - he uses 3 active weapons(2 snipers and 1 railgun ) along with 2 firebombs. Just think abt itand what u are missing.
    - - I'm 4.5k infamy.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2017
  12. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

Finally a guy who knows nothing about my play comes along. I lead 95% of my team into battle. But thanks for ur input. I get 3 star battles 90% of the time. Top damager 90% of the time. Even on loses i get star 100% of the time. And 2 star loss maybe 20% time.
    And comparing me to Hodges isnt the same. Obviously you dont kno battle details such as my weaps are all rare t4.
    Lets see some battle results? Lets see your ship setup. Im sure you the guy in the back waiting for me to do all the dmg to come creeping to steal kills lol. Lets see one of your battles. Talk all you want. You have that freedom here.

I lead battles. Only time i follow is if im playing with guys like @BITTERSTEEL, @Satanas or guys that high up.

13. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    Your setup is good for long range, good for no fixers, good for when the enemy is clumped, good for long-lasting battles.
    But it has some crucial weaknesses too. You do not have enough direct firepower. Basically can’t defend yourself against rushes. Also in some parts of the map it's impossible to fire a mortar. Maybe it’s still working well at 3.5k infamy, 4k+ it’s gonna be hard, looks like I’ll have some f2p competition soon. Good luck!

14. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

I agree and disagree.
    Agreed. Some places you cant fire mortars. But that goes said same ways for direct weapons. Every weapons has its pros and cons. Its up to the user to make the best and maximize the weapon.
    Agreed it is a long range set up, but so are sniper canons with longer range then my fbs.
    Disagreed. Whether clumped or singled my set uo is effective. Clumped will obviously do more dmg over the team.
    Disagreed. We all know that fixers are part of the game and show up very often. Against one or 2 fixers geam my weapons are effective.
    Disagreed about close combat. My canon and flare will do about 2300 dmg every 12 secs. And if my can crit hits thatll jump to 2600.

I think its all about battle iq. My effectiveness with these weapons got me this far. And this 3.5k inf i do need distance when playing with maxed out weapons users and nightmare guys that do 2k hits one shot. I cant be sitting there exchanging fire with that. That would make no sense.

Agreed. My set up might cause me some problems higher up into nightmare. But i have yet to see. But just in case i am building my sniper canon to replace the lr mortar.

And is your name evilchicken in the game? I think ive played with you a few times lol

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  15. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

And regarding problems with higher inf players. Yes sometimes ill get rekt if im standing wide open for shots. But if played smart i can keep up the dmg output as seen here

Attached Files:

16. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

Is this you?

Attached Files:

17. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    1.Yes, I know that your weapon can still do damage when the target is single but it is not the most optimal weapon choice for single targets. An explosive cannon can knock off 1k damage in one hit.
    2.When there's a smart fixer, your weapons lack the combo damage to sink an enemy. He can just keep on fix and hide and run. When one of the enemy is low hp you can only watch him run and hide but with a sniper you have a high chance of sniping them and completely turning around the game. A rare 50 torpedo and missile can stack 4000 damage in ONE SECOND.
    3. 2300 damage every 12 seconds is actually low AND requires multiple hits(1 flare hit + 3 cannon hits). You'll have a higher chance of getting hit multiple times while you're trying to get a shot off compared to single shot weapons. There are so many more effective close combat weapons than a measly standard cannon and flare. It won't have enough firepower to stop a rush in Nightmare League.

I think the main thing you should replace is the standard cannon or long range mortar for a sniper, 2 snipers if you can. And swap a fire bomb for EC/Missiles/Torpedo/Railgun. Then you'll be set for Nightmare League.

And yeah, that's me, but that's my lowest infamy.

18. DBags04

DBags04 New Member

It’s because of the fast reloading weapons you have meaning you can cylcle your mortar better

THE ONE (sniper) likes this.
  19. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

You have made some good points. I am building my sniper canon now. Still t2 rare. I think ill swap out my lr for it.

And heres a battle just now for the ppl that dont kno what leading a team is. Close combat midrange and distance shots. Short battle. Top dmg. Take a look at the gameplay and if you guys have any tips much appreciated. And by you guys i mean high inf guys. And shooters. I dont need tip from a fixer at 1k inf lol. No offence

http://replay.battlebay.net/TZPZLBCD

TheAntiSnipe likes this.