1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

why carronade is a good weapon for speeders

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Crashedup, 26 Aug 2017.

1. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

The shield pts are a problem in defender and all but the slowing down effect makes defender a complete sitting duck infront of carronade user . U can easily evade the defender shot with ur speed and shoot all u want;)
    Watch gameplay if u want to see what I mean

The Afenogaster likes this.
  2. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    Yes, my second account is a carronade speeder

3. CrawlingSkeleton

CrawlingSkeleton Member

Problem is you have to dive deep into the enemy lines and if you are gonna do that then explosive cannons/torpedoes/blast cannons are better options. As for the damage, most weapons at T5 epic will deal that much and more damage with the levep of perks that this guy has.

4. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

To add on to that most other weapons get buffed when target is frozen/ on fire except the carronadea and mine.
    Cannons havre critical hit chance and i fire weapons pierce armor

5. Crashedup

That's why I recommend WcorgiP playstyle because I think it's the best suited for playing speeder as carronade user u can become an assassin and that's what assassin do get deep in enemy lines .
    For better understanding watch gameplay. All weapon dont do that much dmg and the cooldown difference is huge 5.6 and 11+ for canons

6. Crashedup

Some weapons do like Torps mortars and Canon but others don't like missiles railgun or mines or grenade or carronade because they don't need to there mechanism is different they are quite powerful on Thier own and about canons blast and standard canon have critical chance of 1 percent explosive has way below it only good weapon to pull of that critical chance is sniper canon which has maximum of 45 percent chance to do that if u have epic sniper canon with all the epic perks for critical chance hit.
    Sniper in my opinion is not a great weapon for speeder it's a great weapon for shooter because speeder needs to deal heavy damage and that too quick because he is usually within enemy lines and need to get out fast not sit like shooter behind the rocks and wait for his critical hit chance because that's not what speeder is meant to do.

7. Crashedup

Maybe u guys are thinking about using carronades on different ships other than speeder that's why so many questions about 1v1 or range so I will change the title to " why carronade is a good weapon for speeder" and for any other queries feel free to ask.
    PS: carronade is not a good weapon on shooters or defenders it can be considered as a good weapon for fixers too as speeder are usually trying to kill fixer and it's slowing down effect will help the team in taking down speeder or discourage the speeder on going after the fixer

Last edited: 27 Aug 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  8. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Although carronade is best used on speeder i feel its ship slowing effect should last a little longer so a torp could be used as a follow up since the enemy is technically being slowed. The carronade is a good weapon but outclassed by other weapons because of its range. Blast cannon is usually used with a fire weapon and explosive cannon can hit more that one enemy and its shot can even effect players if aimed at ship wreks/ walls enemies are close to.

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Crashedup

Good pt about a little more slow effect but I don't know if the slowed down effect can be treated as frozen target for combo u can ask the devs about it. Each weapon has his own mechanism and each is powerful in particular case the canons are powerful too so is there combos but as I explained earlier.
    Carronade range can be increased upto 10 via training skills and if we increase its range more than that then a 7 projectile may not hit the target.
    Although the canon has range but the cooldown is high 11+ and in case of carronade 5.6 so almost 1.75 times the dmg done than in case of carronade and
    3rd the combos require great timming and skill to pull off if u can then use canon am not forcing u too use carronade and last pls watch the gameplay and u will understand why carronade doesn't need the range and combos to make it good all it needs is a little change in gamestyle and it will answer about 99 percent of ur queries

10. CrawlingSkeleton

CrawlingSkeleton Member

Actually yeah. The cooldown does make a huge difference.. The DPS for Carronades are much higher because of it. With 2 of them you can actually shoot constantly without stopping.

The Otherguy likes this.