1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Who else hate the Anti Mortar maps?

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by Razerx100, 14 May 2017.

1. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

Mortars are not overpowered in the slightest. They offer good damage for high-skill use and some splash potential. Mortar DPS is still pretty low, and if you have anymore awareness than a potato you can dodge mortar shells pretty effectively.

Mortars aren't a 'click and fire' weapon. You need to lead your targets, and it's actually hard to aim a long-distance mortar shell because the view gets cluttered by nametags and the killfeed, and at long ranges you can have some trouble just seeing the actual location and velocity of spotted enemies.

As of now, I think balance in the game is pretty good, with the possible exception of missiles being a little too weak and cannon being too strong (highest DPS in the game and takes next to no skill to use). Other weapons that might need to be tuned down a little include fire bomb because THAT one actually takes no skill.

2. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

True but as Defender or High MK shooters it's not that easy to dodge mortar.

3. Centipeetle

Centipeetle New Member

Id say subzero bay is anti projectile. But thats what i like each bay promotes pros and cons to each weapon.

Matthew Bluck likes this.
  4. canaglia777

canaglia777 New Member

as a mortar enthusiast I can tell there's no such thing as an ANTI mortar map
    there are many anti mortar points however
    it's all up to yours and your opponements' strategy to decide where to establish your war zone

5. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Don't know what late game is like but maybe those classes are too weak?

6. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

Cannon has very high DPS but it is single target and has very short range. If your positioning is bad (or your allies suddenly abandon you!) then you are screwed in any normal team fight. Cannon are mostly effective in 1v1s, afaik.

Indeed. It just sucks for the lowlevel players whose allies only know how to charge in (or flee), without understanding positioning. :p

7. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I'm low level, and i see people in crude awakenings who learn to stay by the pillar closest to the capture point to stay out of motar range, because hitting anything by it with motar is nigh impossible. Don't under estmate low level players, they're better than you think.

8. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

I'm surrounded by them. And not by choice.

Can you honestly say that MOST low level players are capable of this? one guy with the best idea on a team with 4 idiots will lose to a team of 5 with the wrong idea, but who stick together, 90% of the time. The problem is not that individual players are incapable of doing smart plays like that. Its that they don't know (how) to work together so that they compound their advantages, making a lot of games feel like die rolls. Sure, individual low level players are better than you might assume, but the vast majority prefer to take long walks around unimportant obstacles and focus tanks. Even one person abandoning the team to explore the map will lose you a match, if your allies can't coordinate with them.

9. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Oh, ok. Tbh, the thing that one person wanders off and loses the match for you happens a lot for me, but somtimes the enemy just doesn't get their act together, and the guy who goes alone will die but everyone else wins on our team.

P.S. I said nothing about most people, I just meant some.

10. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

I see 1500 infamy players charging into 1v3, 1v5

11. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Wow. Sometimes people never learn.

Razerx100 likes this.
  12. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Mostly these people are Defenders. They think they are immortal.

13. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Actualy, I do this somtimes, but without noticing. I just an not thinking when I do it.

14. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Well they get melted real quick

15. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

They don't. Watch 3:25 it's how OaTo Wdk does the defender charge rouge, survives and gets a few kills.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2017
  16. Cool Penguin

Cool Penguin Member

Or only have mid- to close-range weapons and can't sit back with the rest of team randomly spamming mortars and torpedos. (Can you tell I'm getting a bit frustrated here? :D)

Matthew Bluck likes this.
  17. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

Same, defenders are supposed to act as a meat shield with 3 weapon slots that have massive health and good damage

18. Jillycut

Jillycut Member

Then you got the maps that have partial roof areas and pillars that will block mortars. This is a pro and a con for both teams. I wouldn't mind seeing a map With just straight open water, no where to hide. Or another map of the same variety with a very low ceiling. Perhaps a capture the flag mode be fun but now I'm getting off subject. I found the best mix of weapons are short to mid range.

19. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Don't worry. You mortar users get Chill Zone..

20. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

I swear somegamea my mk 3 foxer can barerly manage 600 damage with my firw bombs cuz my team always wants to go toward areas that prevent mortar shots