1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Who else hate the Anti Mortar maps?

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by Razerx100, 14 May 2017.

1. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Hello.
    Man, I'm so pissed about Damage Depot or Destruct 9. I don't remember which one but if you start on the bottom side team, you'll engage enemies while under a broken Fuel Station.
    Most frustrating thing is you can't use mortar from there and enemies can :(
    Then Crude Rising and Fight House?
    Those frigging maps are like anti mortar zone. I really hate those maps man, I lose a lots of DPS without dem Mortar Shells

PØW likes this.
  2. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

That could be stressful but I would recommend to don't rely on mother's for you main DPS like there ships you could install two weapons which could surpass the DPS the motar

3. Cap'nKeeb

Cap'nKeeb New Member

I'm not even a mortar man but I feel you, bro. I love Destruct 9, although Crude Awakenings is my least favorite. It has the capture zone underneath a shell with tunnels to and fro.

Epekka and Oldmandragon like this.
  4. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

I've Sniper, Standard Cannon and Standard Mortar. My main DPS is Sniper I guess. But still mortar has AoE and highest DPH.
    Also on those maps, Mortars are basically useless. So, a slot worth of weapon without any damage. Really frustrating
    Today on Destruct 9 all enemies went under the Tunnel connecting the Capture area, we were capturing. They clumped together but still couldn't use Mortar cuz all of them were in tunnel. Though they had to eventually come out to stop capture, and then we rain hellfire upon them and went 0-5 xD
    I really love those moments, when some guy is behind so many walls you need make a long turn but then you launch a mortar instead and off to Davey Jones locker they go . Also it's a such great zoning tool, you can launch it in front of an enemy to either make them take full damage or stop on their track.

Anyway, imo The Best mortar map is Chill Zone lol. Whether enemies flank from behind or not, you'll sure see an Epic Mortar fight on Chill Zone

5. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

Mortars are alright but I wouldn't stack a ship with more than 2 mortars, otherwise you're an easy target for a pesky speeder/enforcer.

-WinkleBerry5

Razerx100 likes this.
  6. Cheysbabe

Cheysbabe New Member

Manager @ Dominos
    I feel the hate man I do but know the weak points. You can still drop a mortar on the edge of their cover. Just have to draw them to the edge first. My hate comes from when I'm under the cover not when they are. I use an epic standard mortar and an uncommon big berta with an epic cannon so trust me I lose way to much dps just using that cannon and I reciprocate your hate. They should have perks that lower the height of mortar shells

7. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Yeah. If you can't drop freely, they'll most likely not hit. I mean I know about the edges. So I've replaced the mortar with a second sniper xD. You can now call me the Sniper guy lmao

• Percy • likes this.
  8. Weaponizer

Weaponizer Member

I think you should've used a Blast Cannon instead of having two Sniper Cannons.

9. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Too slow. So don't like it

10. Koosta

Koosta New Member

They have the same Cool Down, so it's not too slow

11. Weaponizer

Weaponizer Member

Why not Explosive Cannon then?

12. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Minus the range and accuracy.

Razerx100 likes this.
  13. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

On the subject, it is good these levels exist. People need a risk for choosing mortar. It really is op in certain ways, but not really because of solely the map chance.

Matthew Bluck and TheRedSpeeder like this.
  14. Chad Iyet

Chad Iyet New Member

OMG I hate that map at the bottom left corner (I forget what it's called but still), Literally if you are anywhere BUT the inside capture zone area, then ur mortar is basically useless.
    What I've found in general, for dealing with enemies in Anti-mortar maps, your whole team has to go into the center, so that the enemy has to come out of their little tunnels and shit and face you head on. Once that happens you and ur team can easily lob mortars at them and shoot them because they will be coming straight for you so it is predictable pathing too.

15. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

My imfamy has droped from 181 to 63 because of these anti moatar maps. DIE CRUDE AWAKENINGS!!!!!

3XCIT3D likes this.
  16. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

your infamy is extremely voliate when you have less than, say, 600 infamy. Honestly, you shouldn't be worrying about rankings at that level, I just played my best and I was at 400 infamy in three days.

17. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

Yeah, I agree to the general topic. It's reeeaaallly annoying when you can't use mortars on key positions and your DPS drops heavily because the map devs thought it would look cool to have an archway there, etc.

18. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

I meant projectile speed. Not Cooldown. Sniper has second fastest base projectile at 40 after Frost Blaster at 50 I think.
    I'm using double Sniper Now. Wanna change one but not sure what. I can't use Torpedos for some reasons and Mortars aren't reliable.
    I'm around 1300, constantly going up and down and then up again lol. So, focusing on saving for MK4

19. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

I think people are forgetting that certain maps should pose a risk. Mortars are way too op. Click and fire is ridiculous. Choose. Abetted location on the map if you're having issues.

Matthew Bluck and DB_ like this.
  20. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

I don't use mortars so I LOVE anti mortar maps that way I can hide and shoot people who only having mortar.
    P.S if you see a shooter or any ship with loads of mortars go close ranged on them so they can't hit you with their mortars.

Matthew Bluck and Shooter@Bay like this.