1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is the best MK5 ship ?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aswin, 12 Apr 2018.

1. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

I know it's up to personal preference and play style, but just curious to hear your opinion. I used to play speeder up to MK4. Now at MK5 playing Defender for a Verity what's your suggestion for me ( picking the boat ) shall I pick enforcer ? I don't have much other weapons. What about shooter? Thanks in advance Screenshot_Battle_Bay_20180412-153925.png

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

For increasing infamy(mk5)
    Here is the order ( descending)
    Fixer
    Shooter
    Defender/enfo/speeder

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Enfo is my fave mk5, tied with speeder. Defender is second, sadly.

The Otherguy, PallabKumarS and Aswin like this.
  4. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

1. Fixer
    2. Shooter
    3. Defender
    4. Speeder
    5. Enforcer.

I'm a mk5 enforcer at 3400 infamy.

5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

It might be your favorite, but Enforcer is one of the worst Mk5 ships. Can't double bubble, can't equip big shield. It is better than it used to be because Enforcers are the meta.

Shooter and Fixer are the best two Mk5 ships. It used to be Speeder, but it took a huge hit with the Tesla Bolt and EC nerfs.

Speeder is next. Defender and Enforcer are right there at the bottom together.

Mk5 Enforcer really depends on the setup. If the Enforcer is running a standard shield at Mk5, they are better than the Defender. But it is a waste of resources to level a standard shield for an enforcer because you are just going to ditch it for a big shield at Mk6. I ran a bandage on mine because I use all 3 on my Mk6 speeder.

Lil_Torta and Aswin like this.
  7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Fixer is definitely the best setup Mk5 ship. It already has all of its blue slots, yellow slots and green slots. And many Fixers run the same green items on Mk5 as they do through Mk7. The only thing that Mk6 gets you is more health and the extra gun (which usually just is another distraction for fixers). Fixer has a good argument for the top Mk5 ship.

8. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Speeder was never the best mk5 ship it was balanced and was 2nd best ship right along side shooter.
    Fixer mk5 has always been the best ship to climb infamy.

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

@CaffeinatedChris Wow, that is impressive. Do you fleet often or got there solo?

10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Joined my guild around the 3000 mark I believe, pretty much a 50/50 mix of fleeted and not. As a fun note, the final win that pushed me into Nightmare was against two guildmates. ;)

Even with going Mk6 and cutting over to an Epic pulse I haven't been able to push much further than that though. Happy enough to have said I made it. (And get the tasty rewards!)

Fixer is definitely an over-performing boat at Mk5, as the devs can attest to with data. It has the highest average infamy and IIRC the largest Nightmare population of the Mk5s. @Help I Cant Swim spoke accurately as to the reasons - 90% of our kit is already in place, save for the folks that switch to double-pulse. Although that means the upgrade to Mk6 doesn't really bring a huge boost, other than more HP and a second weapon.

NoTtIaN and The Otherguy like this.
  11. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

Pretty much have no heeling items , and trained Feelix just up to level 12. Does it take a lots of time/work to get to the point that I can contribute to battle and suggest me some items too..

12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

To add to this... from what I've seen, teams that have the only Fixer win more often than not. I'm sure people are going to argue against this, but I think everybody would rather be on the team with a Fixer rather than against them. That has to be for a reason.

So if you play Fixer, you are obviously going to see these games more than the other ships, which could be the reason why the Mk5 Fixer is overachieving.

You do have to weigh the higher average infamy for Fixers against having a lower farming rate. So I guess it all balances out in the end.

Lil_Torta likes this.
  13. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

The new achievements made making a new Fixer pretty easy. 10mil fixing comes a lot faster than 10mil damage (unless you are using multiples). So you could prolly work towards running 3x legendaries. My favorite Fixer setup (for a teammate) is Pulse + double Bolt. It provides steady healing and lots of quick, ranged healing. But there are plenty of possible and effective setups. Just use what you are given by RNGesus. Doubling up on Bolt/Box/Tape can help you get to that legendary faster and then I'd switch to double of something else so you can get all 4 legendary green items.

Aswin and The Otherguy like this.
  14. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

Thanks! I may give it a shot ASAP.

15. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

@Help I Cant Swim has very good suggestions, as usual. Pulse + Bolt is definitely the best place to start from as a Fixer; keep your Uncommon Bolt even after you get a Rare, as you'll want to run the double-Bolt setup most likely right up until Mk6 as it offers fantastic healing output. Weapons you can focus less on, but I'd suggest a long-range weapon like the Sniper Cannon, a "fire and forget" like Firebomb/Torpedo, or an area-control one like Mine/Napalm. The idea is to focus on healing first, and be able to quickly pop off a shot when your Bolt(s) are on cooldown.

At higher infamy yes, the team tends to stick together in a fleet and protect the Fixer. But at lower levels, you'll often see two sets of two players jetting off by themselves, and the poor Fixer has to decide who to follow. 5v5 with a Fixer, you win - 5v3 you don't.

We're getting a little off-topic though from the overall thread - if we want to go deep into Fixer strats let's spin off a new thread and not crowd out the other ships, lest the Fixer get nerfed again ;)

16. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Recently got my Fixer to Mk5 so i'm loving it as hell.

In this battle, i did 17k healing. So it's just so awesome for new Mk5 player.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  17. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

stop.gif

18. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    i se flare, sniper, and swifty with telsa shield, overboost, turbo, and banage. somehow, i cant climb infamy
    I also use regular shield, big shield, bandage and turbo on defender, with sniper, swift, and railgun.
    Still cant climb infamy
    I think my items are 2 weak

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

From my opinion, fixer with Duct Tape, Repair Bolt and Repair pulse are the best set up for fleeting terms.

The Otherguy and NoTtIaN like this.
  20. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    goin' for the fightin' fixer ehh?