1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

When will the Nightmare Reset issue be addressed?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by envylife, 20 Jun 2018.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

NML Reset is still an issue all these months later. Any thought progress on this? I'm getting tired of artifically swinging my Infamy every two weeks...OUTSIDE of NML.

RACK STAR likes this.
  2. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Not today... It seems.

What's Up Player likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Man~ I got my leggy flare yesterday and now I can't level it beyond lv2 because I'm out of leggy parts, and the only reliable way to get leggy parts is getting to NML(since it has been months since I got leggy parts from the raffle lol).

Look, if devs are not going to address the NML reset issue, they should at least put up a new league from 3500-3999 and allow players in it to avail a small number of leggy parts per season. This is annoying.

4. envylife

The beginning of a season is a nightmare for everyone outside of NML. Devs? Please? There isn't a player in the bay who things NML Reset is a good idea.

Sidd gamer, JoshW and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Every two weeks...
    Screenshot_20181008-145943.png Screenshot_20181008-145005.png Screenshot_20181008-140213.png Screenshot_20181008-144010.png
    I think I'm just going to avoid infamy battles for the first week of every season and see what happens

Aether_Zero likes this.
  6. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Sidd gamer and JoshW like this.
  7. MGEV

MGEV Member

I am at lower league so I didn't know about this reset. Now I know about it, it's absolutely ridiculous. All other games encourage and reward player to go higher and higher, strive to be on top of everything. The devs of this game are unique.

Sidd gamer and RACK STAR like this.
  8. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Many games reset infamy, trophies, whatever each season .. clash of clans and clash royale as examples

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I don't play either Clash, so I don't know exactly how they reset trophies. These games are also 1v1, so you can matchmake much easier. Do you gain/lose trophies from winning or losing like in Battle Bay?

10. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Well Clash Royale made ranks/badges within last league. Like ranks within league. And at reset everyone resets to rank intial point instead of league initial point.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. envylife

The NML Reset is causing even more issues with the 7 day events by taking away a larger chunk of the 2-week season from ranked play. It takes around 4 days for Infamy to re-settle after a NML reset, but if Events are bleeding into the season now we are looking at upwards of a week, or half the season with invalid Infamy numbers.

This can be fixed in so many ways... ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

12. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    GEAR LUBE AND RUDDR GOT REMOVED. First time Devs were wrong :) Oh wait.

Last edited: 29 Dec 2018
    Ultrah likes this.
  13. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Get rid of the reset and let it be no cap. Let players climb as high as they can and see where everyone will truly rise. Matchmaking needs to be re-designed too.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  14. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

The solution is simple...
    Step 1: Find the ideal number of players for quick matchmaking.
    Step 2: Once that number of players reaches over 4k raise the reset to that infamy.

For example: If the ideal number for matchmaking is 1000 and more than 1k players reaches let's say over 4500 infamy then the next reset will only bring them down to 4.5k. Then the next season over 1k players reach 5k and the reset is moved up to 5k. *These numbers are purely hypothetical.

This will have a few different positive results.
    High level players will be encouraged to continue pushing infamy.
    Top players won't continuesly push very good players into matches against less skilled players.
    There will always be a new goal to achieve so end gamers will have something to fight for.

benguin8, Sidd gamer, Flint and 4 others like this.
  15. envylife

Rovio.. don't forget to run the NML Reset tomorrow. 2 non-Event days this past season should be plenty of time for everyone's Infamy to re-stabilize to make the reset useful. :rolleyes:

16. envylife

Maybe v4.2 it'll be addressed?

17. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I think the infamy issue will be addressed with 4.2. Look like more infamy is going into the pool and let the reset takes care of the excess. Having reset at 5k and another NML is ideal at the same time. Lower players will feel more progression if that is what the devs been planning.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  18. envylife

Being that this thread was 6 months long it's worth offering some props to Rovio for implementing the 5k NML Reset. It will give some relief to Ace I, not to mention extra rewards for NML I.