1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

When Should Fixer Have Two Weapon Slots?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Ultrah, 31 Jul 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Currently for Fixers, we have to wait until we reach MK6 to get two weapon slots, but I'm finding it difficult to use any other weapon besides the Cannon.

Should we have to wait until we get all the way to MK6 to get another slot, or nah?

2. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Well, there are lots of 1 slot weapons which do more damage than a canon like Sniper cannon, LR mortar, mines, grenade launcher & Swift torpedo.
    U should try any of the above besides canon.

CrazyFixer likes this.
  3. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

While they do more damage per hit, I think that dps is what matters. Also, if they have higher dps, they tend to be harder to hit or have a long cooldown

Ultrah likes this.
  4. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Well, like i said in my first post, I've tried them.

5. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Sorry, my bad.
    Maybe u should try some other ship until u lvl up and go for mk6 fixer.

CrazyFixer and Ultrah like this.
  6. Flying Bananasaur

I think that mk5 is a good time to get another slot. But that would mean getting the third green slot at mk6. I would be fine with that actually.

Also, there is a difference between points and slots. Fixers get two red points at mk3(?) Which means I could use big torpedo or explosive cannon. A good reason not to is the same reason as stated above

7. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

I think MK 5 should be the point at which we get the 2nd weapon slot.

Ultrah likes this.
  8. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Simple, it should be 2 slots with 2 pts at mk 5 then at mk 6 it should get to that 2 slot and 3 pts as it is now :)
    Everyone would be happy as you could use one 2 pts weapon like napalm which is quite common now on fixers tbh. Or you could use carronade and sniper for example to cover your butt from opponents.

Last edited: 31 Jul 2017
  9. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

It's fine the way it is. I'd never take cannon on my (mk4) fixer. If it seems like the only choice to you, that's because of your personal preference.

10. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

What do you use on your Fixer? Struggling to start using a Epic lvl 8 Sniper now.

11. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

I was using a blast cannon for the longest time, then swapped out to a firebomb before the star balance update (now they are all over lol) it works well, it forces you to sit back and stay behind your teammates and if they have fire perks it's a win for them

12. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Sniper is actually what I use, rare lvl 21. I've seen fixers who do very well with mines though. I'd try it out if I had a decent one. But sniper's great.

13. Flying Bananasaur

I use blast rare level 30. I figured I didn't care about the longer cooldown as I'm supposed to be mostly healing anyway. Usually when I use it, I'm a finisher that tries to attack boats running away.

14. BlindMelon

BlindMelon New Member

Firebomb is a great compliment for a fixer.

15. JJf

JJf Member

I use rare lvl40 blast cannon or rare lvl40 explosive cannon on my mk5 fixer. Fire bomb or napalm launcher could be cool but haven't found them lately and earlier I scrapped them after trying to use them as shooter weapons. In my opinion the second slot at mk6 is fine. The fixer is made for fixing and adding more weapon slots would change the ship's class. There would be self-healing damage dealers which are impossible to sink. At the moment the fixers are difficult to sink but it's balanced with the lower damage. If you want to deal damage, get a shooter. If you like to support the damage dealers, be a fixer.

It's of course about playing style, too. If the fixers could deal more damage, they could go solo. Now they need to be more a part of the team. It means more strategy and less solo heroes. For me the team play makes battle bay a good game.

Ultrah likes this.
  16. murius

murius New Member

Mk5 would have been enough. The problem I see still, are fixers equipping duct tape to their mk4 and below. Fixers job is to keep the team a float. Many times I have thrown one last repair box or mine and taken the torpedo hit. For my weapons i switch between mines and fire bomb. The problem is you never know when the other team is going to take the battle to you or is it going to be a distance fight. I can't wait to have a mk6 to be able to equip both!!

CaffeinatedChris and Ultrah like this.
  17. Poupichou

Poupichou Member

All is balanced right now. No change needed.
    Mk6 for 2 slots is the perfect Time.
    Just play and have fun.