1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

When Do You Scrap Weaker Items?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by fr4nk1yn, 23 Sep 2017.

1. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I'm finally getting some dups. FINALLY! still need a few rare sniper though.

• I scrapped my t3 uncommon tesla bolt when the t2 rare leveled to the same strength, Well not actually I ran dual bolts for awhile.
    • I now have enough dups for a t2 epic explosive cannon to replace my t4 uncommon.
    • I have enough for a t2 rare Big Bertha to replace the t3 uncommon.
    • Same for t3 rare fire bomb replacing t3 firebomb.
    • I have one epic frost blaster but have only taken one of the 3 rares to lvl7.

Do I wait until I level up the replacement? Or make room and get the resources? The ones I listed are not being actively used at the moment.

2. Clewtr25

Clewtr25 Member

Personally I would level the rare frost blaster until you get another epic one, a T3 rare has more damage/Higher stats than a T1 epic, plus you get an extra perk slot.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  3. fr4nk1yn

I actually have 2 frost blaster. I meant to type launcher

I think my uncommon explosive cannon is on the chopping block next.

4. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

Ex. I have an Uncommon Blast Cannon T3 but can easily got to T5 (because I have all the duplicates needed)....I also have one rare Blast cannon T1 (no extra copies). But I won't scrap my uncommon until...my rare blast cannon does more damage than the maximum range of my uncommon blast cannon.
    When is it okay to scrap.....honestly whenever you want just note it would take a while to make a new one.
    Last, point to consider you may want to use it on another ship you want to try out...so you don't have to constantly swap weapons around.

Last edited: 24 Sep 2017
    fr4nk1yn and ~CanadianGoddess~ like this.
  5. fr4nk1yn

I've been using other ships for storage but I'm now out. I'm going to have to spend 360 for 5 slots or scrap these weak items. I already scrapped the weaker dups I was going to lvl up on

6. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    The slower you scrap, the less you regret it.
    P.S. :(:mad::(:oops::confused::mad::( etc, etc... You get the point.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Tier 1 rare > tier 2 uncommon
    Tier 2 rare > tier 3 uncommon
    Tier 3 rare > tier 4 uncommon
    Tier 4 rare > tier 5 uncommon

Change to rare when you have a tier 3 rare

Tier 1 epic > tier 2 rare
    Tier 2 epic > tier 3 rare
    Tier 3 epic > tier 4 rare
    Tier 4 epic > tier 5 rare

Change to epic when you have a tier 3 epic

Clewtr25, fr4nk1yn and The Otherguy like this.
  8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Scrap uncommons as soon as you have a rare imo... if you're an active player it's easy to get rares and leveling up uncommons is just a waste of resources. You don't get everything back when you scrap, a lot of parts (and sugar) are lost that you could have put into a rare.

Gipsy Danger Jaeger likes this.
  9. MrSpy720

MrSpy720 Active Member

You might be able to do much more damage now using high level uncommons but as you start reaching higher infamy you will see that uncommons are not good enough going against rares and epics and you will be stuck in your progress. So it's better to invest time and resources in rares and epics rather than in uncommons which will be of no use to you in near future.

10. disorder

disorder Active Member

when you rare is T2 go rare.. at least you can put 2 perk it change evrything

11. fr4nk1yn

I had a hard time starting out getting the rares I needed. I don't think in general uncommons are bad.
    But I wouldn't suggest building a t4 uncommon when you have enough for a t2 rare.
    I didn't so I have the t3 uncommon firebomb and my t3 Tesla bolt served me very well.