1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best Mk 4 ship?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by David Bonaparte, 29 Jun 2017.

1. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

^ See title. I already got a Mk 4 Shooter, so that's out of the equation, though I'd be happy to know how you guys think it compares as well.

I'm patient enough now, to save up for all of the Mk 4 Ships, and I'm able to use all of them at varying levels. So this is more about finding the more useful ships first. I saw a video from Genki Gamers, and I think he said that the ships all become distinctly powerful at Mk 4+, but I would like to see other opinions too. Even from ones below my 1200 Infamy :D

My observation is that the speeder Meta that took hold in the high elos never worked out well here - people didn't have the item slots or skill to pull those off consistently. So really, I guess its mostly down to what turns out to be more useful in matches in the long run.

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Mk 4 speeder and enforcer are great. So many strategies and combinations you can do with them.

David Bonaparte likes this.
  3. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Mk4 speeder crushes at 1200 with the right gear.
    Flare and blast with fire perks
    Or
    Frost and torp with dmg
    Or, anything really

Learn to terrorise, do the unexpected, rush, hit a Tesla Shield (even post nerf, still ok) or double tesla bolt.
    It all works

Personally though, id try to 1 main 1 ship first. Get your skils up, get to 1900 or so which is achievable for all, past that gets tricky and will require proper skill or cash in current meta.
    Fixer nerf will drop a lot of 2k+ fixers too imo

4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I have a friend whos going up and down from 2300-2500 with mk4 speeder. He uses lvl 30 rare sniper and cannon. Lvl 20 rare overboost and lvl 10 rare nitro. Turbo and bandage.

I am currently going up and down from 1600-1800 using lvl 25 rare sniper with a 25% chance to crit and level 21 explosive cannon. Lvl 22 uncommon (don't judge) overboost. And a lvl 4 (don't judge) tesla bolt. With turbo and bandage.

I personally think it is a great ship with practice but not so overpowered because we all have those games we die so fast it should be considered suicide.

5. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

you guys both have good points. I might "main" one ship just so I can get my items up on par with the others - I only have one used weapon past level 10, and I tend to have allies with plenty of Mk 2s and 3s. :/