1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What to focus on?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Josovo, 18 Mar 2018.

1. Josovo

Josovo New Member

Hi guys,

So I am still fairly new to the game and I thought it was time to gain some advice from the more experienced players.
    So in the attachment is my loadout and equipment. I like to play with the shooter and kind of play from far away, mid range and close range. I like to be versatile. Hence the use of carronade.

Now I feel like I still get out gunned a lot and want to know what changes I should make in preparations of mid and late game.

I hear the normal mortars and cannons are fairly weak late game. Should I switch? Use the blast cannons or even other weapons? Please also be realistic in your suggestion. I am still a newbie ;)

Regards, Josovo.

Attached Files:

2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    First, carronade is meant for speeders, not shooters. Replace your carronade with a blast or explosive cannon, or even torpedo

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  3. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

From my experience, in mk 1 - mk 3/4 ships i prefer faster reload weapon. Then in mk5 i prefer higher damage weapon (especially for shooter) because reload time would not matter much.

4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Last edited: 18 Mar 2018
  5. Babablacksheep

Good end game weapons underestimated by beginners --
    1) Missiles
    2) naplam
    3) Railgun
    3) Swift torpedo

6. Josovo

Josovo New Member

Thanks for all the answers so far guys. So, for now I should ditch the standard cannon and replace it with the blast cannon in my inventory?

Maybe it is easier to ask for weapons to avoid either because they are better suited for other boats or because they have a better similar weapon. (Like blast or ex cannon would surpass standard cannon)

As there are plenty of weapons, ruling some out will make it easier to find my own viable loadout.

7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    What if the mortar, cannon, and swift torpedo is the best setup? What if you had the best from the start?

8. Josovo

Josovo New Member

I dont see how this relates to my exact question. But thanks for the input nontheless.

9. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

Replace that carronade with swift torp ,bcuz it isn't powerful till you unlock its 6, 7 projectiles

10. Josovo

Josovo New Member

Mine is currently at 6 projectiles already :)
    Maybe just switch it out but keep it for later when i can level it up further?

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Until the first trainings arrive, standard cannon is your best option. Sniper cannons all the way after that. Mid&long range? I wouldn't recommend the blast cannon, it conflicts with the sniper cannon in terms of training.

Flaregun is not for you unless you go more midrange, which of course(as you might know by now) is bad for shooters unless you have heavy armor.

Firebomb is great later, but for now, it's no more than fancy fireworks.

Carro, again, very good in the lategame. @BITTERSTEEL uses it. Not yet though. I read @SupremeCalamitas post just now, carronade is not a speeder-only weapon, rather it works awesomely on shooters, defenders, enfos and fixers(you know, it rips speeders apart).

As I think @yellowocean said in his post, you need to be versatile as a shooter, have a weapon for every situation. Above water(mortars), skimming the water(cannons) and underwater(torps). Adopt this doctrine, you'll go places. 600+ on a mk2? You're ALREADY going places;)

Fair winds!

Taevion0 and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  12. Babablacksheep

Absolutely Wrong, been using firebomb since i started playing .. Its the best beginners weapon according to me

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Actually, you don't support the team that much, fire damage is good and all, but it doesn't really help the team in the league he plays in. Master 3-2-1 is a different story. (I'm talking burn damage perks and talents).

14. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

oh ok
    Keep it for later ,bcuz you wont be able to get close enough to use it even at your infamy;)

15. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Literally all about the weapons you like, crew development, ship and the strength of your items. Just note, we can influence your decisions for your items and combos but in the end you make the choices. :)

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  16. Josovo

Josovo New Member

As always in every game, I am very aware of this. But I also know there are always a few things that are not recommended. Like in a shooter it is not recommended to run around with just a pistol and a grenade, even though it can be done and enjoyable for a while.

I made another account just so i can easily get my hands on a wide variety of weapons to test. I do already like the sniper cannon, railgun and flare so far.

17. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Hope I can also give you some tips. Welcome to the Battle Bay :)

To prepare for end game, it's very important to know what slots you actually have available in those mk5/6 ships. For detailed info about ship slots for each tier, read this Reddit post.

Now let's think what weapons / items are good for high level ships. You said you want to be a shooter so I'll focus on that here.

Important thing to have as a shooter is to have enough versatility in your weapon arsenal. You need to be able to shoot from far, mid and close ranges. Usually the end game shooters prefer to keep some distance to the enemy so out of 5 weapons it's good to have at least 3 that can be used at med to long range, 1 for med range and 1 for short range. Some weapons (such as sniper) can be used at all ranges of course. You may also bring more than one of each weapon if that's possible (you've got enough duplicates).

Weapons you might want to use as a mk6/7 shooter - if you get one of these, don't scrap!
    - Sniper cannon (short to long range)
    - Blast cannon (short to med range)
    - Explosive cannon (short to med range)
    - Railgun (med to long range)
    - Missiles (med to long range)
    - Fire bomb (med to long range)
    - Flare gun (short to med range)
    - Big torpedo (short to long range)
    - Swift torpedo (short to long range)
    - Napalm (med to long range)
    - Long range mortar (med to long range)
    - Mine (short range)
    - Carronade (short range)

Important Blue items for Mk6/7 shooters:
    - Turbo (mandatory)
    - Big shield (also mandatory)
    - Bandage (useful but not mandatory)
    - Small shield (useful but not mandatory).

Finally here's my own Mk6 shooter setup in the spoiler:
    IMG_20180313_203602.png

18. Josovo

Josovo New Member

Thanks so much. This post helped me out big time in giving me a better understanding of the situation and recommandations late game.

Now just grind grind grind and hope to get some good weapons along with duplicates to level them haha.

19. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I'm going to selfishly give myself a plug here...

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads...garding-item-selection-and-progression.17581/

If you can read my entire guide, then do it. It'll give you more than just what weapons to choose. It gives the most efficient way to gain a viable mid-late game setup. The basics of it for a shooter are to use Uncommon weapons and then Rare/Epic blue items. Leveling Uncommons is cheap and you will eventually unlock the Legendary for free.

As far as weapons... Sniper Cannon is the main weapon of almost every top-ranked shooter. Swift Torpedo is absolutely awesome if you learn how to hit consistently. Sifa's setup is just about the perfect setup. I might swap the missiles for another sniper, a mine, an explosive cannon or a big torp. Missiles are just too unpredictable for me.

There really are a lot of different weapons and setups that can be viable. That is why my guide is helpful. You can basically pick exactly what you want to play with... do lots of damage and unlock the Legendary eventually. And in the meantime, you can save whatever epics that you are lucky enough to get and then decide what setup you can build from there.

20. Josovo

Josovo New Member

You may. That also helped quite a bit but was a little too overwhelming at first as it is pretty detailed and therefor alot to take in.

Help I Cant Swim likes this.