1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What the infamy awards should look like..

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by BasedCarpen, 30 Sep 2017.

1. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

I’m not defending those who afk/suicide, but when you use a system that punishes these players, at the same time this system is also punishing the players who fight as hard as the top damage dealers. As what I said earlier:
    yellow boats/fixer who deal lesser damage but contribute through yellow/green items are ranked lower than the top damage dealers if they get the same number of stars. It’s unfair for them to receive lesser infamy because the ranking is based on damage done (in situation when the number of stars is the same).

D3X likes this.
  2. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

What about this senario...I use my fire weapon to deal the death dealing blow...but another ship comes in when the unfriend is still alive and steals the kill...I think fire damage awards should be left alone or they will have to adjust for when the total fire damage would have destroyed the target without assistance.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2017
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

This kind of system has already been discussed, and I think it would cause more problems than it solves. It unfairly favours shooters, and players with bigger tech, while other ships get the lowest rewards when they win and the biggest punishment when they lose (seriously -36 infamy?).

However, I do think there could be improvements to the infamy system, to make it award differently in certain situations.

For example, having a smaller drop for teams that lose 5-4. If the game was close enough to end up in a 1v1, then I don’t see much wrong with giving the losing team -12 instead of the full -24.

I also think that if you’re a non-fixer and you did zero damage, and your team lost, then you definitely did something very wrong (floating, suiciding, etc...). In those situations, it might be appropriate to give the player a bigger drop (-36), or maybe give their teammates a slightly smaller drop (though that might be exploitable).

In cases where you’re the last ship remaining and you manage to win, despite being outnumbered. I don’t think it would be unreasonable to get a bit of bonus infamy (though hp should be a consideration).

4. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I disagree, I use fixer and speeder who heavily relies on frost launcher assisting my team. If anything currently healing and freezing is weighted too heavily against actual damage delivered. I haven't played Firebombs after the new update so I'm not sure if that's nerfed enough but it was weighted too heavily as well.

But it's still more fair than awarding dead wood the same as people who carry the whole team by themselves

5. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Also as speeder I do things to help my team that can not be quantified, speeding behind enemy lines or peaking around corners to put eyes on them and reveal their location to a fleet ready to fire mortars, or often rush to assist people in one on one to keep them alive and going, Defenders often run out in front and take fire to keep their weaker fleet from being targeted. I get it, there is no perfect way to weigh contribution, that's why the winning team should get rewarded better; however I could not think of a worse way than the current system. It would make sense if we could choose teams but we can not so individual performance has to be rewarded somehow.

6. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    How about this: anyone who contributes gets +24 infamy in a winning match and anyone who doesn't contribute at all in a winning match,(aka: floaters, seal clubbers, and suicidals), gains 0 infamy

7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    -_-
    I've dealt 0 dmg once, because everyone was focused on me, and I was so busy punching Ob and shield I never got a shot off. Then when I go to safety with 100 health. BOOM! swift torp in the back.
    My team almost won...

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Only once? That happens to me like once a day :oops:

Snapshot and The Otherguy like this.
  9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Imagine what your proposed system does at high level. It will heavily inflate infamy for the top players, giving the matchmaking an even more impossible task than it has now.

It will also make life significantly worse for the mk5 players between 3 & 4k. They play at least half their games with Nightmare players, how fun do you think winning 12 & losing 36 is going to be?

I can understand why the people who think they lose because of teammates Will suggest and support this, but it would have some hefty negative consequences for 3k+ play. And it would degenerate teamplay even further than the last patch, tldr: No thanks to less empasis on teamplay.

10. MrSpy720

MrSpy720 Active Member

Maybe we can have infamy based on stars.
    In wins
    +24 to 3 stars
    +22 to 2 stars
    +20 to 1 star
    +0 to 0 star

In loss
    -20 to 2 stars
    -22 to 1 star
    -24 to 0 star

Stars already capture all types of contribution a player makes, so debiting/crediting infamy based on stars would be fair for all. What you guys think of it ?

Disguised, The Otherguy and Uerguy like this.
  11. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    I think it seems fair. I've actually had plenty of matches where a fixer does 0 damage, but gets 3 stars because he/she was awesome at healing others.

Neptune_Gaming and The Otherguy like this.
  12. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

This one makes the most sense to me, because it has logical numbers for each case.

13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    Just today had a game which had Don't Aim on my side we won and just got 16+:(

14. Try to win nubs

Try to win nubs Member

Hahahahahaha if u dont like the ideia.. thats ok but.. dont say what you dont know.. i hate when i see defenders or fixers "capturing" for nothing and then everyone need to have 5x4 then everyone looses.. but... Even with 3x5 or 4x5 someone will get 2 stars.. so... Why he will loose the infamy like the nub who was capturing?

15. KRN Nomad

KRN Nomad Member

I say leave the current +19 ~ +24 for winning side & lessen the negative numbers on losing side based on contribution. Ex) 2 stars -10, 1 star -20, 0 star -24

16. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is tough to get 2 stars on a losing side

17. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

based on this, I think that infamy should be awarded based on your contrebution, not your ranking on the board at the end of the fight.
    so, if you try and try but get on the bottom of the board at the end, you would get proper infamy.
    Also, I think badges should help decide infamy if my methoid gets inplimanted.

18. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    In fact if I remember it right in the beta stage (when fusing system was a thing) The infamy reward system is like this but somehow before global launch its changed sadle

19. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Interesting thought. That might well help solve the match making and infamy problem I'm currently experience. Right now the infamy system will raise me WAY TOO HIGH for my gear. But when I get into those higher echelons I'm predictably 0 or 1 stars most of the time. I'd love to earn less infamy in those cases because it might mean I can stop deliberately losing to manage my infamy.

20. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Maybe it would be good if the system also counted how much damage you took in the battle. That would help defenders, as they usually can't do much damage with just three weapons, and they don't have yellow items. Idk though :p