1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What should be done with sniper? Poll

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 1 Feb 2018.

?

What should be done to Sniper Canon

1. Decrease critical chance

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. Decrease critical dmg

12 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Decrease critical dmg and inc.base dmg

6 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Decrease critical chance and inc. base dmg

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. Decrease critical chance with closer it comes

14 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. Spread the Talent Tree

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
  7. Leave it Alone

53 vote(s)
    49.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Where is this idea coming from, that you should be able to take down an 8k shooter, using Sniper?

I run Blast and Explosive Cannon, and I often struggle to kill 4k shooters, with all the damage they put out.

If you’re killing 8k shooters with your sniper, then I think you need to check your privilege.

2. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Ohh...so are you angry because i didn't remember that you are a shooter...my bad lol

3. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

4. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    BF6D6693-BDCD-475F-9212-13B61B3D392B.png
    I have played with that guy many times, i reached 4000 with only the blast cannon. And i do consider myself a skilled player, and at least a good aimer.

The Afenogaster likes this.
  5. DragonLegend

Its not about that bro...read again
    He said he said it doesnt matter crit. Or not When going against 8k shooter

6. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Agreed and no offence meant. :oops:

I'll be on the lookout for that name on the bay if we play against each other someday.

One question though, no sniper? :eek:
    Almost every shooter has one be it rare or epic. If anyone hits you you won't be able to hit them back. If you use a sniper you will be killing ships.

7. A55A51N

Student
    Yeah
    Well i never started building a rare sniper, because i thought that i wouldn’t change my setup :(
    And i have never found an epic one thanks to RNGesus:mad:

The Afenogaster and _devill like this.
  8. ViscountSniffit

But that’s the same for BC and ExC.

When my primary weapon was a rare Blast Cannon, it felt like an exercise in futility going up against shooters. I’d often need to land 10+ shots to whittle them down, while they were able to kill me in 2-3.

That’s half the reason I post in these topics, because all those big shooters were running sniper. Which turned an unfair match-up into an impossible one.

StrictSalmon307 and A55A51N like this.
  9. DragonLegend

The Whole Matchmaking System is broke...
    Maybe because you get hit less by others weapons than sniper as a speeder..but for me all those weapons are op. I go against mk6 with tier 5 epic weapons, I m gonna die as mk5 rare user.
    As for sniper I don't get hit by it too much and at close range ec n bc scare me more. Speeder are hard to hit by those at close range, maybe thats why your problem is just sniper. And carronade is not popular for a reason.
    Sniper is a versatile weapon thats why it is being used so much not because its op.

_devill likes this.
  10. A55A51N

Student
    And that’s exactly the reason why it needs to be nerfed! It’s too versatile without major drawbacks!
    Arc
    - still better than in railgun, its biggest rival
    Not consistent damage
    - sure, but in the long run surpasses every other cannon
    So do you finally see our point? Because those 2 drawbacks are meaningless when compared to sniper’s abilities.

StrictSalmon307 and Zachiderp like this.
  11. DragonLegend

That arc makes all the difference in those huge waves. And its lesser than all other weapons except railgun which put hell lot more damage and have unlimited range
    And
    Inconsistent damage also matters because in real scenarios only few shots matters not long run.
    Blast and ec still be close range king. And rail gun and missile can out damage sniper in long range.
    Sniper is like jack of all trades. Well little better in long range offcourse.
    If you ever actually use it, you will know.
    I do suggest you exp. Sniper side before coming to conclusion to nerf it.

12. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

The obvious drawback for me is that it's a weak weapon without crits. Weakest compared to most weapons at same level. As a sniper user running a speeder, sniper is meant for shooters who have other weapons to compensate for it's low damage. Other boats are just asking for trouble including mine unless there is an OP weapon on you boat to cover for the lack of damage hence my EC/BT is more effective.

And more obvious than that is the fact that you don't get matched to the same players in consistent games so there is always a chance that someone with sniper will crit on you. Even if you nerf crit percentage the chances of getting crit hits every match does not change as a lot of players use snipers.

The most obvious drawback for me is that the defence points render normal shots useless with ships having 50-150 or more defence points piled up on shields meaning even low damage every match.

And the worst drawback for me is that for almost every match most of the damage for me comes either from the BT or EC. Sniper doesn't cover half of it even when it crits multiple times and I don't have anything else to replace it with.

wtfack and Kalbs like this.
  13. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

It needs a nerf. I have used it as well as the other cannons and railgun and missle launcher. Take into account that both railgun and missle launcher are 2 point weapons and sniper is a one point weapon. Sniper is way too good once you get it to even 15% crit chance. You outrage EVERY weapon except the railgun (torpedoes if you wanna include them too) and waves won't matter from long range because as long as you have a level or higher ground than your enemy (even for a split second) you have an easy shot. The crit chance is ridiculous but the crit DAMAGE is atrocious.

Last edited: 4 Feb 2018
  14. ViscountSniffit

The Speeder has quite a low turret, so ‘generally’ speaking, the arc on Blast isn’t enough to consistently clear waves. I usually won’t fire unless I have a straight shot, as it’s too much risk. So in practical terms, the arc doesn’t mean too much.

Projectile speed means a lot though. When I’ve run standard cannon on my Defender, there is pretty much zero risk of missing because of the vertical movement of waves. That’s a big problem with Blast and Explosive, and drives your accuracy way down.

What’s worse, that movement gets bigger the closer you are to the target, so even at point blank range, it’s easy to miss vertically.

You talk about consistency, but Blast doesn’t hit consistently. I’d much rather take the 400 damage from a non-crit sniper shot, than the zero damage from a complete miss with the Blast Cannon.

As for Railgun, it has a much longer cooldown. So for every Railgun hit you land, you can take two sniper shots, with a good chance of one being a crit.

I’ve actually got screen shots from a game I played against a speeder, running both weapons side by side (both t4 rares). The sniper hit more crits than the Railgun was able to fire shots, as well as an additional 3k in non-crit damage. And generally the sniper crits were bigger than the Railgun hits, because they are never reduced by range.

That kind of illustrates just how cheap the sniper is. Railgun is a two slot weapon, and the sniper outdamaged it (just on crits alone), for half the slot point cost.

How can it not be overpowered when it’s doing everything a Railgun can do (and more) for half the price?

LimeOnMars, Hokuse, A55A51N and 2 others like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

No, it isn't manipulation that is the issue. Its the trend that occurs as the direct result of it.
    Suppose you manipulate your infamy to stay in Master 2, but your gear is Ace 2 level. This is not factored by the system if I'm not wrong. This means that his entire range will be affected, since he isn't an isolated phenomenon. Due to the 800 restriction, many people are governing their infamy. This is affecting the weapon levels on an average needed to escape upper Master.

Now, I try to help every speeder I meet. This means I am in contact with many of these people who stay in Master 2. Rare t4s are now "common" in Master 2 from what I hear. That's one reason, and the other reason is that the players with good gear and bad aim are spreading into Master 2 as well.

A rare t4 sniper cannon deals a 1.1k crit on an average. The average mk4 speeder in the 1500s(these skilled people are slowly becoming a critically endangered species...) has 1.7k HP.

If they spread the tree like a blast or ex cannon to make it so that the sniper cannon reaches full power somewhere one-two levels behind t5, it'd be perfect to deter these people while not affecting upper Ace and NML at all.

Also, this "infamy governance" needs to stop. Some adjustments have to be made to the 800 rule.

16. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Lool, noice pun.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Someone got it, hey!

Disguised likes this.
  18. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    You realize that means 55% want some kind of change, right? Even if they don't all agree with what the change should be, the number of people who want a change is actually more than those saying leave it alone. You just stated evidence against yourself.

Zachiderp likes this.
  19. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

Imagine that we choose the president, and among the many candidates John Johnson (*leave it alone) is in the lead. But we take and put in a bunch of all the other candidates, except John Johnson, and say that John Johnson lost. Because there are more candidates if you put their votes together
    Convenient, is not it?))) you are aware that so no vote is not valid?)))

Last edited: 4 Feb 2018
  20. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Except that we're not voting for president. You're concluding that the majority don't want a change because the others can't agree on a change. There's really only 2 sides here, though, the poll is just more specific for people who do want a change because not wanting a change is a singular stance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.