1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What I have found about events so far..

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 26 Jul 2018.

1. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

1) Because you see someone occasionally attach a T1 leg or even a max rare in the top 25 of the leaderboard, does not mean they're using them in infamy matches. They're using them in events. Every match I play is in nightmare, but what do I know. You're soooooo right!

2) With the 4th perk slot on epics, there is no T1 legendary that is stronger than a L40 epic. But, obviously you didn't misread someone's comment again because that doesn't happen to the know-it-all!! My bad. You're right again!

3) Ok, let's say that you're right - despite all fact and evidence to the contrary - becauae you believe it so. How is it fair to match Banderas or another player with max legendaries against someone using the almighty END GAME T1 legendary?! His weapons are doing 33% more damage than max epics and 80% more damage than T1 legendaries. So how is that fair? Why should people have to deal with matches against someone that had weapons so much more powerful than their own? ... literally 80% higher than what you say is end game. So, if you're worried about fairness, should he only match others with max legendaries? Is that your expert opinion?

2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

1. I am kindly asking you to delete this, there is no point in offending others
    2. @What's Up Player and @Joey who said that t1L is stronger than lvl 40 epic (sorry guys), I don't have lvl 40 epic so I can't tell if it's, or not
    3. you think that everyone is lucky enough to have at least for identical epic perks? someone might lack the fourth perk (in any rarity), so then, there is no difference in perks
    What's Up Player's comment
    Joey who's comment
    I misread them? yes, Joey who said, that his lvl 10 leg bc did more damage than his lvl 40 epic bc and that's kinda similar to what What's Up Player said

I never said, that it's fair, however, you (and others matched against them) are as close as possible to them in terms of gear score, there are only few players with items strong as Banderas' items or AM's items so they should be excluded from rewards, you are the almighty NM player who deserves the best rewards, aren't you? then you need to prove, that you deserve them
    and it's as fair as NM in battles against mk2/3 or even mk4 players, but Banderas, AM etc. matched with NM players is intended state of the game, is it fair when they play against NM (and sometimes even high Ace players) in normal mode? simply, there are only few people with that strong gear and only high gear score players could defeat them
    btw how often do you meet Banderas, AM or anyone like them?

Last edited: 28 Jul 2018
  3. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I was talking about base damage only tho, @ShipCrusherCz. Extra perk makes T4 epic stronger than T1 legendary :)

4. xArrogance

Since your opinion is obviously more important than pesky little things like facts, how would you rate training - specifically?

When I equip a single max rare as my most powerful item to my tier 4 fixer, I am matched with all mk5s. If I equip a single high level epic or T1 legendary, my mk4 is matched with all mk6s.

So, since the developers have failed you so completely, and my power score is too low for your taste, how would you rate it?

You can see all the perks available to me. How much higher should my max captain gear score be weighted? Specifically.

As i said, you are clearly our resident expert. You clearly know how to do their job better than them. So what's the solution? And be specific.

5. xArrogance

Yeah, BASE damage -> before perks and crew bonuses are added .. hmm

6. xArrogance

You missed the most important part.

3) Ok, let's say that you're right - despite all fact and evidence to the contrary - becauae you believe it so. How is it fair to match Banderas or another player with max legendaries against someone using the almighty END GAME T1 legendary?! His weapons are doing 33% more damage than max epics and 80% more damage than T1 legendaries. So how is that fair? Why should people have to deal with matches against someone that had weapons so much more powerful than their own? ... literally 80% higher than what you say is end game. So, if you're worried about fairness, should he only match others with max legendaries? Is that your expert opinion?

How would a real expert, like yourself, fix this unfairness?

7. ShipCrusherCz

hmmm, I said before, that not all players with t4E have enough perks, give me proof, that all players with t4E have enough perks to fit their t4E to be stronger than t1E with three perks, until that moment, we are only talking about thoughts
    higher base damage+crew training=higher damage
    I know, that t4E with FOUR PERKS is stronger than t1L with THREE perks, but do all t4E have FOUR strong enough perks attached to them?

8. ShipCrusherCz

no, I didn't
    I said it, there is no chance to fix that, unless more players like Banderas appear, that's game economy/balance problem, not players intentionally exploiting the system

9. xArrogance

They fixed the perk weight .. it increases gear score by 8% for each epic perk you attach .. So you think this solution isn't fair? How would you fix this? How would you weight perks?

10. ShipCrusherCz

what? I said that perks increasing gear score by % is not fair, or what?
    I only stated (and you were not able to prove me wrong), that t1L items are better than lvl 40 epic items, if you are not lucky enough to have four, strong enough perks for your epic, that's all

11. xArrogance

So we have to live with facing competition that's 80% stronger as "that's just how it is," but people here are worried about facing higher captain level players with weaker weapons?

Interesting point of view.

And, you say exploiting. I say experimenting. Why should people be punished for experimenting?

How would you fix it specifically? How would you weight the captain level?

12. xArrogance

The weapon is weighted according to how many perks you attach. So there is no unfairness in my eyes. But I was curious how a prophet, such as you, Jesus, and Mohammad would see it unfair. You ask me to prove what 20,000+ other players are doing when only you have the all seeing powers to make anything you say appear as fact.

13. ShipCrusherCz

and what would you do with people like Banderas? forbid them entering events, just because they have too strong items? they use them on max MK of ship (at least what I saw, if not, then prove it) so they reduce the harm caused to the lower gear score players, if they equipped t5L items on mk6 (or even mk5) ship and somehow managed to get matched with normal mk6 (or even mk5) ships, that would be clearly BS, but the current state is the only possible
    as many people said before, leveling up all ships at once would be enough, sounds fair and is cheaper than leveling them up one by one
    "experimenting" with intention to farm coins much easier? that's why I call it exploiting, I am ok with high captain level players using lower level ships, untill they equip t5R/E or t1L or t2L items, that's not experimenting with ship, that you don't use, that's exploiting the fact, that devs allowed experimenting

14. ShipCrusherCz

you stated, that lvl 40 epics are stronger, because they have the all mighty fourth slot
    I stated, that t1L are stronger when you don't have all required perks for your epics (and btw leveling up epics requires loads of parts, sugar, gold etc., more than taking leggy to lvl 10)
    it's clearly your turn, I proved (even you agreed, that t1 leggy items have higher base damage than lvl 40 epics) you, that there is possibility, that t1L items might be stringer than lvl 40 epics, at the start, you stated, that t1L items are not end game, then why do they have higher base damage than lvl 40 epics, which are used in Ace and NM?

15. xArrogance

20180728_150821.png 20180728_150758.png

Here is the base damage you asked me to prove .. The epic also has 4 perk slots, compared to 3 ... for those that have enough perks (which is a problem according to the all-seer) .. the epic is still higher.

16. xArrogance

See above, all-seer!

You get to prove that they are stronger now.

17. ShipCrusherCz

you know, that t1L is not only lvl 1? you're kinda cherry picking
    and here we go again...the almighty fourth perk slot!:rolleyes:
    I never said that I see everything, nor that everyone has problem with perks, yet there are definitely some people with t4E items who don't have all four perks
    base damage difference is 56...are legendary items that shitty, tha they don't gain 56 base damage after their level was raised by for example 8 or 9? if yes, than no chance that Banderas' items are stronger by 80%
    and would you mind showing the gear score?

18. xArrogance

So now "seal clubbers" are using L10 legendary weapons to lower their gear score??? Because I have not seen any evidence of that.

I'm jumping through all the hoops here .. where's your evidence, all-seer?

19. xArrogance

I said his weapons are 80% stronger than T1 legendaries (that are apparently end game weapons according to the all-seer) .. they're only about 33% stronger than max epics.

20. ShipCrusherCz

again, why all-seer? I never said, that I see everything
    and now show the gear score of the lvl 40 epic with 3 epic and 1 leggy perk and the lvl 1 ex cannon
    maybe you don't pay attention to the forums, picked some example, some have lvl 10 leggy items or leveled them up, some are using lvl 1 because they're still strong enough to out-damage any lower rarity variont of the item brought in by the normal player
    Example3-Player2.png Example3-Player1.png Joe2.jpg Levran2.jpg KeepUp1.jpg IMG_20180728_210945_370.jpg