1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What does a legendary item actually cost? - CAD, USD

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Captain Gilligan, 2 Jul 2017.

1. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Thanks, it looks like you bought 7 pieces less for yours. If I get more examples from others I might be able to perfect the calculations :)

2. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

I would love to see some calculations from OP for upgrading epic weapons, which look much more achievable for anyone, f2p or p2p. XD

3. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    Put the maths simple and it costs you a leg and your left kidney..yes dont forget the right one too in case you get other colour piece

4. Captain Gilligan

I'll look into it, it's a little more difficult to calculate as epic items can be found a LOT more easily. Maybe you can make a post on it if you have the time ;)

5. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Might be as simple as dividing everything by 10... u get 1 legend part per 10 boxes and 10 epic parts simples?

6. Captain Gilligan

Possibly, if you only calculated the epic crates. If you wanted accurate results then you would have to consider all the other crates, season rewards, and shop prices. Things where legendary items can't be found (or are stupidly rare). (As I write this I'm wondering if I should include the seasonal legendary piece for players in the nightmare leauge...)

7. monobrow

Oh yeah, good point. Perosnally i seem to get an epic piece in shop once a week max (level 35) and obvs season rewards is 1 every 2 weeks, for most.

Divide by 10 probably "close enough" :)

8. Captain Gilligan

Lol, I'll start looking into it

9. BagAhBread™

BagAhBread™ New Member

There's no way im spending so much money on a GAME.....

Ultrah likes this.
  10. Captain Gilligan

YOU would be surprised how many people do (me being one of them, although I don't have a legendary item yet). But there is also a f2p community that climbs the ranking from some good ol fashion skill. I feel a little cash here and there plus a lot of experience really helps out

11. monobrow

Ever been to a CINEMA?
    Ever socailised with some FRIENDS?
    Ever been on a HOLIDAY?
    Ever spent money on a HOBBY?
    Ever spent money on MUSIC?

Your argument is so flawed it ain't funny.

Live and let live. Focus on what you do, not others, is my advice.

Cyberfisch and Babablacksheep like this.
  12. BagAhBread™

BagAhBread™ New Member

But you wallet whales piss me off though.....you all should be banned from the game a man who spent 3 months playing the game developing his skill with shitty ass weapons get over powered by someone who bought there way into the game that's extremely unfair

13. monobrow

Yep. Life ain't fair bud and cash gets you access to stuff.

Communism seems like the best way forward for you bro. Give it a go, report back, let us know how you get on.

iRSS and Shooter@Bay like this.
  14. BagAhBread™

BagAhBread™ New Member

Not helpful at all there should be a server strictly for wallet whales alone and us who play legit would be dependant on skill alone

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  15. Captain Gilligan

OK, calm down there...for one. These waller warriors give rovio a nice sum of money to make more games.
    Second, the only reason you are seeing these players with legendary items at your level is because they don't know how to use the great weapons they have. There are people who have been playing the game for a couple months and go very high up on the leaderboard.
    As I said, I don't have any legendary items, yet I play with many many many many people that have them. And yet I still do better than most of them. That's why they can't advance.
    I very much agree that being hit by a legendary item hurts quite a lot, but money doesn't match skill and experience

16. monobrow

Yeah. And maybe instead of it running on electricity or anything that costs money it can be powered by good intentions and leet gaming skeelz.

iRSS likes this.
  17. Captain Gilligan

Even though this probably won't ever happen, I would like that quite a lot :p

18. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

I was just thinking about it cause I was about to splurge for the Big Pearls deal, that I've found 1 legendary yellow piece, probably opened about 15 Epic boxes in my BB career. I'm not gonna buy that package cause it just doesn't seem like 14,000 pearls gets you anything interesting. I've also found that VIP helps a lot over time level up items. I'm not awesome at the game, but def enjoy it and would totally give more back to the devs if it got me any actual value. $100 but not much feels extremely/ludicrously expensive. I've also been sitting in 8 Epic Yellows for about a 3 weeks now and it's real clear to me that there's a premium on speeder/fixer items. They probably put all pieces within a rarity, regardless of class, in a pool, so chances of getting a yellow legendary piece is potentially ~100% more difficult than getting the same rarity weapon piece.

19. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

I think the main reason why BattleBay is not showing/asking the price directly for a legendary item is that no person would spend $500+ at once on a game. Like, we say cost of 3000 pearls for the first epic item is too high. Just think, what would have been the cost of legendary item, this way.

Getting an epic container for 3900 pearls is like an installment. Many people are weak at mathematics, and can't calculate the BattleBay's different things: like say, epic level 35 equivalent to legendary level 1. Rare Level 50 equivalent to epic level 40 ish. People think that they would get the same color legendary pieces in each container. They keep on buying more and more containers, only to find a new color legendary piece.

It's quite injustice to the person who buys, say, 27 * 3900 pearls and after combining gets a weapon which he never wished for. I think Rovio should provide an option exclusively for "legendary pieces combining" to choose the item of your wish. I don't think that a sensible person would like to play the game again after spending $900 ans still not getting a weapon/item of his choice.

plenchie and The Otherguy like this.
  20. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I've spent $515 USD. That's including VIP and everything and ik I've gotten a couple leg pieces from scrapping but overall I've gotten 12 red pieces, 5 blue pieces, 4 yellow pieces, and 1 green piece. Got a standard cannon for my leg weapon :D
    Also I got the cannon $100 ago. So I guess I got super lucky and hit your minimum.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2017