1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What are viable weapon options for Fixer?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Juggernaut0503, 12 Jul 2017.

1. Juggernaut0503

Juggernaut0503 New Member

On my MK4 Fixer, I am currently using a Blast Cannon but find that I am only using it in close range attacks, ie. 1 v 1 situations, and thus, don't feel like I'm helping the team enough. Are there any solid weapons I could try out? I have seen Sniper Cannons being used, and have also wanted to try Missile Launchers and Triple Torpedos.

2. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    All those 3 you named seem like great options to me, depends on what the game gives you though really. My guildmate Flynndawg used an epic tier 3 sniper on his mark 4 fixer all the way up to 2.7k+ infamy post patch, so that could be a nice option

3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I would not want to get too close after the selfheal nerf, but it also depends on what you need your weapon to do. Until mk6 you might be forced to deal with not being able to kill anyone once you end up 1vsX.

Missile Launcher: Pushed out some serious pain from safe distance (and even over stuff so you dont have to be in LoS).

Napalm Launcher: Going full support, you wont do top damage and in some games hardly any. But with some practice this is a great Fixer tool, it forces movement, blocks paths and adds confusion - Always a pleasure to drop right behind a guy who came too close to your team.
    Also quite useful at helping a dying teammate, either by blocking the road to him or by giving his assasin something else to handle while you get into healing range.

Sniper Cannon: Range and the ability to help focus someone down. Much better in 1on1 situations.

Cannon: Solid started weapon, probably wont last you past mk4 though.

Big T / Triple T: Like Napalm these help with stressing the opposing team - A strong Big T is a scary thing to face. Useless 1on1.

Im sure other things could work aswell and many more options once you reach mk6 and get a 2nd wep slot.

Swarlos and Bennunator like this.
  4. Juggernaut0503

Thanks for the tips, really appreciate it. I have seen Fixers use Napalm Launchers very effectively, so I might try these out

5. Swarlos

Swarlos Member

I see some of the top Fixers with Carronades.

Maybe to deal with the sneaky speeder coming on the back to murder the Fixer ?

6. Juggernaut0503

Wow haha, just pulled my second epic triple torp, so that's probs gonna be the weapon of choice.

7. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

Depends on who you have the most trouble with. If you pick a long ranged weapon, you can always contribute to team fights at a safe distance (where you should be, anyway). However, you will struggle with speeders who get close. Inversely, short ranged weapons are also fine if its the people diving your team who give you trouble.

I personally prefer sniper cannons, when I'm not worrying about completing quests, but most weapons can work with the appropriate playstyle, on a fixer.

Keep in mind though, that there were some significant balance changes that came out, so the ships you itemize against might change. In a vacuum, I would have picked a torpedo or a cannon, since both allow you to focus on healing unless things go pear shaped, yet you can still contribute sometimes. Just try to be able to do good 1v1 damage, since it happens reasonably often that you are one of the last on your team to go down. So you can't rely on a lone shooter to do the damage. :p

8. NEURON

NEURON New Member

Fixer is suposed to heal not shoot ... But Im using RAILGUN becouse its perfect long-range high dmg weapon with long cooldown ... its not optimal for high waves battles becouse you can easyly miss your enemy but its great to defend from base and from capture points, its great combination with speeder as he can run into then with blast connon and caronade causing distraction and you can take a nice shot on them while you are fixing.

But if you are getting a lot of the time into mid range battle then I recomend triple torpedoes , they are nice croud contol and high dmg they can even split enemies and make them eazy to gang on them.

9. Juggernaut0503

Yeah, just got my second epic triple torp in like a 2 day period, so I'm starting on hose and seeing how they go

10. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

Mines and napalm are very popular late game. Focus on healing, not shooting, while spamming weapons like these to prevent players from getting too close while you take your time and heal. Carronades are also popular to prevent getting kamikaze'd by speeders.

11. NEURON

NEURON New Member

Im using only blue T2 triple and with training points they hit really nice , and the good think with them is you dont have to aim them very precious becouse they are semi-AOE

12. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

I've been using a firebomb, it's a nice distance weapon and if your teammates have fire perks it's a win for them and you

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

One thing to consider is also how your choice of healing items work in combination with your weapons --- The is a big difference between running double pulse & running pulse+bolt+box.

In the double Pulse setup your turret is free to turn whereever you prefer, in the other setup you will need to twist and turn constant --- I'd imagine that the 2nd setup would probably benefit more from a weapon that isn't too heavily reliant on a precise aim, rather use some fire & forget item.

Loving the new bolt btw, but doubt it will truly shine before I get to mk6 & can go Pulse, Pulse, Bolt!

Swarlos likes this.