1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What about another sniper nerf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by HairySpeeder, 14 Sep 2017.

?

Sniper nerf?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    70.4%
  1. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Amen brother!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Sniper damage has been reduced enough, crit is just ridicolous at endgame. Hitting a player when he is far away with nearly 40%+ crit is way too overpowered. I am using short range weapons such as blast cannon on my speeder and with sniper everyone can get a shot way too easily on me, even if i have my t4 epic overboost activated. And getting hit with around 2k crit while I have 4k hp and no bandage with my mk5 is just too overpowered. You can't count the poll's result cause we all know sniper is by far the most used weapon in nightmare league (and pretty sure in the whole game) and no one who has leveled their epic sniper to lv 50 with epic crit perks would vote for a nerf!
    Still I am basically against nerfing items, so before I start complaining about anything, I try to use these items to my advantage as well - so atm I am working on a sniper as well :)

3. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    I say nurf nothing
    People pay and put time and effort into making what we got what we got. If ypu dislike that a weapon is too strong...use it :)

Joey who likes this.
  4. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

dont nerf anything pls :) ppl use sniper bcuz of crit and long distance, but its very likely not their most heavy hitting weapon. Its just very convenient and shouldnt be nerfed anymore.
    Mind you, i dont use sniper :)
    I do think its balanced. My only peeve is with big torps and when they do over 2000 dmg to me by hitting the wall behind me. Like. come on.

5. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Well Said, even tough I use sniper, I don't inflict most damage with that. My most damage comes from Big berta and Ballpark mortar wich sucks at 3000+ according to alot of people.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2017
  6. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

There's a small change in store for the Legendaries Sniper Cannon. Rovio messed up the last update and the T1 to T3 damages weren't changed. https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/sniper-cannon-damage-is-messed-up.12408/

Other than that, I don't think the Sniper is overpowered. When it crits, it's decent, but majority of the time, they don't crit. (45% is not majority). @Stelmo is correct, at close range, Sniper isn't that good and there are better weapons that could deal more devastating damage; Explosive Cannon, Blast Cannon, Big Torp etc,.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2017
    Babablacksheep likes this.
  7. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Sniper is definitely overpowered for a single slot weapon. The fact that everyone is comparing them to big torp and explosive cannon, two slot items, is the tell. It does more damage than my berta often and you can always make it hit effortlessly

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Vainglory nerfs the end progressions of a card if the card is considered OP. Why doesn't Rovio simply change the sniper cannon mk5 end stats, or as such?

9. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Again

As a Sniper user, go ahead and nerf it.

just refund the resources I put into it

People get to feel good because "that OP sniper got nerfed" and everyone using it isn't screwed because they can build something else

which people will then whine about instead and demand it to be nerfed lololololol

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  10. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Its not the sniper. nerf.png Its the crit. (At higher lvls)

11. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

And at those higher levels, if you don't crit, it's worthless.

The Sniper Cannon revolves around crits - you can't say "nerf the crit chance" as if that's detached from the weapon. They're tied together.

Turbocat000 likes this.
  12. The Otherguy

Tech support
    OK, nerf crit dmg. :p
    (Just nerf SOMETHING of the sniper, I dont know what, but I do know its too op atm)

13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Start using it?

Wishaal likes this.
  14. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I know that most of you guys here being against that nerf idea are sniper users, I'm just saying give it that 7.5% damage back and reduce crit chance a little bit. Nothing more.

15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I believe that what makes the sniper so powerful is its ability to make strategic kills almost anywhere on the battlefield.

This is something that I noticed when I traded in my 2nd Blast Cannon for a Big Torpedo. I was consistently doing more damage in all my games with the Big Torp, yet I seemed to be losing more...

The thing is, damage is all well and good, but it doesn't mean anything unless you're taking people out of the game. A shooter with 1hp can do just as much damage as a healthy shooter, if he's allowed to keep floating.

With the double BC I was actively hunting down injured ships and killing them. With the BC+Torp, I was able to spread more damage around, but it was much harder to get it exactly where my team needed it.

That is the real power of the sniper. It's able to deliver that hit exactly where your team needs it, even if you're miles away. That's probably also why so many people hate snipers, because when you're low on health, and trying to get to cover, it always seems to be the gun that kills you.

Being able to remove injured players with such precision, or strategically target fixers, etc, is a huge advantage. Games turn on that kind of thing.

Personally, I think it should cost more: either have a longer cooldown, or be 2 slots. You could probably do both and shooters would still equip use it all the time, because they've got time and slots to spare, and they know how good it is.

TheAntiSnipe, Ian and D3X like this.
  16. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

If you want to compare the blast cannon with the sniper cannon (which you shouldn't, they are two different items).. Look at it this way.

To have a sniper cannon deal nice damage you need to use all crit chance perks, no room for +burn dmg or +cannon damage.

To deal nice damage with blast cannon you don't need any perks at all. And adding burn damage or cannon damage increases it's effect tremendously.

Try using sniper+all crit chance perks with flare gun then try using blast cannon+all burn damage perks and tell me what works better for you. Try using sniper with all burn damage perks or all cannon damage perks and let me know how weak it is aswell ;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Mortars can take off low hp enemies behind walls and huge waves too. Sniper can't do that. Should we ask devs to make all mortars two slot items? Definitely not.

Man u really wanna make a weapon which has twice less damage than an equal blast cannon TWO SLOT only because of its range? Weird.
    Nerfing items for their features is weird.

18. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Thoeritically correct, but practical aspects is a completely different thing, like survival of 1 Hp shooter and on top that doing damage well enough is not so possible especially when speeders in enemy team. Also sniper requires to expose your self with equal chance of getting hit by enemy's sniper.Hitting fixers without crit seems like nothing so that is out of question.
    Big torp on other hand is no skill weapon fire it and forget (i will exclude the extremely good frost torp user). I have seen speeders spamming torps and mines and heavily missing them and just one good hit and it can be a game changer just like you mentioned for sniper.
    And sniper requires skills(have to lead shot almost always) , you find easy to shoot blast canon in heavy waves stages like crash n burn and subzero, where torpedo is a boss and biggest threat.
    And shooters already have high cool down weapons like railgun, They sure do not have time like you said with rising no. Of speeders,big cooldown would hurt a lot.
    ALL i m telling to everyone who asks to nerf it, just try using it, its not that of a game changer as you guys think,it all appears good on paper the projectile speed and range, but sniper has short comings too..

Wishaal likes this.
  19. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Things should cost 'what they are worth', full stop.

I'll believe the sniper is worth the same as a BC or mortar, when people start equipping them in similar numbers.

Even 'if' they do take a railgun, they've still got ~4 other weapons they can fire while they wait. Aside from global cooldown, they basically never have to wait for a shot.

20. Turbocat000

Turbocat000 New Member

I guess its a matter of personal opinion when it comes to choosing weapons which a player is comfortable with..i am sure all of us have been hit, at least once, by a spammed LEGENDARY torp coming from a noob's ship..which obviously could not be avoided and took the player out...

Babablacksheep and The Otherguy like this.