1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What about another sniper nerf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by HairySpeeder, 14 Sep 2017.

?

Sniper nerf?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    70.4%
  1. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

Thank you! Finally someone not crying about sniper nerfs because they are using the weapon right now.. It is a fact that most nightmare players play sniper. There is a reason behind that..

ThatOnion likes this.
  2. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

funny this...my flare gun, one slot, deals 1800 is not OP??

Wishaal likes this.
  3. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

According to that logic devs should nerf mortars and torpedoes too.

@HairySpeeder You answer only to people who are agree with your point of view, am I right? Then what is the point of this thread if u do not answer people who say(and try to proof) that sniper doesn't need nerf?

4. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Ehm from all mortars only long range has range like sniper and it deals less damage. Way less..

Torpedoes require a little bit of skill to land shot as consistently as sniper cannon. (But I would decrease its radius it's insane tho), and also they require another yellow item.

Edit: also apart from all mortars, sniper is as effective at short range as at max range.

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

This is where discussion turns into useless rambling. Up your game!
    --
    The key word you choose to ignore when you post a response like that is "the ability to hit" -- We both know that Sniper plays vastly different than your two chosen hyperbole examples, so why destroy conversation by bringing them in? Enlightmen me please, I really don't understand the need to create junk conversation?

I don't have a very strong opinion on whether Sniper needs a nerf or not, I just pointed out that its used twice as much as anything else & my guess to why that is.

6. Rock'N'Rolla

This is not about range. This is about mortar ability to hit over walls and waves. If u don't have a mortar u will not be able to hit back(WHAT A PROBLEM! NERF THEM ALL!)! But no one is complaining about that because its mortar feature.
    And hitting from long range is sniper feature.
    How long does the fight lasts when u can hit an opponent with sniper only? Only first 20-30 seconds.
    How long does the fight lasts when u can hit an opponent with mortars only? That guys can stand behind walls and subzero waves forever.

My game is absolutely fine. That is why I haven't made a single thread at this forum about how any item is OP.
    Man I don't even try to destroy this conversation. I've no point to do that.
    Mortar example is totally fine imo (torp one was a bit hyperbole I agree). The only defference between mortars and sniper is that thay have different features to hit an enemy who can not hit you back (range and trajectory). But that difference shoudn't be a reason of nerfing.
    P.S. Don't get me wrong in some points. My English is not perfect.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2017
    Wishaal, Shadow Moon! and Joey who like this.
  7. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

There is a huge tradeoff with sniper.
    At close range a non crit hit may as well be a miss, and in nightmare league that usually gets me killed at 3500 hp.
    Sniper is unreliable at short range, and far more difficult to land at mid than blast or ec due to its low arc, leaving me open to their fire while I sit duck waiting for a wave.

Given the choice, I'd much rather be packing blast cannons on my enforcer than the snipers I currently run, and also where I'd put my money for any nerf predictions.
    2500 damage guaranteed with fire, I'd have to land two sniper crits to manage that.

8. Turbocat000

Turbocat000 New Member

Absolutely correct!! moreover sniping accurately also requires a lot of practice and crit shots are occasional and very useful sometimes, at least a shot fired from a sniper cannon is meant to hit a specifically targeted unfriendly ship, unlike torpedoes and mines, which are just launched and dropped randomly HOPING it deals damage to one or more ships in maps like damage depot and destruct 9...LOL...there are only few players, i guess, who uses torpedoes and mines strategically but most of the time its just launch and drop recklessly..to conclude..these are fluke shot weapons..SO PLEASE NERF THEM INSTEAD:D:D

Babablacksheep likes this.
  9. Kitterini

We can agree that both weapons have ups and downs ---- I'd consider statistics before thinking that a Blast Cannon nerf is coming though. Sniper Cannon is run twice as much, that is not a random coincidence :)

Stelmo likes this.
  10. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

That's fair:)
    Sniper is a staple, like turbo or OB. A shooters best hope against speeders.
    I don't really expect a bc nerf either, just teasing, you specifically;) I imagine the big reason for their low number is the sniper talent conflict, or there'd be a lot more on the big red fellas.

Shadow Moon! and Babablacksheep like this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I have a suggestion. Why don't we reduce the sniper's projectile speed by a hair? That's a fine nerf, because it makes skill more a part of the equation

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. Kitterini

& here is probably the best argument for why Sniper shouldn't be nerfed aslong as speeder remains the top boat :)

13. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

I don't need to answer everyone.

14. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Can we buff the railgun damage so it actually is the ultimate weapon as written in the description?

15. Rock'N'Rolla

Oookaaay then.
    And let it go through waves leaving fire circles in them!

16. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Lol i always think that, is it really the ultimate weapon... I think i want a projectile speed like frost blaster,so you have least possibilities of missing it...

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

If you mastered leading your shots hitting with explosive canon is no issue. Explosive canon has got a bigger curve than sniper, so you can even shoot over small waves. So there are alot of situations where it's even easier for me to hit with explosive canon than with sniper canon.

Blast canon with all buffs is also really powerfull and more reliable than sniper,

Just because you need more skill to use a certain weapon doesn't make it any less powerfull. Be sure to have perfect aim before you use it as an argument that sniper canon is overpowered.

18. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I want my railgun to be the ultimate weapon.
    [​IMG]

19. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    If Big torp is overrated. My lvl 30 uncommon does 800 and takes more skill that BC. Sure torps are spammable, but that is very easily avoidable... If you cant avoid a spammed torp...

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

If they nerf even a hair of big torp I surely will quit the game. They took away my fixer now if they're going to take speeder too then I'm done with the game.